Susanna Wesley’s Prayer Apron- Powerful Life Story

My vintage aprons hanging on clothesline

My vintage aprons and the winners aprons hanging on clothesline- behind the aprons a few  butternut squash, cucumbers and tomato plants

Hidden behind the door of many homes is the reality of hardship.  Secret things happen that few want the world to know.  Yet, from some people (presently and historically) we are given the inside story, whether they want it told or not.

A devastated home isn’t always apparent on first impression, is it? Susanna Wesley was married to a preacher.  They had 10 children of which, two grew up to bring millions of souls to Christ. That would be John and Charles Wesley.  It’s a powerful story if you stop there, isn’t it?

But, behind the door of her home, hopeless conditions were the norm.  She married a man who couldn’t manage money.  They disagreed on everything from money to politics.  They had 19 children.  All except ten died in infancy.  Sam (her husband) left her to raise the children alone for long periods of time.  This was sometimes over something as simple as an argument.

One of their children was crippled.  Another couldn’t talk until he was nearly six years old.  Susanna herself was desperately sick most of her life.  There was no money for food or anything.  Debt plagued them.

Sam was once thrown into debtor’s prison because their debt was so high, which doubled their problems.  Twice the homes they lived in were burned to the ground, losing everything they owned.  It was assumed that their church members did it because they were so mad at what Sam preached in the pulpit!  Someone slit their cow’s udders so they wouldn’t have milk, killed their dog, and burned their flax field!

When Susanna was young, she promised the Lord that for every hour she spent in entertainment, she would give to Him in prayer and in the Word.  Taking care of the house and raising so many kids made this commitment nearly impossible to fulfill. She had no time for entertainment or long hours in prayer!  She worked the gardens, milked the cow, schooled the children and managed the entire house herself.  So, she decided to instead give the Lord two hours a day in prayer!

She struggled to find a secret place to get away with Him.  So she advised her children that when they saw her with her apron over her head, that meant she was in prayer and couldn’t be disturbed.  She was devoted to her walk with Christ, praying for her children and knowledge in the Word no matter how hard life was.

One of her daughters got pregnant out of wedlock and the man never married her.  She was devastated, but remained steadfast in prayer for her daughter.

In the end, she knew that one day her hard life would be over and she alone would stand before the throne of God and give an account of how she lived her life.

We can be the best mom, wife, friend, person in the world and still have untold hardships.  We need to take Susanna’s example, flip our apron over our head and pray in the middle of it all.

Back to the beginning of my story…

Her son’s John and Charles were powerhouses for the glory of the Lord.  John Wesley preached to nearly a million people in his day.  At the age of 70 he delivered the gospel message of salvation to 32,000 people- without the use of a microphone!  He brought revival everywhere he traveled!  His brother Charles wrote over 9000 hymns, many of which we still sing today.

Hidden behind the door of my home, I want our children to find a mom who prays diligently- no matter how busy or how hard the circumstances.  I want to raise up John Wesley’s out of our family line!  Where’s my apron?

I’m giving away two Susanna Wesley inspired Prayer Apron’s.  Leave a one word comment below about what you need prayer about in your home to enter the drawing. (The book I read on John Wesley is mentioned in this blog post)

Flip your apron over your head- begin your prayer and close it with this verse from Philippians.

Get your apron out, flip it over your head–begin your prayer and close it with this verse

This is one of the aprons I'm giving away in the drawing. Tell what you need prayer for in your family in the comment section--that enters your name to win one of the two aprons.

This is one of the aprons I’m giving away in the drawing. Tell what you need prayer for in the comment section to enter your name to win one of the four aprons. Winner drawn Wednesday!

This is the second apron. This one is hand stitched, "

This is the second apron., it is hand stitched and fits a large

This is the biography about Susanna Wesley that I read. Moody Press is the publisher.

This is a good  biography about Susanna Wesley,  Moody Press  publisher

Comments

1. Hannah says:

in-laws

2. Detra says:

Overcoming

3. Debbie says:

Commitment

4. wonderful !

5. GRACE says:

Diligence

6. Judy Ledford says:

This devotion touched me so much you will never know! I have two sons that I have prayed for since their conception! One is living and working for the Lord, but one has turned his back on God and he was called to preach in his teen years! He is married now with two small daughters, one is 3 and has never been to church except for the times they let me take her! I don’t know if his wife has ever been truly saved, she says she has but the life she leads doesnt show the fruit. I am not giving up hope that one day they will come to the Lord! I have trusted in the verses you posted so many times, along with the one about raising them right and when they are old they will not depart! I know the Lord has heard my prayer and one day I know he will answer it! I hope it is in my lifetime, but if He sees fit to take me before He answers it, I will still Praise Him! Thank you for your devotional words. I read them daily before going to work, and it helps me through out the day! God Bless You and your ministry!

• Thank you Judy! Lord, we ask that You bring Judy’s son and his entire family to You. Bring us this generation to be mighty warriors for You and for Your glory! In Jesus’ name, amen! He will do it Judy! Love and hugs! Sharon

7. Acceptance

8. Donna says:

Servanthearts

9. Karen Borkosky says:

growing

10. Rachel says:

I love the story of Susannah Wesley! What an amazing testament to the power of prayer. I am struggling to deepen my prayer life as my two kids and I have some transitions ahead. I need prayer that they will adapt to the changes and not get discouraged.

• Lord, help Rachel and her two children with the transitions that are before them. Provide for them supernaturally and give them the peace that passes all understanding that only comes from You! In Jesus’ name, amen! Love and hugs, Sharon

11. Carol Fowler says:

Endurance.

12. Jennifer Schuman says:

Commitment – Sharon, thank you for this faith-filled inspiration today. I needed this reminder to pray FIRST!

13. Lindsay says:

I loved this post and am totally sharing it with our mops group as well as the p31 devotion. What a great example of a passionate mom in the mess of life. John Wesley is a complex and interesting person to me but I love seeing him through this lense. It was inspiring. Please pray for my children and their safety this week. That they will be safe but also make good choices and follow God. Also that i can guide them wisely in His word. Please pray that I find employment that allows me to be a mom, find some value and earn money. Thank you.

• I’m thrilled that it blessed you Lindsay! Yes, John Wesley was complex, it took YEARS for him to finally get to the point where he became a revivalist. God is so patient with us as we learn and grow.
      Lord, help Lindsay to find a job to help her family and protect her children. Thank You! In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

14. Holly Scholz says:

Every morning I wake up between 5-6 a.m. and pray for a peace-filled home. I need to pray more for my husband of 20 years to be patient and draw to draw closer to God. I also have 3 teenagers so I spend alot of time praying for them!

15. Carol Williams says:

WISDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Kelly says:

Peace

17. Susan says:

steadfastness

18. strength.

May God bless you.

19. Focus

20. Cindy says:

Loved the clothesline picture. The apron on the far right looks like the one my Aunt Lucy wore. Such a good cook.

What I need is “direction”. After almost 32 years of marriage and childrearing where is this phase of life taking me?

21. surgery

22. Becky says:

Unity

23. Self-Discipline

24. Depression

25. Heather says:

Trust

26. Perseverence

27. Andrea says:

Motherhood

28. Patience. Trust.

29. Steadfastness

30. I am so filled with the Spirit. I am grateful God gave me a purpose on earth. I am committed to raising children who honor and glorify our Lord. I am committed to serving God and showing those around me his beautiful story. Thank you for giving me additional strength to continue in my purpose. Lisa

31. Son

32. Kristen Johnson says:

Wisdom and endurance. We are starting the parenting adventure any day now.

33. Bev Price says:

Prayerlife

34. Sharon says:

Patience

35. Ellie says:

Grandson

36. Stacy says:

relationships

37. Michele says:

Provision.

Thank you for telling more of Susanna’ story. I’m going o look for that book at the library. I’m a single mom of 3. A 22 year who is taking the long path; a 19 year old whose drive and determination mix with anger fom her past she refuses to face; and a seven year old who looks like every other kid but is so plagued with medical problems (like aspergers for one). I pray for my children, but often feel so lost in trying to provide on a teachers’ salary and in trying to help them see the glory of God amongst all the challenges thy face. Thank you or starting my day with hope and thanks to Him who gave you the heart o share and he is doom to know what I needed. <3

• Wow Michele! If you can’t find the book let me know and I’ll send you mine. May the Lord continue to give you strength for the journey and provisions every day. Love and hugs!

38. Tracy says:

unity

39. teresa meacham says:

openness to hear God’s word

40. Mary Beth says:

God’s “pathways”

41. Amy M says:

Family

42. Jamie says:

Hunger

43. Charlotte Askew says:

Pray that we can find a job for the winter as our SS alone will not carry us through 6 months.

• Oh my Charlotte! Do you have family you could live with? I think more families will have to start living with one another in the coming days. It just cost so much to live! I love you and will pray. Lord, bring work for Charlotte and her husband to pay their bills and live. Provide for them in supernatural ways. In Jesus’ name, amen. love and hugs, sharon

44. Marcia says:

Faithfulness

45. Donna says:

Trust

46. Christine says:

I am praying for my son who has graduated college but has no clue what to do from here. He needs a renewed relationship with God so that he will listen for God’s voice to lead him. He is a wonderful young man who seems caught between two worlds and I pray he chooses Jesus!!

• Yes, Lord help him choose Your path and direction! Open doors for him that only you can open and close all that are not of you. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs,
      Sharon

47. Jon Campbell MD says:

Service. My goal every morning should be “service.” Service to my God, my family, those individuals who God puts in my path today.

• Lord, continue to fill Jon with Your never ending river. Fill to overflowing as so much is given. Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, sharon

48. Peggy Lago says:

Biopsy

49. Elaine says:

Finances

50. ELIZABETH AKINYI OKUMU says:

Dear Suzzane
    I was moved so much by this story..i got 4 children..2 daughters out of wedlock,rejected by the man who sired them,the other two from an abusive marriage..
    Every day am worried my daughters may experience the same things..rejection,not married,children out of wedlock,abusiveness..i pray everyday..but the prayer apron has ignited my inner spirit to reverently keep praying for i can change their history..so that they cling to God’s feet..

51. Nancy says:

So good this am as I start week #3 helping my son in law care for his and my daughters 6 children ages 3-17. My daughter tried to take her own life and the life of their 4 youngest children. By the grace of God and many prayers it didn’t work………. but now she is in jail facing 240 yrs! She and my son in law are both in total denial and think tomarow, next week she will get out, come home and start all over! Please pray for our family. For wisdom in all the decisions ahead! Thank You!

• Dawn R.Hurst-Stultz says:

Oh, dear Nancy,
      Know I am very sorry about the predicament you find yourself in. God bless you and strengthen you, and give you patience & courage to ‘mother’ your daughter’s children, to give you a spirit of kindness as you try to meet their many needs. I’m sure it’s quite overwhelming. Know that I will pray for you and them and him (and yes, her too) every day, ok?! Our God works miracles out of brokenness (I, too, was once quite broken. It happens to the best of us, despite our better intentions.)
      Sincerely,
      a new friend & prayer-warrier,
      Dawn

• Dawn R.Hurst-Stultz says:

this is for Nancy, should you care to correspond, or if you think you’re at your wits’
        end.
        dawnhurststultz@comcast.net

• Thank you so much Dawn I appreciate your words and prayers! Busy days here but going very well! Praise God I am healthy and have pretty good energy for 61! I want to contact you after the weekend. :)
          Blessings,
          Nancy

• Oh my Nancy!
      Lord, give Nancy supernatural ability right now. Give her endurance, wisdom, joy, peace, discernment and every other good gift Lord! She sure needs it all! Help her daughter to rise out of this pit of despair and darkness into the light and be a new woman following hard after You. Heal the brokenness that has occurred in the family because of this trauma. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

• Thank you so much Sharon! Your devotional was just what I needed to hear yesterday! I have never signed up for a blog before, looking forward to yours! Thank you for your personal words and prayers! They mean soooo much! Grateful to have a couple good churches, family and friends surrounding us also. We are already seeing God work in and through this! Praise God!
        Blessings,
        Nancy

52. Peace.

53. Sheeba m says:

This is a powerful devotional reminding us moms how much of an impact we can make on our children for th rest of their lives . I would like prayer to have another child. We have been trying for awhile now though The Lord has phenomenally worked in our lives intensely for the many years we have been married fulfilling every promise this is one prayer I hold onto waiting for an answer.

• Lord, give Sheeba and her husband the desire of their heart, another baby that they will dedicate to you. Thank You!. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

54. Heather says:

Being more devoted to prayer.

55. Tiffiny says:

To be “useful” again

56. Delynda says:

Laura

57. JessicaR says:

Clarity

58. Denise says:

Overcoming fear and for my children

59. Perseverance

60. peace

61. Ellen says:

I am in prayer for my husband to pursue his relationship with God.

62. cferby says:

I pray for balance, peace, commitment, and wisdom. My husband works long hours and I am home with our 6 children. I find myself stepping into his role and I don’t want to do it anymore. He is the head of the home and I am the heart. I need to pray with out ceasing for my husband and make a commitment to do this daily. An orderly home will bring about peace.

• Yes, Lord bring balance to this home and peace that passes all understanding! Bring unity to their marriage on every level. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, sharon

63. Filling

64. Lora C says:

Daughter

65. Nancy Copple says:

Marriage

66. Please pray for children after all they are our future, they will become the leaders of countries and nations, and all of our children need the LORD!!! Please pray for my specific children here my family: Michael, Alex, Joel, Nicholas are my sons and Jacob, Nathan, Tyler, Gabriel, Janaisa, Jayden, and the new baby girl about to be born. Thank You and GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!

• Lord bless this family with even more of You! Provide for them and fill them with every good gift from you. Help them to be mighty leaders for You in the coming future and give them wisdom and strength in Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

67. Louise Kerr says:

Mission trip

68. Ingenuity

69. Jennifer says:

Prayerlife. Self -discipline. Bible Reading. Heart for Gods Word renewed.

70. Kristen says:

Oliver

71. Last year God gave me the word–Empowered.
    God was giving me confidence that I could do what He has planned for me. When I was 14 I began my life in Christ, and at the same time, I stared to write and I’ve been writing ever since.
    I read the life of Sussanah Wesley and was amazed at her strength. This is the first time I have been at your blog.
    Thank you!

• I love how God empowers us to do what He calls us to do. We can’t do those things on our own ability. I’m glad you have stopped by to meet me on my blog-subscribe so we can keep in touch! Love and hugs,
      Sharon

Please keep the families of the Prescott community of firefighters in your prayers.

73. Lanie says:

Wisdom

74. Trisha says:

Love

75. Ramona says:

Prayer life and two teenagers!

76. Sheila B says:

Wisdom

77. becky says:

Please pray for the Prescott, AZ community of firefighers- all those mothers and wives, fathers and children, and friends experiencing the tragedy.

78. Reconciliation

79. Lisa S says:

I love your blog and the devotion on praying for our children. I am in desperate need for my children, my husband who recently had a head injury, and my marriage! Prayer is the only way I getting through each day. Praise God that he listens and hears us!

• Lord Lisa needs miracles for her husband, children and marriage, You know that already. You have told us in Matthew 7:7 to ask and it will be given, seek and we will find, knock and it will be opened. We ask all of this on behalf of Lisa’s family and believe Your Word is true. Heal, save, protect and refresh this family in Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs!

80. Marcella Snyder says:

85. Jill Lindsey says:

Patience

86. Tree Freeman says:

Kidoo’s :)

87. Jess Phillips says:

Healing

Thank you for a wonderful message. It touched my heart

88. Martha says:

forgiveness

89. His presence

90. ‘job’

91. Carmella says:

~Obedience~

92. Elyssa M. Lassiter says:

Contentment :)

93. Kim C. says:

Prayerlife

Thank you for sharing this inspiring post!

94. Becky M says:

Balance

95. Finances

96. Stacy says:

Seeking the Lord 1st thing in the morning. Stepping away from distractions that cause frustration with my children when they seek my attention.

97. Becky says:

Thank you for this encouraging post! I know the power of a mom’s prayers–when my mom was in Bible college, she felt God leading her to the mission field. Everyone she told discouraged her–even her own mom. She settled on marrying my dad who was studying to be a preacher. Little did she know the heartache that was in store for her. When each of her four kids were born, she prayed that God would use one of us on the mission field. She never told us because she didn’t want us to be “momma called” but “God called.” What a blessing to my mom’s heart when God called me–28 years after her first prayers with her first baby’s birth. When my mom shared that with me, my heart was overwhelmed with gratitude to God for answering her prayers! I am now praying for my 25 year old son who has chosen to live away from the Lord. I know God hears and answers the prayers of moms.

98. Wisdom

99. Polly Schneider says:

Strength

100. Sheree says:

Patience

101. Sharon says:

Healing

102. A life of purity and reverence for my sons in particular. The discipline to pray for my children, including consistently and walk uprightly before them. My hearts desire is for my children to hunger and thirst for God.

103. A life of purity and reverence for my sons in particular. The discipline to pray for my children, including consistently and walk uprightly before them. My hearts desire is for my children to hunger and thirst for God.

104. Malinda says:

As a Gramma I need prayer for my 3 grandchildren ….for courage to speak the truth in love!

105. Evelyn says:

What an encouraging message:) I plan on getting my degree next year and I have to give up a lot to go back to school. I have three children and a husband who just isn’t there. This makes me a little afraid on under taking such a big plan seemingly by myself for the coming years. I know God is there and I know He will be with me. I know that should be enough but I suppose I just wish things to be different. God has impressed on my heart lately, commitments. Especially in prayer. Which is why this devotional just resonates with me. I’ve recently heard about General MacArthurs prayer for his son and now hearing about Weseley and her life story, I feel related too. Not that I have complete understanding yet, but know that God is with me even when I feel like I’m just holding my head up above water.

• Lord give Evelyn wisdom for the days ahead, discernment for timing and Your leading. Bring unity and peace to her children and husband. In Jesus’ name, amen. Thank You Lord!

106. Marriage

107. son

108. Karolina says:

content patience while waiting on God’s plan to unfold.

Thank you for sharing such a powerful story!!

109. Cindy says:

Boldness

110. I am praying for my two teenage children to follow after Gods heart all the days of their lives

111. restoration

112. Crystal Hayduk says:

Love

113. Praying for my kids and grandson!

114. Pam L R says:

Devoted or Amazing

115. Cheryl says:

children and grandchildren

116. Monica says:

Parenting:)

117. Debbie says:

Thank you so much for this post, Praying for my son to return to the Lord with his whole heart

118. Mary R says:

Hope

119. Sallie says:

Reconciliation, healing, and growth in the Walk.

120. Prayerfulness

121. Sons

122. Forgiveness

123. Cherie Johnson says:

Harmony

124. Michelle says:

Strength!
    As the mother of four, with three under age three, I need strength. What a great reminder of what I should do when things get crazy and overwhelming. I love this story!

125. Kari

daughter’s upcoming marriage

149. Sara S says:

Sons

150. Jennifer says:

Commitment

151. christina says:

Courage to hear God when he speaks to me.

152. Stephanie Johnson says:

Finances

153. Calm

154. For fire!!!!

155. Children (and Faith and Trust in the Lord – sorry, can’t pick just one)

156. Robin Williams says:

Prayer for my sister and I as we care for our father who has cancer.

157. Family
    Thank you so much for the post. I am deeply touched by this story.

158. Marcia Pratt says:

Son

159. Lisa Sanders says:

Guidance

160. Currently trusting God to provide a house for us!

161. Libbra says:

CHILDERN (two boys)

Children, trust, direction sorry couldn’t pick just one

163. Jennifer says:

Children, trust, direction… Sorry I couldn’t choose one.

164. Kelley Wallace says:

To be refreshed this summer before I start teaching my children again in August!

165. Prayer for our grandson Cash who has spent his life at Childrens Hospital in Minneapolis, Mn.
    God has brought him through some trying situations and I know that if it weren’t for our prayer warriors he would not be where God has him today…Our prayer for him at this time is that he will be able to swallow and get off his vent and remove his trac.
    Thank You for listening.

• Lord, You are the Great Physician, our healer and our provider- we ask that You heal this baby and make him strong and mighty in Your name. Help him to swallow on his own and be completely healed in Jesus’ name. Amen. Love and hugs!

166. Ability to have children

167. I am all too often caught by surprise when God reaches down to touch my heart as with this devotional today. I clicked on your link after reading the devotion at P31, feeling the need for prayer for myself. I started reading the many comments, and find myself praying for others. Thank you God for the many wonderful examples of Godly women who pray for their children. Our family suffered the devastating loss of our 23 year old son just 12 days ago. I have prayed for this precious child his entire life, yet as I started reading this I immediately felt the waves of guilt, that it wasn’t enough! I want to be like Mrs. Wesley and pray for our other son as long as I breathe on this earth. Of course I will, but Lord, let me be so intentional that I can pull my apron over my head too, so as to never miss the time I should devote to you! Thank you for writing this today Sharon! it gave this broken heart some comfort. (please send the aprons to any of the above women, I just wanted you to know you blessed me today!)

• Oh my goodness Susie, my heart dropped when I read your comment. I can not imagine losing my 23 year old son. Your words touched MY heart. Lord, I lift my dear sister Susie to You right now. Comfort her as only You can, give her peace in the middle of confusion and hope in middle of despair. Protect her from the lies of the enemy and give her strength to overcome him with Your Word.
      Lord- wrap Your strong arms around her right now and give her hugs from all of us who can’t! In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

168. Gwen Ostby says:

TRUTHFULLNESS

169. Kathleen says:

Please pray that God gives me and our family the strength, courage and wisdom to face the future.
    My husband has filed for divorce, lost his job, has become an alcoholic, and we have to sell our family home.
    Thank you for your prayers.

• Oh no Kathleen! How terrible! Lord we petition You to save this family from all this pain. Wake this man up and let him see the consequences of his lifestyle. Convict him Lord, turn his eyes toward You! Strengthen this family Lord, give them peace as they walk this out. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

170. Trust.

I love this story. It always testifies to me of prayer even in the midst of trials.

171. Family

172. A prayer apron! What an awesome idea!!! Aprons can serve so many purposes. They can be utilitarian, they can remind us of special events and/or people. And, now, for a quiet place to meet my Lord in prayer. <

173. Discernment.

174. Daphine Abston says:

Pray for my son that I believe have demon spirit he involve with a woman that he have destroy his marriage and his wife still love him until it have affect her health and she is a very sweet person please pray for us most of all my son

• Lord, we lift Daphine’s son to You asking for a miracle for his life. Convict him of sin, righteousness and Your judgement! Make him strong in Your name!Heal his wife and make her strong. Thank You Lord! In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

175. susan says:

Prayer for courage to be who the Lord wants me to be for my son and my husband.

176. Dorothy says:

For our relationship with our adult son to be better

177. Teresa Cox says:

sons

178. Can't. Talk. says:

Sister’s family. And… ummm. Sister’s family again.

• Can't. Talk. says:

Oh, and prayer works here, apron someone else. Like that lady with the daughters and the abuse and nervousness.

Also, I would like to encourage her, that the future can be better than the past makes it look like it might be.

• Yes, Lord do a mighty work on her sister’s family, and let them tell of your wonderful works all the days of their lives! In Jesus’ name, amen

179. Chrissie says:

Grace.

But please, give the aprons to another if you have chosen me, I have an apron, and quiet places I can use to pray and I do. Someone else will need them more and God will direct you to them. Thank you and God bless.

Chrissie

180. Please pray for my healing my bipolar. It has damaged my family. Thank you

• Lord you are our healer and we lift Sis to you right now asking for a miracle for her. Heal and restore everything that has been broken in her life. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs!

181. Elaine Bridges says:

I need prayer for peace, contentment and wisdom. Peace and contentment if The Lord wants me to stay on the course I am on. Wisdom to know what He wants for my family.

182. Pat Parker says:

Fellowship

183. Praying for strength, overcoming fear, healing for our family. Our 4th son was diagnosed with a fatal genetic condition and passed away 2 hours after birth. We have spent the 3 months before he was born praying for a miracle of healing and at the very least time with him alive before he went to heaven so our other boys could meet him. God answered those prayers. We have spent the last 4 months since his birth (and death) praying for strength to face the day, overcoming fear of daily trials and health concerns, and healing emotionally and physically for our family. Life is hard. I think of Suzanna Wesley often as I pray without ceasing for all the needs in our lives and that our children will heal from the loss of their brother. God is good – even when we cannot see Him or feel Him.

• Oh Amie I am so very sorry that your son died. My heart breaks for you. We lost our first grandchild and to this day I cry over our lose. I wrote a blog post about her, if you would like to read it here is the link http://sharonglasgow.com/2012/11/he-restored-us-after-our-loss/
      Lord, Heal Amie’s broken heart, comfort her as only You can. Take fear away and replace with peace and joy. Bring comfort Lord, please Lord!! In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and big hugs!

184. Shannon Boyd says:

Please pray for wisdom and strength to deal with family and aging issues.

185. JCastle says:

grandchildren

186. Denee says:

Freedom

187. Julie says:

Wisdom. Praying for all the above ladies who have shared heart-breaking stories. Thank you Sharon, for the encouragement to continue praying even more fervently for my husband and three young children.

188. Nichole says:

wisdom

189. Marsha Lehman says:

strength

190. Evelyn says:

Sons

191. Jennifer Huebner says:

A spirit of indifference. I’m really in a slump and trying to get out. Thank you.

192. Jessica says:

Divorce

193. Meyette says:

Need to pray for my family to serve the Lord again.

194. Yvette says:

Family healing, reconciliation & restoration.

195. Jessica says:

I need prayer for a job for my husband. That I can make time in the day to be with God for more than just 15 minutes. That I will guide my children in the ways of the Lord. Thank YOU!

196. Patty says:

Wisdom. For me and for my 18 year old daughter.

197. Marriage

198. steadfastness

I also have a son who was called to ministry when he was very young. He is extremely gifted with music and has an amazing ability to lead people into the presence of God while leading worship. He started leading worship when he was 15 and about a year later he began to slowly slip into sin and walked away from God all together. He went several years walking his own path and even landed himself in jail for a few months. He came back home and started going back to church and it didn’t take long before God start changing his heart. I had never seen a change in him like this one. He was almost glowing he had so much joy in his heart! He got deep in the word and God began to speak to him like never before. I had been praying for this for so long but somehow, I was still amazed at what God was doing. He got involved in a small church that I was unfamiliar with but he loved it and seemed to really be growing spiritually so I supported him. He has always had a very strong anointing on his life and its very obvious to everyone who is around him so within weeks he was part of the praise team and very quickly took on the role of the worship leader. In a few more weeks he was asked to lead the student ministry. I was very uneasy about this but he was 19 years old by this time so there wasn’t much I could do. I just knew that the bible talked very specifically about going into the ministry to early. I remember the first night I heard him preach, I was blown away! The anointing was even stronger than it was when he led worship! Over a two month span there was a 50% growth rate in the youth group and 12 kids had excepted Christ! So I thought maybe I had been worried for nothing. But it didn’t take long before the devil began trying to stop what God was doing. Jealousy began to rise up among some of the other young boys his age in the church and things started going down hill fast. Within a few weeks I could see the joy fading away. He began to dread spending time at the church and was constantly saying it was just to stressful to be there. He stopped spending so much time in the word and started spending his time with a girl instead. After about four months he resigned from his position and left the church. He got a job with my husband who is and iron worker and has very little time off to even go to church. When he is off, he claims he’s to tired. He has moved out of my house and has a very young girlfriend who sleeps over with him all the time. He was also just arrested for possession of alcohol by a minor. My heart breaks every day as I think about the amazing plans God has for his life. Now he has chosen to ignore Him and walk away from everything he knows to be true, for the second time. I wrestle with frustrations of loving him and being angry with him at the same time. As I read your blog today it reminded me of the promises that God has spoken to my heart over the years andthat no matter how hopeless things may look, there is ALWAYS hope in Christ Jesus! And through Him all things are possible! Today I am going to begin praying for my son like never before and I will not stop until I see him come back to Christ or until God takes me home! I know this was a little long and definitely more than one word but thank you for letting me share it! I am reminded today of Gods faithfulness and for the first time in a while I have hope again! Thank you and God bless you and your family!

• That is such a hard road Joy! You are such a wonderful mom to pray and encourage as you have. he will surely come back to the Lord and serve him faithfully. It is a spiritual battle and we have to fight against Satan’s schemes to devour our children through prayer. Lord we ask that you convict Joy’s son of sin, righteousness and Your judgment. Bring him back Lord, and this time for good! Lead him to a faithful Christian girl who will help him on this journey. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love and hugs, Sharon

199. Janice says:

Truth

200. Erma Cornell says:

SON!!!

201. protection

202. Jackie says:

Wisdom
    to share with my children through the different things they face in their lives

203. Melody says:

Relationships!

204. Catherine says:

Health

205. stedfastness

206. Karla H. says:

Thank you so much for allowing God to use you! Your post today blessed me tremendously. Prayer has been on my mind and heart for awhile now and Susanna Wesley’s story of faith and prayer is one of my favorites. As I’ve read over these replies I’ve found myself praying along with each one. Please pass the apron on to bless someone else, but know you’ve been a blessing to me! Love, Karla

207. Latrelle says:

fear

Daughter!

209. Lindsey Hislop says:

Hope.

210. Rebecca says:

Have always loved hearing the story of Suzanne Wesley’s apron and prayer time as it encourages me that is is possible to find time to spend w/ God.
    Prayers for my quiet time to be consistent, children’s protection and walk w/ The Lord.

211. Health

212. Peace

213. Praying for my son to return to Christ and that his marriage be restored for the sake of Christ and his two precious children. We pastor a small church and at 17 he began hanging out with a group of “outcast” kids. He always had a super strong relationship with the Lord. So much so that even if 99 people were going a specific way & he knew it to be wrong he would go the opposite way alone. He began bringing these kids to church and eventually met a young girl who was in deep emotional crisis. His relationship with her eventually lead to an unplanned pregnancy. He married her but never seemed to recover from his choice. His dad & I have done everything we know to do to help him. He eventually left his wife after another child was born and is now living with a lost girl and her son. I know prayer changes things….often the thing being the one who prays. I just keep trusting and standing on his word. Book recommendation: I recently found a book at a local Christian bookstore called “90 days of Prayers for the Prodigal” by J. Banks. I had been on a fast for 30 days when I purchased it. One of the things I had been frustrated with was feeling as though my prayers were becoming rather repetitious. This book has given me a scripture and relevant issue specifically to pray about each day. I feel like I have some renewed direction during my prayer time for him. Thank you for posting the blog. It was a God-send today! Sincerely, Julia Ganaway

214. Balance

215. My 3 daughters. :)

216. Family

217. Christy says:

Wisdom

218. Meagan johnson says:

Wisdom. :)

219. Lori Price says:

My prayer is for reconciliation in my marriage, but more than that. I desire reconciliation between my husband and The Lord. This is my heartfelt prayer!

220. The salvation of my oldest son. God is faithful.

221. Catherine says:

One word huh? I can’t. I wish it could all be one word, but it’s not. Direction. Unity. Peace like a balm for a weary soul. Wisdom. Compassion for grief. Provision for our homeless family of 6. Hope for a husband who finds himself on the sidelines of ministry. Service for this couple who have given their lives to serve, but find themselves at a loss on what or where to go next. Growth for our 4 teenagers. Healing for our bodies that are caving to the stress. Binding of a broken heart. Finances for a couple who haven’t found work (for a year and a half) and our savings/retirement will be gone when summer leaves. One word? Encouragement.
    *Susanna Wesley probably never imagined her life, a hard as it was, would be a comfort to this Missionary’s wife. Thank you for sharing her story.

• Dearest Catherine:
      We too were once missionaries raising 3 boys. We had to return stateside suddenly when I became extremely ill & my organs began to fail. It wasn’t planned & our return was shortly after several other missionaries out of our home church came home in moral failure. We felt like outcast, our permanent residence we had leased out & our renter refused to pay rent, no prospects for our future…well I’m sure you completely understand. After a season that felt like forever in a holding pattern, God opened an unusual door in the secular world that in turn positioned us for the next phase of ministry. We are currently going into our 16th year pastoring a non-denominational church state side in central Louisiana. I know where you are because I too have been there. Be anxious for nothing…our God is more than able to provide everything we stand in need of even before we ask. I will be praying for you and yours. May God bring others alongside to encourage you in this season. May you be still and know….We have a place here for missionaries and others like yourselves to rest and wait. If there’s anything we can do to assist please let me know. I really mean that! My private email is jganaway@cebridge.net or church website is http://www.christianlivingfellowship.org. Feel free to communicate with me. Be assured that I will be praying with you and for you. Wish you were here so I could give you a great big hug…and chocolate….LOL! With His Love, Julia Ganaway

• Catherine says:

Julia,
        Thank you! I know my concerns are not unique, but sometimes it can get very lonely in the midst of it all. Thank you for coming along side and being an encouragement. I will take you up on your email offer.
        Blessings to you.
        Catherine

• Thank you Julia!!! Hugs

222. Patricia says:

Transition, becoming a single mother, and finding a job that will give me enough salary to support myself and my son.

223. kareng says:

Reconciliation!
    Blessings and thank you!

224. Holly says:

Wisdom

225. Suzanne says:

I pray for my sister to conceive a healthy child , she has been trying for a couple years and had a miscarriage last year.

• And also says:

I shall add for you and your sister, my amen, and saying to have and to hold, said short person. In Goodness.

226. Stacy says:

Addiction

227. Heidi says:

Patience and Self Control

228. Hunger and thirst for God and His righteousness for everyone in our household.

229. Jen Dalena says:

Direction

230. Cheryl O'Neal says:

Compassion ..

231. Discernment

232. Jenn T says:

Step-mothering.
    I was blessed and married my amazing husband just 5 weeks ago! He came with a 6 year old son that we share half time with his mom. It’s a little harder than I thought, especially the part about growing a marriage while trying to gently correct 6 years of bad habits and permissive parenting on both sides.
    Your devotional has bolstered me to just take it to Jesus every day! He gave me a mama-heart and I will pray for Matthew like he was mine from the start!
    Praying along with you for all of the dear folks who’ve commented and shared their hearts!

233. Jane L says:

Discernment, patience and direction!

234. Mary Davidson says:

Husband

235. Chris B says:

wisdom

236. Brittanny Krause says:

I need prayer of healing physically (after my accident) and prayer of faith and patience to Trust in His timing and not my own.

237. Stacy S. says:

Confidence

238. My daughter, recently diagnosed with autism; my son who is struggling with his sister’s behaviors and my husband, who also leaves me for periods of time to take care of everything on my own. He also struggles to manage our finances. He gambles despite my opposition. I am also waiting to hear about my job status. Right now, I am not guaranteed employment in the fall. Please pray for us. It is only through the grace of God that I’ve been able to manage this situation. Thank you,

• Mari- was she diagnosed with full blown autism or on the spectrum like aspergers? There is a diet that helps some children with it. One of our daughters was ADHD and the same diet that cured her has helped many Autistic children. It’s worth trying, here is the link to my blog post about it-http://sharonglasgow.com/2012/06/diet-cured-daughters-adhd/. It’s a lot of work but you have nothing to lose in trying it. It’s the kind of thing you can’t do 95%, it’s either 100% or don’t do it. Years after us going this route I’ve learned SO much more. Like gluten and dairy sensitivity affects many of these kids too. If you are interested I would help you more, just email me Sharon@sharonglasgow.com.

Lord, this family needs radical answers and hope for the future. Restore and heal everything that has been broken in Jesus’ name, amen.
      Love and hugs, Sharon

• Thank you so much for your prayers! I will contact you by email. I prayed last night for The Lord to send me encouragement and help. Your writing provided me with much needed comfort.

Blessings,
        Mari

239. Denise says:

Children falling away from their Christian upbringing

240. Hi Sharon,
    Salvation – for my grandpa
    You and I are kindred spirits! I have a ministry/business called Throne of Grace, dedicated to equipping others to live and leave a legacy of prayer! Praying for my children is how the Lord led me to this ministry which has now expanded to include encouraging others to pray for their spouses, our military, graduates, pastors, sponsored children, those in challenging times, etc. I had a great-grandfather with a heart like Susanna Wesley’s. We have his prayers for the generations after him recorded in journals. His son, my grandfather, grew up in the church and knew the Truth, but in his adult life never walked with the Lord or led his children, including my father, to the Lord. My grandpa is now 90 years old and in his last days. I am praying for boldness in sharing the Gospel with him over and over until his last breath! He comes in and out of consciousness and can’t see very well and can hardly hear a thing, but I keep reminding myself that he doesn’t need to hear my voice – just the voice of the Shepherd! He has been receptive to the Gospel in recent years but I just don’t have assurance that he is saved!
    On a side note…the good news is that the woman my father married (my mom!) became a believer just after I was born and through her influence (and the prayers of my great-grandfather!), my whole immediate family, including my dad, has been saved!
    Thanks for your wonderful ministry and encouragement to pray BOLDLY for our children!
    Blessings in Christ,
    Molly

241. Gloria says:

Love for all!!! And protection for my boys and my husband from people that take advantage of his giving heart (even his own sisters and mother). Lord let him see right through them, let him be aware of their alterior motives. Or don’t let me see it for it hurts me. I don’t want to sound selfish, because I know it is right to give and help, the problem is that they don’t try to help themselves, they feel it is his obligation to provide for their wants.

242. Shellie says:

contentment

243. Son

244. Veronica says:

I am a former widow, now remarried. My husband is hard-working (though now retired as am I), but is not fully committed to the Lord. I pray that I will not be an obstacle to God working in his life. My former husband was a pastor, wholly sold-out to the Lord. I do not want to blame my husband Herb for not being Joe. That would not be fair. I also pray that I would have openings to testify to his children and grandchildren, none of whom are believers. My husband is upright and believes that God wants us not to take handouts and manage for ourselves. He is correct, to a point, but He also expects us to lean on Him and Herb has not as yet found that out. I pray that I would be the wife he needs and not get in the Lord’s way.

245. Tracy Hays says:

Harmony

246. Letty says:

Wow! Excellent post! God knows what prayer I need better than I do. I have had my confidence shaken, I am overwhelmed and I don’t know whether these are spiritual attacks to steer me from God’s path or if He is preparing me for a new direction.

247. all those who suffer from severe depression and mental illness. It grieves me down to the marrow and breaks my heart in a million shattered pieces. Their pain and the effort it takes for some to just navigate an hour, a day or even a lifetime, is incomprehensible to me, yet they persevere. Many are people of faith waiting even a lifetime for the hand of God to heal.

248. Katey says:

My son.

249. Lorraine Reich says:

Hopelessness

250. Cindy says:

Moms who would like to pray together can start or join a Moms In Prayer group. http://www.momsinprayer.org

251. Jinci says:

Children =)

252. Trust

253. Kendra says:

My marriage, children, & my own spiritual growth…

254. Family

255. Courtney says:

A servant’s heart.

256. Kristin Fenetz says:

Patience!!

257. Tiffany Clark says:

Prayer for an eternal perspective in the midst of daily routine

258. ENDURANCE

259. And also says:

So, maybe it is just me, but it seems like there are a lot of, things on here and the ones that I notice the most are for the childen, the SONS, which makes me think maybe it should be someone’s spot to pray for specific boys, just as it should be someone’s to be their helper/companion at some point. (Which also makes me think of how much it must take to build a Godly dude. Then, there seems to be a lot of people with temporary or uncertain employment. I wonder if there is some way people can build communities or something to help eachother, and support eachother, and meet needs together?

• Chrissie says:

Nice thought, someone specifically praying for the children, sons in particular. I am already praying for my four, Christine’s son; will add all our sons to this list. I have no daughters, but many nieces and nephews. So adding my nephews to a new prayer time list…anyone else wish to pick up praying for all the daughters/nieces? Blessings!

260. Michelle says:

Healing

I am a mum of 3 aged 6, 3 and 1. My husband has forgotten God and is fighting depression and anxiety and I have just lost my job pls pray for Gods will to be done and that I would be able to pray for mykids like susanna wesley…what an I inspiration! THANKS

262. Katie B says:

Peace

263. Delora says:

Faith

264. Alyssa says:

Commitment

265. Addiction

266. Dianne says:

Open hearts and servant hands.

267. Kristen M says:

Direction

268. Caralynn says:

For my children to return to their first love – Jesus . AND for the job that God wants me in!

269. I need an apron. Never owned one! What a great reminder of how my thots should go during lifes ever so changing circumstances. Thank You!

270. Shannon says:

Husband

271. strength

272. Patti says:

Thank you for your encouraging words! I pray for patience and strength.

273. God has been inviting me all summer to make prayer a more regular consistent thing in our home, this blog blessed me beyond words and I believe it was from the Lord for me to read. We need prayers for trusting the Lord to provide, much like Susanna. To be slow to speak and slow to become angry.

• God knows what we need when we need it! I’m thrilled that the blog ministered to you! Lord, provide for Liz and her family. Give them the resources they need to do what they need to do right now. Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs!

274. Jamie W says:

Self-Control

275. Caroline says:

Strength!!

276. Strength

277. Summarizing says:

A lot of the one word requests are for things covered in ‘the fruit of the Spirit’.

278. Sharon says:

We are studying prayer in our ladies Sunday School class. I think sharing the apron story and an apron would be such a wonderful tool in helping others.

279. Turning in my notice today. Husband and I are stepping out in faith for me to be a stay at home mom to our children. My flesh is nervous and scared while my spirit is confident. In doing this, we should have more bible time and prayer time so looking forward to this. I humbly ask for any prayers for this great calling.

280. Lauren says:

Perseverance

281. I’ve decided to give FOUR aprons away and will draw names on Wednesday!
    I’m going down all the comments and praying for each person individually. It has blessed me to pray for you. Love and hugs!

282. Love this post and your heart for prayer. Thank you for sharing both the joy and the sorrows of Susanna’s journey. We need to hear both. I have been contemplating the fullness of a life IN CHRIST with authenticity, which means we have to be able to share the transparent view at times, most times, so that we can reach into the very heart of the broken and apply the salve of love intended by mercy’s sacrifice. I didn’t know what my one word answer could be … words flow to easily when it comes to prayer requests. As I write I ask for prayers for authenticity. How can I pray for you? :) Colossians 1:9-11… May you be strengthened with His might, wisdom and glory unto all joyfullness bearing much fruit for the Kingdom. ~
    Dawn

283. Amie Moore says:

I am a mom of four and wife of a youth pastor. We, like others on this comment page, had given our sons to The Lord. Our oldest being called to preach in his teen years. He has turned to drugs and alchohol and ungodly living. He is a saved child of God , but lost in a dark world of the enemy’s blinders. What a wonderful devotion, that as i spend my quiet time with proverbs 31 every morning, to know my prayers may change history. such comfort! Thank you for your sweet and compassionate words! Please pray our sons chains will be broken and he will come back to Christ.thank you again!

• Lord, we cry out to you for Amie’s oldest son. Convict him of sin, righteousness and Your judgment. Bring him back to You Lord, radically obedient! Help him know that You love him no matter what Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs

284. Melanie says:

What an awesome & encouraging blog. Thank you Sharon. I am so thankful for Proverbs 31 Ministries and your faithfulness to share God’s word. It has made such a difference in my life. My need for prayer – Trust!

285. I, like Hannah and countless others, prayed specifically for my only child and daughter. I dedicated her to the Lord when only 3 months old. She is now 28, married but I, like you never miss a day to lift her and her husband up in prayer. Hebrews 10:35-36 are God’s words, delivered to me as well as Isaiah 42:16. How marvelous and faithful our Heavenly Father is! I would love to have a Prayer Apron as I can preserves and vegetables…another of God’s provision. Thank you for sharing!

286. Direction

I’ve been praying this prayer for a while now, I have 4 kids, 2 of my own, and 2 are my sister’s who I now have custody of. It rocked my world and I’ve been asking God for direction on where to go now that He allowed these huge changes to come along. Thanks for the encouragement of sharing Susanna’s story, I had never heard it before.

• Dawn R.Hurst-Stultz says:

Dear Mandi,
      I am a mother of 4, and now a nana to three boys. I don’t know why you now find yourself raising your sister’s two children. I wish you courage, peace, and much forbearance as you take on this “double” now job. I am praying for you.

287. Healing!

288. Please pray for my children…my older 2 have some serious heart issues and my husband and I are feeling overwhelmed about what we should be doing to help them see the light and to repent.

289. Stacey says:

This was a perfect devotional for me- I read it on vacation and saved it to re-read today. God is really showing me how I need to go to Him first instead of worrying. I pray for my three young children and my husband and that I would be a good role model as a follower and devoted Christian. And that my children will chase after the Lord.

290. Love

291. Wimberly says:

protection

thank you!

292. God’s assurance

293. Tiffany says:

Patience

294. This blog is a tremendous blessing to me, thanks!
    Prayers for safe travels for my son who is traveling home this week after working in another state for part of the summer.

295. Dianna says:

Addictions

296. ministry

297. A steadfast heart and mind set upon the things that matter.

298. Suzanne Wright says:

grace

299. Thank you so much for this post, I so needed it today. I need prayer for my two teenage kids, still living at home to find their way out of the world and back to God. For my mom who is living with my sister and who announced today that she will be seeking Power Of Attorney for her medical and financial stuff, which I have been doing. I placed it all at the feet of Jesus. I told her to go ahead, I’m tired of being antagonized by her, and I pray for Jesus to watch over my mom. I have forgiven all her horrible words, and actually feel peace in my heart….Thank you for your prayers…

300. Blair says:

Words.

301. Tamara says:

Peace

302. Vickie says:

Heart (to serve)

303. Deanna says:

**Serenity**

304. Melissa says:

For our precious oldest teenage daughter. Thank you
    so very much for your wonderful blog, it is a privilege and blessing
    for me to read and pray for our two precious daughters
    and others in need.

305. I pray for God’s protection and spiritual guidance and His will for each of my children and grandchildren every day. Please join me in this prayer for them. Thank you!

• Yes Lord, protect Telia’s children and grandchildren and lead them in paths of righteousness for Your name sake! Make them mighty in YOur name! In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs

• Telia, I will pray for you and your children and grandchildren, and ask that you please pray for mine. And together we say Amen!

306. Tammy Lovell says:

I am praying for all of us, as we struggle with fitting in in a new place. My husband had to take a new job, and we have moved across the country. My boys, who are high school age (one heading to college nearby in August), are struggling, and have in the past year abandoned their faith in God, which breaks our hearts. So, I have many reasons to be praying for them, that He will provide friends who love Him, that He will meet their needs, and relentlessly pursue them, despite their unfaithfulness.

307. Diligence

308. Trust

309. Leslie says:

Healing for my beloved husband.

• Chrissie says:

Praying for your husband, Leslie.

Dear Heavenly Father, please bring Leslie’s husband the healing he needs. I am so grateful you are the ‘Great Physician and have the healing each of us needs.

It is so hard, Lord, when our husband is ill, physically, spiritually, emotionally, or whatever manner they may need healing. Though we may be strong, we long for the security that our husband was meant to give. Thank you for being our strength even when our husband cannot fulfill that role.

We are grateful, Lord for all the love you have provided through our husband. For some of us, it may have been minutes, days, months, years, that we have had that love, but we recognize it was from you, every moment of it. We thank you, praise you that soon, we will be in your kingdom where we’ll never have any heartache ever again. In Thy name we praise and pray. Amen.

310. Please pray for my husband to begin to know Jesus. It is often hard for me to be bold in my faith when our beliefs are so different and also difficult often for our children. I see signs of prayers being anwsered, but this has still be a difficult road. Please pray for my son David who will be moving for college that he will meet other Christian and show God’s light.

311. SON!

312. Christa says:

Freedom.

313. Debbie says:

family

314. Alison says:

Courage

315. I have three bulging discs, a pinched nerve down left arm and spinal stenosis. I am only 28 I have three children and am married. My husband is not saved. I have no insurance and my husband is the only one working. My doctors and meds are costing more than we have and it’s causing a lot of tension between husband and I.

• together then says:

I shall pray with you.

Dear lord. Help Tami and her husband to find comfort in eachother’s presence or something. Look after her children. Help her each day. May it be that her husband learns to know you as a safe place/strong tower. Relieve some of the financial stress from this family and from him as he does what he can. Also help them to find a pain relieving, cost effective,and minimally invasive way to deal with these physical challenges. We know you are big enough to deal with this pinched nerve and everything else Lord. So be big, Because her arm is hurt, and Yours isn’t ever too short.
      Also maybe help them find a medical home, and good care givers too, who give then a range of options, like i think they tried to build the medical model in GJ. But even awesomer (if necessary), ’cause You’re You, the source of all awesomeness.

Amen.
      (Sorry if that sounds a little funny, might not be professional at this, internet praying for other people.)

Oh, and Dear God, provide for them and help them out, even though they don’t have insurance. Give them some way to deal with that. You can decide how. Amen.

• Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for praying with me. You don’t have to be professional at praying for it to mean so much for me! May God bless you for taking the time to pray over my situation

316. connie says:

family

317. I am a mom to four little girls (one of the reasons I feel a kinship with you) I am praying that I not. Only teach them about God’s love through words but demonstrate it with patience and grace to their sweet souls on a daily bsis. Especially praying the Lord can help me to not yell at them.

318. Chrissie says:

Blessings to those chosen to receive the aprons for prayer! May they bless you as you wear them, may your times in prayer be a blessing to both the ones you pray and intercede for and for yourself as well.

And for those that did not receive the aprons, may you find your own quiet place to pray and intercede. May you be blessed in your lives and may the blessings continue to ripple out to others.

Thank you for this time to share with one another, Sharon. We can see that there are many Prayer Warriors out there, we do not pray alone! God’s blessings upon each and every one who posted, those who only read the message, and the family, friends and loved ones you represent.

• Together then says:

Back at you. Though, I think since you posted, you kind of included yourself. Which is pretty cool.

• Chrissie says:

Maybe I did, lol. I do know that I am blessed so much. I live in a part of the world that has beautiful scenery, it is quiet save for the dogs that bark, I hear birds singing many days, or peaceful silence. I see the stars on a clear night, the air is good, trees and streams are nearby.

I have a church family that loves me, and that I love. I have the love of my husband, and he knows I love him. I love the Lord, and He has given me untold blessings, more than I can count, packed down, shaken together, running over. He’s given me many talents to share with others. I enjoy decent health, and when it isn’t so good, He’s given healing of body and mind.

I have much to be thankful for though like everyone, there are things that are wrong, things that only when the Lord returns will be righted. Still, I would rather have these and Him, than to have the whole world without Him. I pray that each one will find their ‘Joy in Jesus’. Thank you again, Sharon, for bringing us together through your words. May the Lord watch between me and thee, while we are absent one from another. :) Blessings!

319. Sabrina says:

My attitude, mainly toward my husband.

320. Patrice says:

I am a mom of five beautiful and wonderful children. I know I am very blessed. I am thankful for all five children and my husband. God has been so good to us. However, I have the desire for more children. I am 41 yrs. old. I still feel as if I am not done yet. I was told yrs. ago that God puts those desires in your heart. I feel like the desire for more children is from God. I want more children as well. My husband does too. I have had three miscarriages in the past. My last one was about a year ago. As my age goes up my chances for fertility seem to go down according to books. I get so discouraged, I find myself thinking maybe the desire in my heart is just me wanting more.

321. Asking for prayer for my 17 year old daughter, who has returned to a boyfriend, who had been abusive. We had a restraining order issued and a year has passed, and we found out this past weekend, the order is not valid anymore, and she has begun to see him again, has not been home for two days, and we don’t know where she is, she will not answer her phone, or respond to emails. Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know I am God” always comes to me. I know God will protect her, He is mighty and faithful, and hears our cries. My heart aches.
    Dearest Lord, protect our little girl, which you gave us to raise. I love you and thank you that You choose me to be her mother. Now I ask in faith, to give my husband and I strength for what is to come, we place our child in Your hands, you are mighty, merciful , gracious and loving. We will not allow the enemy to steal the joy we have in you or our faith. Lead us and guide us through this “dark valley”. In Jesus name, Amen

322. Lisa Hutchison says:

Brokenness

323. Linda Pendry says:

Peace in my family

324. thank you for your encouragement Sharon. I enjoy reading and being inspired and learning from your posts. I like the aprons, but I really like your gingham check shirt. Can I ask where you got it from? Thanks :)

325. Amma Bilson-Ogoe says:

Husband. what a coincidence that the prayer request I sent to P31 some months ago regarding my request for a husband and a father for my 3 children was answered by Sharon Glasgow and now I have come to your blog. I have been on my own for too long,struggling financially and watching my children grow up without a father. god bless you Sharon

326. Elizabeth Samandi says:

KEEP ON KEEPING ON
    In the 90s i was struck by a verse i had read repeatedly for years. ” …but to those who love and obey Me, I will bless their children’s children to thousands of generations” Ex 20:6b. I started praying for my children on my fingertips daily. Today they are standing in the Lord, but i discover the greater the challenge to pray for the challenges both to them and myself are increasing. It takes the grace of God for me to keep encouraging them not to give up. One said “…all my engagements begin with a dead end”. Unusual and prolonged disruptions bring near discouragements. I need to keep keeping on for His name sake. I know the battle is to shatter my/our testimony but God is faithful. I just want to keep keeping on in prayer. Please join me and pray for us.

327. family

Please pray for our two daughters, they once lived for God and now are both running from God. I know if we stay faithful to Him they will come back into the fold.

329. Barbara says:

Loved this article . . . We can never be in prayer enough <

330. Alexis says:

There is only one word!
    FAITH

331. debra smith says:

for healing in my family between my sons and my daughter . i pray for my sister and her hold famiily and special pray for her loss of a son and the loss of another to mental illness . i pray for forgivness between my sister and i for some amiss things that my have said to hurt her eventhough i may been right it not worte it my mom is 86 and i take care of her without any kind of help from my daughter and sister my son and i she is such a gife and i dont want them to have any regrets time and life is short and for me strenght guildance peasesthat i have where the lord want me and doing what he have me do my sons need the lord we have only the lord and our self to go thur thieses trail of life i hold on to weeping last a night but joy come in the morning daily this is my life . hope faith and wait on the lord .

332. debra smith says:

thank you for this outlet to have people praying for my family and i .i asks for prayer for god to restore all that i have loss my friend died in 2012 and i loss 2 incomes my security my home for the last 5 years my life change from being a addict to bring a child o god i loss a lot of family and friend i chose to follow god he chose me it been 5 years i m alive again today i have a voice thank you again i m not alone my prayer is not for me but my son s need a man or some one special person to come in their life and at the age of 22 – 24 need their father if he is willing to make a different and be a father my son j need to forgive him and others that have hurt him in the pass and let go of the pass my son james is alone mostly in his thinking suffer sometimes with adhd please pray for a mother that love her kids , just a word of wisdom sometimes you can not make up for loss time and for not being there for your kids but if you are bless to have a lasts chance do not blow it. to make a different or correct if you are a mother father human being sister brother or friend iit is never to late god grant me the serenity to except the things i can not change and change the things i can and the wisdom to know the different call someone and tell them i love you

333. Diane says:

She has always been an inspiration to me,even more now that I have learned even more about her life. Thank-you!

334. Debt

335. Dodon says:

pray 4 me and my family. 4 having consistency following Jesus.

336. Elizabeth says:

I pray for my cousin’s teenaged son who is in California working as a volunteer and being mentored at a Christian retreat that is also a self-sustained farm. I also pray for the health of my parents and my extended family who have a wide variety of health concerns. I am also praying for guidance in my life.

337. Laura Garrett says:

For the hearts & minds of God’s people to dig deeper into God & His Word, to become lovers & esteemers of the Word. For God’s people to go out and make disciples of all men, not just converts. For the lost to be changed, saved, healed, etc. For God’s protection & will do be done today, with all that is going on in the world today. For the nation’s leaders to be leaders, leaders in the things of God and and leading their nations in the things of God.

338. Alaina says:

Life

339. Michelle says:

patience

340. Denise says:

Strength

341. lne Thelma Ako says:

I prayer that i will be able to find a balance doing all that d Lord has entrusted in my hand. Especially to consistently get back to connect with my father in my daily devotions and prayer ,that at last l leave behind a Godly heritage for my Children and family in Jesus name i pray; Amen.