Seared Scallops over Sautéed Vegetables- Serves 2
Scallops are acid forming, the veggies are ALL alkaline forming and the butter is neutral. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots. Sliced mango on the side to get the correct alkaline proportion.
8 oz sea scallops- pat dry
1 large zucchini- julienned
1 large carrot- julienned
1/2 red onion sliced
3 garlic cloves- sliced
1/2 cup chopped steamed kale
fresh herbs to taste
- Fry onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter- take off stove then set aside in a bowl
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in pan and then add zucchini and carrot. Sauté 3-4 mins. Take off heat and add to onions and garlic. Add steamed kale to it all and stir.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to frying pan, turn heat up to high. When sizzling add the patted dry scallops. Fry for 3-4 minutes without turning. Flip and cook on other side the same. Season with seasoned salt. Take off heat.
4. Reheat veggies before serving. Add scallops on top of veggies.
Served with large helping of broccoli and carrots and a side of fresh mango.
Alkaline (forming) Cookies
To maintain a healthy alkaline balance, we should eat 75-80% alkaline forming foods and 20-25-% healthy acid forming foods. In this recipe the egg, vanilla and walnuts are healthy acid forming, the clarified butter or coconut oil are neutral and, the baking soda, raw honey, almond flour, coconut and raisons are alkaline.
4 tablespoons clarified butter or extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup Sucanat or raw honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 baking soda
2 1/2 cups Wellbee’s almond flour
1/2 cup fresh shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisons
- Beat egg, oil, vanilla and baking soda- set aside
- Mix Sucanat, almond flour, coconut, walnuts and raisons
- Mix liquid mixture into dry.
- Form into balls
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until done at 350 degrees
Winners of drawing for the alkaline strip kit and Alkaline/Acid book are: