Rachael and Jonathan’s Whimsical Vintage Barn Wedding!

Fireworks and sparkler's sent them off!

Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Curry-the sparkler send off!

'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

On May 18, 2013 Jonathan and Rachael were married. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” Matthew 19:4-6

Bridal Party

Bridal Party

Front: Dale, Sharon, Rachael, Jonathan, Hannah, Ellie Back: Heather and Jennifer

The Glasgow Family

The Curry Family

The Curry Family

Rachael and her bridesmaids (sisters and and best friend)

Rachael and her bridesmaids

Jonathan with his Groomsmen

Jonathan with his Groomsmen

Jonathan Rachael- black and white dancing

The wedding favors-Homemade jewel shaped truffles-YUM! Recipe and directions to come

The wedding favors-Homemade jewel(treasure) shaped truffles-YUM! Rachael and I made truffles for DAYS!

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.” Matthew 13:44

Homemade marshmallows coated in organic coconut held each name written in gold

Homemade marshmallows coated in  coconut held each name written in gold- The china plate is from the  complete set we bought at an antique store for $20. Dishes used at wedding were from our family collection and from thrift stores

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

Vintage dollies starched like great grandma used to do-hung all over barn on twine- Recipe and directions here.

We starched vintage dolies just like great grandma used to do and hung all over barn on twine

Table numbers- the frames are from thrift stores. No more than a dollar a piece- Rachael designed and printed the numbers inside the frrames

Table numbers- the frames are from thrift stores. No more than a dollar each- Rachael designed and printed the numbers inside the frames

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

Table runners- Bought bolt of sheer fabric- cut to size of each table and  dyed them warm pink. Clothe napkins- bought white and dyed them warm pink Books on tables- Antique books from our collection sat on each table. Rachael did have to acquire some additional ones- which she got for free at a couple of estate sales!

Table runners- Bought bolt of sheer fabric- cut to size of each table and dyed them warm pink.
Clothe napkins- bought white and dyed them warm pink
Books on tables- Antique books from our collection sat on each table. Rachael  acquired additional ones  free at estate sale!

Flowers- we bought the flowers at various places and our friend Beverly put the bouquets and arrangements together at the barn on wedding day w/ help of Hannah

Rachael designed the delicious menu

Rachael designed this framed piece that announces the reception menu

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

All the food was prepared and made on the farm--except for the chicken. We prepared the stuffed chicken and our friend Jose grilled it for us

All the food was prepared and made on the farm–except for the chicken. We prepared the stuffed chicken here and  our friend Jose grilled it for us

Vintage China arch with hanging tea cups

Vintage China arch with hanging tea cups

Wedding cake- made by our friend and artist Beverly Toves!

Wedding cake- made by our friend and artist Beverly Toves!

Dale and Rachael made these tea cup light fixtures- Typically mason jar light fixtures hang in barn. Rachael wanted a sophisticated barn wedding so she bought these fixtures for $6 each, painted them white, drilled holes in bottoms of yard sale tea cups and wired them!

Dale and Rachael made these tea cup light fixtures- Typically mason jar light fixtures hang in barn. Rachael wanted a sophisticated barn wedding so she bought these fixtures for $6 each, painted them white, drilled holes in bottoms of yard sale tea cups (25 cent each) and wired them!

Our kitchen--a lot of creating took place here!

Our kitchen–a lot of creating took place here!

Each of our daughters made and myself made deserts- This one is a 5 layer gluten free cake with buttercream frosting

Each of our daughters and myself made deserts- This one is a 5 layer gluten free cake with buttercream frosting

Rachael Jonathan Curry wedding 51813 Morinda Moore photo1Rachael Jonathan Curry wedding 51813 Morinda Moore photo7View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

The first dance

The first dance

The fullness of celebrating with friends and family

The fullness of celebrating with friends and family- this friend came  from Canada for the wedding

Vintage cast iron tub used for salad bar

Vintage cast iron tub used for salad bar

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

Barbara Curry mother of the groom in center with pink dress onView More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

Father of bride dance

Father of bride dance

It was a magical night

It was a magical night

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachaelView More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

View More: http://pinwheelcollective.pass.us/jonathan-rachael

Fireworks remind me of the throne room of Heaven. Revelation 4 says that from the throne proceeds lightening's, thundering's and the sound of many voices. Seven lamps of fire burn before the throne. The four living creatures around the throne never tire but every second get a new revelation of the glory of the Lord and day and night never rest saying, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

The spectacular lights and sounds of fireworks  remind me of the throne room of Heaven.  Revelation 4 says that from the throne proceeds lightenings, thunderings and the sound of voices. Seven lamps of fire burn before the throne. The four living creatures around the throne never tire but every second get a new revelation of the glory of the Lord and day and night never rest saying, “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”

Fireworks and sparkler's sent them off!

Conclusion to a perfect wedding day! The sparkler send off!

Comments

1. Tracey Beukes says:

Congratulations Sharon!! So you’ve managed to make me cry as I went through the pics. They’re absolutely beautiful!! It really was a perfect day for Rachel and Jonathan. God’s richest blessing on their marriage, and your family. I’m at work and a colleague passes my desk and wants to know who all these people are? (I sit in an open-plan office.) You must have been tired after all this entertaining. Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us Sharon. You’re truly special!! God bless!!

2. Beautiful!!!!! congrats!!!

3. Latosha says:

Sharon, I agree everything was just so beautiful. I love the theme and all the pastel colors and the sparklers and food. Aah, I felt as if I were there to enjoy Jonathan and Rachael’s special day. Thank you so much for sharing and blessings to you and to your family. (-:

4. Oh My Goodness!!! What a beautiful wedding! I love all the vintage touches you did in the barn..alot of work, but soooo worth it, I am sure! Absolutely stunning!! Congrats to the happy couple!

5. Linda Kreitz says:

Overwhelmed with the creativity!!! Thanks for sharing their day with us!

6. Lisa Jones says:

Sharon and Rachael – this wedding is exactly how I would have pictured one you all would have – congrats to you Rachael. Sharon honey – I miss you!!!!!!!

7. Deena Kramer says:

Oh my what a beautiful wedding! You and your family did an awesome job with everything! (I like how you even got your husband involved with the light fixtures!)

8. Wow Sharon, thank you for sharing!! What a beautiful wedding, love the personal look and feel! My daughter is only 8 but perhaps we should start preparing our barn now!! 🙂 Obviously God blessed their wedding, asking Him to do the same in their marriage!!

9. Lori Fitzgald says:

Sharon — the creativity of every member of your family is incredible!! I just can’t get over the beauty that you make from ‘found’ items!! Having attended what I believe was your first barn wedding, which was absolutely lovely with it’s simple beauty, I am amazed at how much more artistry has been added to this stunning venue!! God given talent abounds with the Glasgows’!! Congratulations to everyone!! (btw – wasn’t beautiful Rachel just in our 6th grade SS class?! My how time truly flies!)

What an awesome day. You are so creative. Your handiwork will add to the wonderful memories for years to come. I pray God’s blessings over the newly weds and your family.

11. Rachel Moberley says:

SO beautiful Sharon, Dale, and Rachael!! Glamorous, elegant, creative. Yum! 🙂 Congratulations!!!

12. What a beautiful wedding!!!

13. Thank you for sharing Rachael and Jonathan’s wedding day (and your previous posts on how God brought them together.) Such a beautiful start to their future together. I know this wedding day will continue to bring precious memories to y’all! God’s blessings on this sweet couple.

14. Thank you. You have no idea the delight this post has brought to my weary heart tonight. So beautiful. I think that “sparkler” pic needs to be framed and hung. It would make the most precious wedding greeting card as well. I love it!!!

Everything about the wedding takes my breath away. I love the elegance, the simplicity, the “gentleness”, the joy, the love, the tradition. Thank you for allowing us the glimpse into such a treasured moment. May the Lord bless and keep Rachael and Jonathan and may their love for Him and one another continue to grow.

As a side note, I know that Elaine Rutherford was in attendance. My understanding is that Barbara is a cousin to Elaine…and therefore a cousin to Lois (my Christopher’s girlfriend’s mom). I look forward to hearing more about the wedding through Lois via Elaine.

The family picture is beautiful as well. Lifting you each up in prayer right now. Thank you for your genuine example of Christ’s love.
    Hugs,

• Thank you Joy! That’s a great idea, I think I will frame that one!! I wish you could have been here to celebrate with us! I’m praying for you, your dad and your family! I love you.

• Thanks Sharon. Stephanie just pointed out to me that Elaine is actually in the dance pic below the cookie pic 🙂

Thanks for praying for dad too. He came through the surgery but is currently struggling with an irregular heartbeat. Continuing to pray.
        Sending love your way too,

15. Linda Surles says:

Hi Sharon,

Was the wedding at Zoan Baptist Church on Route 3? I think I recognize it. My parents were married there in August 1953. I spent many Sundays there as a child when we’d spend weekends at my maternal grandparents’ farm. So many wonderful memories.

Best wishes to the newlyweds!
    Linda

16. Truly too beautiful for words!!!!! No wonder so many weddings in that barn!!! AMAZING. Blessed be the bride and groom all the days of their new life together.

17. Barbara Curry says:

Sharon- You did an awesome job putting these pictures together! I so enjoyed reliving that wonderful day! You all worked so hard to make it such a special day. I love to keep coming back and looking at the pictures. Rachael was absolutely gorgeous and Jonathan looked mighty handsome. I just love those 2 so much. It will be exciting to see how the Lord uses them in the coming years in His kingdom. Love you! Barbara

• Thank you Barbara! I agree with you they were both radiant and I know God is going to do even greater things in them in the coming days! I love you–we are so blessed!!!

18. Random observation says:

I’m so like, happy that wedding favors in this case have significance / explaination.

I get vey confused by bubbles, they pop, and dissappear, Good for kids though.

19. What an absolutely beautiful wedding! The creativity is amazing and it looks like it was just soooo worth the added work to make the special day! Congratulations to Rachael & Jonathan!
    May the Lord bless you two with a joyful, loving, peaceful and happy life together forever. Surround them Lord with Your hedge of protection and keep them ever in Your will and Your Word. Fill their lives with all Your special blessings and bind them together with Your love O Lord! In Jesus name Amen

20. This wedding is stunning! Such a dream! What is this venue? I’m getting married in November and am looking for something EXACTLY like it 🙂