When Hell Seems to Come Against You, Be an Overcomer!

Credit card bills from identity theft charges onto Dale’s name

Have you ever felt like hell was coming against you? I don’t make that statement often. But last week…well, it was a humdinger if you know what I mean.

Someone stole Dale’s identity, opened credit card accounts, used existing accounts, and racked up thousands upon thousands of dollars in his name. We immediately alerted Experian, our bank and the police. Our accounts were put on hold. Now we’re getting bills in the mail every day. Some of the companies are gracious. Others say we owe them the money.  Oh my. . .

Ellie (first year of college) called us from school last week and said she had been taken off the roll in her classes. She couldn’t use the student parking lot, because her parking pass had become null and void. All her homework on the school computer system disappeared. We called the school. No one answered. We emailed.  No one emailed back. Dale and I drove to Richmond to get to the root of the problem. They said we hadn’t paid her school bill. We drove back home and got the bank statements to prove we had indeed paid them. That was last week.  She still isn’t in all of her classes yet!  We’re driving back out there today!  Oh my. . .

Last week, we got a call from the insurance company in charge of reimbursing us for the car accident we were involved in back in December. They had already concluded the accident was the other person’s fault. However, they informed us that they wouldn’t be paying Dale’s $30,000 in hospital bills that were incurred.  Oh my. . .

These were just a few of the things that happened last week.  Yeah, there were more.  And just as big!  None have been resolved as of today. Circumstances like these can easily overcome me if I let them. I have to consciously cast all my burdens on Him daily…hourly.

There are 4 things that I know to be true when hell seems to rage against me:

1.   I know-Satan seeks to kill, steal and destroy, so these kind of things shouldn’t surprise me. He is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. (I Peter 5:8-9)
  2. However, I know that “No weapon formed against me shall prosper. . .this is the heritage of the servants of the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:14)  We are not promised a life with no battles, but we are promised that when we stand on Truth in faith, no weapon Satan tries to use against us will prosper.
  3. I know that I must-“Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might and put on the whole armor of God every day so that I may be able to STAND against the schemes of the enemy.” (Ephesians chapter 6:10-18) For God has not given me the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (II Timothy 1:7) AMEN! There is power in God’s promise’s, there is victory in Jesus no matter what my circumstances are.
  4. I know that I am an overcomer! “For whoever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.”  (I John 5:4) “Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12)

Lord, I long for that moment when I stand before You on judgment day and You say, “Well done my good and faithful servant. . . you were an overcomer when Hell came against you.  I reward you with the crown of life!”

I want to be found faithful in ALL circumstances, knowing what the Word of God says, so that I can fight these battles victoriously and live the overcomer’s life.

I’m pretty excited right now. That’s what truth does–it sets us free! Speaking, writing, and declaring truth increases our faith.  And remember, faith is how we overcome!

Do you need prayer about a circumstance that seems impossible? Leave a short comment, and I’ll pray for you.

Comments

1. Oh my Sharon! That is so very awful, but you definitely have insights to where this attack is coming from. I agree with you in prayer that you and Dale have victory in all these things in Jesus’ name. So sorry you have to walk it out but I am looking forward to seeing how God uses these stories for good. I bless you and Dale and your family in the name of Jesus, and I call the angels of God to go forth to such that all these things are resolved and taken care of such that God receives all the glory. Go in peace girlfriend.

2. Sharon, we’re experiencing similar “squeezings”, and it seems that the spiritual realm is really stirred up and shifting right now. Things seem upside down and inside out, and I believe a sifting is taking place, a sifting preparing the way of the Lord. Come, Lord Jesus! And, in the meantime, let’s continue to contend for our inheritance, encouraging and praying for one another, as we anticipate His kingdom!

• Amen Kathryn! I will pray for you as we contend on the battle front here. Even though the days are hard, it is exciting to see the power of the Lord work in the hardest circumstances. It is such a high honor to be enlisted in His army!!

3. Oh Sharon,
    Please know I am standing with you in prayer. That God your defender would redeem & restore every detail of this mess. YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!!

4. Sharon…the devil sure hates you and your family! I know it is because you keep getting in his territory and he is trying to get to you to back down! Be strong my friend! You will hear well done good and faithful servant!

5. Heather Marcotte says:

I now know why I had you on my mind the week before this.I felt strongly that I was supposed to be praying for you.I still am.We are dealing with some stuff as well.The enemy is not happy with you guys.You have the right attitude.We love you guys so much and are PRAYING!!

• Thank you for being faithful to pray for us Heather. We had so much happening last week and this past weekend I couldn’t email anyone. I’ll pray for you as well!! I love you.

6. Tanya Singleton says:

Sharon, I love how you call Satan on his stuff – and I know he doesn’t like it when we do this! Standing strong with you and yours sister, because God gives warriors like yourself strength and PEACE to keep the faith and inspire others!

7. Just spent some time in prayer for you, your finances and your family. Love to you!

8. Sharon-

Oh my goodness–I am so sorry to hear this. Know that your friends here in Damascus are praying for you. So glad to know ( BUT NOT SURPRISED!) you have your armor on!

9. Rachel Moberley says:

Hey Sharon!! Long time no see, sigh! :/ Sounds like we’ve been quite busy these days… more sighs! But… I agree with you whole heartedly, and I KNOW that God is on our side! May the JOY of ADONAI be our strength! Breakthrough it right at the door and we say YES to it in Jesus almighty name!
    Say a prayer for Michelle f., Ana, and myself… we need to move in less than 2 weeks and things aren’t in order for us to do so. We still don’t know where we’re going (exactly). We have a possibility but still need one or two more roommates, and a washer and dryer to actually make it happen. AND, an extra months rent for the security deposit. God help us, quickly. Amen!

• Hey Rachel! I will pray for you, Michelle and Ana. How about Christina styles as another roommate? Lord provide for these young ladies quickly! in Jesus’ Name Amen! We could put a request out on facebook for the washer and dryer and my house is open for the first week of Oct if ya’ll want to come here for that week. We’ll be here too of course, but our girls wont be here that week. Yes Lord breakthrough is at the door! In Jesus’ almighty name!

10. Obviously God is using you! I’m thankful you put this out there for me to read…God’s using you in the battle. I’m reminded of Whitney’s closing talk at She Speaks – HE is worth it!! Keep on keeping on Sharon…many are holding a turtle shell for you!

11. Mandy Currie says:

Oh dear Sharon, I’m so terribly sorry to hear about all your trials, I’m sure you must be frustrated with it all. God keep you and bless you to stay strong and stand through all this, and come out the other side knowing, KNOWING, that the Word works every time. God bless you in your ministry. Kind Regards Mandy Currie

12. Hannah says:

Praying!

13. Barbara Curry says:

Sharon- I had no idea you and Dale were going through all this . Bowie and I will definitely be praying for you all that the Lord will intervene and fight for you and resolve this mess . May He do exceedingly abundantly above all you could ever ask or think. We love you!

14. Lifting you up in prayer, dear Sister! With love, In Christ, Judi:)

15. Cuky Lymch says:

Thank you for confirming how to know if you are following Jesus. Everyday I rise and claim ” This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it”. Psalm 118:24 spend time with God in Jesus through the Holy Spirit and put on my armor and sharpen my sworn with five bible verses that empower me.. die to self and put on my smile …. Then to battle.
    One battle after another.. Last night in time for the upcoming Woman’s Retreat .. one of the three kidney stones that can not be operated decided to move around. I know that Jesus is in charge so with joy in mind and heart I can claim that I am looking forward to seeing you in a few days. Hallelujah!!!

• Amen Cuky!! I can’t believe I’ll see you soon!! It has been 5 years! I didn’t see you when I came the second time I spoke for your church 4 eal Cukyyears ago. I long to see you! Lord, God you are our healer and our provider. We ask that You heal Cuky’s body by Your power and by Your might.Dissolve the kidney stones! In Jesus’ Name Amen. Thank You Lord! I’ll keep praying Cuky! I love you!

16. Sharon McConnell says:

Father. How we praise and thank you that absolutely everything that has come against Sharon and her family has filtered through your loving hands for you to use all of it to conform her to the image of your son, Jesus. Thank you that you will perfect that which concerns Sharon and her family members. Thank you that none of this to hard for you to accomplish your perfect will for them in all these things so that her faith confidence in your grows more and more. How wonderful that the trying and testing of their faith in you and your ability on their behalf will result in your promise in James 1.4. You are such an awesome and gracious God who loves to perfect that which concerns her.

17. Carol says:

Sharon, I just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading a few posts. I read your sincere offer to pray in this post and would like to ask for your prayers for my daughter, Anna. She is in ICU fighting lung disease and trying to become strong enough to be placed on the lung transplant list. Doctors say a transplant is the next step for her. But she knows and loves Jesus, her savior and healer. Please pray for healing, or to be healthy enough to go on the list and receive new lungs, for the enemy to flee from her at the name of Jesus, for her to be filled with hope in the plan God has for her life… Thank you.

• Carol do you have time for me to call and pray with you on the phone? If so, tell me when to call and I will. I am praying right now for Anna. Blessings, Sharon