The Honeymoon Life

Neil and Michele McQuire married in our barn 2 months ago. If you’re joining me from Proverbs 31 devotions, welcome!

We live on a farm and have weddings in our barn, every weekend!  Marriage, love, weddings and honeymoon conversations are our life!

True love  on a wedding day  is breathtaking, but what’s more breathtaking-is true love after babies, sleepless nights and hard days turned into years.

Many couples struggle to keep their marriage aflame. Many wives tell me they have no interest in lovemaking, that romance isn’t alive in their marriage anymore. I say to them this, don’t allow that mindset for one second. We don’t want our spouse to look for other things to fulfill what only should be fulfilled by us.

It wasn’t always easy for me either, trust me. I struggled when our children were small and demands were constant.  But one day–everything changed. My mindset shifted.It was the day I decided to live The Honeymoon Life, it transformed our marriage.

It all started when this woman  told me the tragic end to her love story.  When she and her husband married, they couldn’t afford a honeymoon. Kids came and the money to do something special together just never seemed to be there. Her husband worked all the time, so for years she dreamed and planned for the trip she longed for with him—the perfect honeymoon.

When their last child was leaving for college, they finally set up their honeymoon trip. But something awful happened right before they were ready to leave. Her husband was tragically killed in a car accident. Her dreams were shattered.

With a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, I stood by her feeling helpless to offer the right words. All I could say was, “I’m so sorry.”

Her story affected me deeply. Although my husband was still alive, I didn’t have the honeymoon of my dreams either.My heart sank as she told me the tragic end to her love story.

I didn’t want to pin my hopes on a fancy trip any more.

On that day I decided to live every day as if it were my honeymoon. Rather than a honeymoon trip, I wanted The Honeymoon Life.

I looked for ways to turn ordinary places into exotic destinations. I decided that lovemaking would be relished and not just endured.

We live on a farm with open fields and woods. The possibilities became endless for exotic destinations.

No trip around the world, no lavish hotel, nor any gourmet dish could have competed with that field, the picnic dinners and the way God changed my perspective.

From that day on, I chose the honeymoon life. Not just dreaming of it but living it every day. I’ve set my heart to cherish the simple things, like making my husband’s favorite foods and eating ALL meals together, going to bed at the same time, reading and praying together. Even mundane trips to the store together.

We’ve been living the honeymoon life for 21 years now and have been married for 36. Everything changed the day I made up my mind to live The Honeymoon Life. Last week at one of our weddings a couple saw us running in the rain together with arms locked. When we got to the barn they said, “You two look like you’re the newly weds!” Funny thing is, we feel that we are!

Ask God to help rekindle passion in your marriage, ask Him to help you have desire. Ask Him to take all hindrances away. Once you decide to change your mindset and start making plans for your adventures- desire will come, and The Honeymoon Life will begin.

My husband and I are officially going on our first honeymoon trip to Europe this August!

Past posts on marriage:

Marriage is Like Farming

Marriage’s Greatest Enemy

A Wrecked Marriage Saved over Lunch

P31_gift

My dear friend, Sharon Jaynes wrote this 14 Day Romance Challenge. You can order it through Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Would you like for me to pray for your marriage? Do you desire The Honeymoon Life?  Leave your name in the comment section. I’ll pray for you, and it will enter your name in a drawing to win this Romance Gift Set.

Dear Lord, give me the ability to live the honeymoon life with my husband. Help me to stop focusing on the what if’s of the future and to start focusing on loving to the fullest today. Help me not to have any regrets of how I’ve lived out my married life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Comments

1. R. Foster says:

Thank you for this reminder.

2. Lena

3. Brenda says:

Hi Sharon! Wonderful words of wisdom. I’m so happy for your upcoming honeymoon!! I will be praying for you both.

4. My husband and I have been married for 5 1/2 years today. Much of that time has been spent apart due to some difficult, but unavoidable circumstances. He is home to stay now, but coping with severe PTSD and serious physical health issues. God is good, and gives us both strength in facing the challenges, but I have felt a shift away from intimacy and passion between us, and have been praying for God’s renewal in this area. Today’s post here was a much-needed, wonderful reminder of things I can do to prepare myself to engage wholly in the work God is doing in my marriage. Thank you!

5. Rhonda says:

Rhonda

6. Monica A says:

What a great message. I pray that I will desire my husband after almost 17 years of marriage.

7. SallyAnn says:

We have been married for 34 years and I need to change things before it’s too late. Please pray for our marriage. We used to act so differently towards each other. There are too many issues to list here, but God knows what they are.

Thank you and God bless you.

8. Mary Camille says:

My husband and I have been together for
    almost 30 yeard I would love for you to pray for
    both of us, I desire for both of us to have the
    Honeymoon life!
    To walk in obedience to our Lord as a couple
    before it’s too late, for our love to grow for
    each other as the Lords wants us to be. Thank you

9. Carol Joy Collins says:

thank you as you have made me realize that gratitude of having a good husband and the we should live the HONEYMOON LIFE EACH DAY and not just dream of is do it

10. Angela Altizer says:

Angie

11. Crystal says:

I defined this. I was just lamenting to myself this morning that we have basically turned into roommates. 🙁

12. Romance needs to be sparked…

13. Marik says:

Thank you. You are so right. But also as I was reading about your experience I was thinking about mine- what to do when he does have time and sees the needs (what I would need help in getting fixed, etc) but still stays uninvolved and maybe even oblivious. It’s very hard to keep up the chin and not grow critical, although I’ve tried.
    But I still agree- we should not cover for others but treasure what God has blessed us with 🙂

14. Peggy says:

Peggy
    Thank you for this, it spoke!!!

15. Sarah Liddy says:

My name is Sarah Liddy. I too long for a marriage honeymoon life.
    Thank you for this reminder.

16. Kerri says:

I’m a struggling quite a bit with finding joy and contentment in my marriage. Last year I discovered that my husband had been having a 2 year emotional affair with a much younger woman, and I was devastated. We have been working toward reconciliation and trying to rebuild our marriage, but it has not been easy at all. We could really use some prayer.

17. Sami

18. Danielle says:

I love this idea! Please pray for me, Danielle.

19. Thank you for this devotion!

20. Alyssa says:

Alyssa

21. Julie says:

Julie and Dean – thank you for your prayers ?

22. Carla Allen says:

Thank you! Loved this. Truly spoke to my heart.
    Carla

23. I know it always starts with me but I need Gods help. Thank you ?

24. Cristy Magsino says:

Thank you so much for this email. Please pray for me that I will apply what I have read today.

25. Connie says:

What a blessing to read your words this
    Morning. They truly opened my eyes !
    I see that many women have the same
    Problem. Mine is no different and even
    Devastating then most. But faith, and love
    For my family keeps me going. I know
    Turning to God and putting trust in him
    Has helped me with my struggles.
    Thank you for helping me to see what my
    Next steps should be !
    God Bless
    Connie S

26. Debbi LoCascio says:

I so enjoyed reading your piece. It made me think – we have been married for 45 years and are very close, but need to live the ” Honeymoon Life”. We both retired in the last few years and moved to S.C. to the “beach” where we want to spend the rest of our days. I have a chronic illness which slows me down some, but have a wonderful hubby who makes life easy for me. The Lord gave us another blessing (meant literally) our Grandaughter, Makayla to raise. We have had her since she was two and she is now ten. We adopted her last year. She keeps us pretty busy! So, if you can say a prayer for us – we need it.

27. Elsie says:

Wow this is awesome. To me being married is choosing us and finding joy each day amongst trials ,and challenges that can that come even daily at times. I do try with the Lord’s help to find something good or a ” silver lining” each day even though it might be something small or very simple. My husband and I made a pact several months after we were first married several months to always settle everything before we go to bed – Ephesians 4: 26 b – 27 ” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.” At first it wasn’t easy and can still be difficult at times. The good news is as we say is by God’s grace we will be celebrating our 44th anniversary on Monday. My husband also says that ” everything looks better in the morning – Lamentations 3:23 “Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.” Have a wonderful and blessed honeymoon and also safe travels. Enjoy each day to its fullest – John 10:10 b ” My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”

28. Bev
    We’re in desperate need of a change like this. We just had our 22 anniversary. What makes it harder is my husband has walked away from God. Thank you for the prayers.

29. Sarah says:

Thanks for the reminder this morning. Our 9 year anniversary is this month. I’ve been having troubke finding contentment as a new stay at home mom with a drastic decrease in our finances and the lack of funds to ‘make me happy’. I have a servant husband and he does everything he can when he gets home from work to help me. I am focusing on finding contentment in being grateful for what the Lord already has trusted me with and not the things I can buy to make me happy.

30. Sara Brooke says:

I needed this! Please pray for my marriage.

31. Carrie says:

The Lord knew my heart REALLY REALLY needed this today!

32. Laurie says:

Like many of the women commenting here, my marriage could use a lot of prayer. I feel guilty for even thinking that, but I must face the truth. Since I know changing my attitude will help, I must start today with God’s help! I must stop trying to change my husband! Thanks for your timely message 🙂

33. Sue
    We’ve been married for 25 years and are struggling now. Sickness and family matters have created a wedge between us. I so want my honeymoon life back . Thank you in advance for your prayers

34. Kristy says:

Thank you for this. Kristy

35. Melanie Shanks says:

Thank you for sharing that story and what you have done. I appreciate all prayers. I’m struggling now in our marriage, but will pray for my heart to be changed.

36. Sarah Cate says:

Sarah…..and thank you for your thoughts and insight.

37. Annmarie Kampf says:

Annmarie

38. Thanks for the devotion and the reminder to not “covet” never thought of it like that although I do have those thought here and there.

39. Maritza says:

Hi Sharon! I’m joining from Proverbs31 Encouragement today and just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed your blog. This May 30th my husband and I will celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary and though marriage can be tough,there can be many “rocky roads”to walk, I could never have imagined all the wonderful things God had in store for us.Your article reminded me of how much I love my husband and how lucky I am to have him. Thank you!

40. Please pray for my marriage. We have only been married 2 1/2 years but our spark has been gone for a while. Please pray we can get it back!

41. Sharon, we had our 21st Anniversary yesterday (May 18th). I always think God’s timing is incredible. Thank you for this post. Please pray for my marriage. Tami

42. Amanda says:

I desire the honeymoon life with my husband. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
    Amanda

43. Tiffany says:

I love this reminder but it feels impossible. My husband and I have been married 10 years and have 2 young kids. Our interactions feel more like those that you’d have with a roommate or a business partner than with a spouse. I pray constantly that God would help me to see him as He sees him and that I would have a strong desire for my husband. But my husband continues to be cold and distant and I just can’t seem to work up a desire to be intimate with him after a long day of life. I will keep on praying!

44. Lauren says:

God led me to this article today! The past week has been especially hard for us-we have a nine month old son and feel like we just don’t get time together anymore. On top of that, I’ve been struggling to forgive my husband for some mistakes he has made in our short four years, so the time we do get together once our son goes to bed has been tense, working through emotions and trying to love despite not feeling attracted. Despite all of this, we long to glorify God in our marriage, so we are working through things-it’s just wearisome. I am so blessed by hearing your story about living the Honeymoon Life and hope to start living the same way! When we were engaged we danced in the rain! I want that passion back! Please pray for us and may God bless your ministry 🙂

45. Nicole says:

Thanks for this reminder! And the p31 devotion about not wishing your husband acted like someone else’s. Need to remember that every person is created uniquely and beautifully.

46. Janice says:

What a great reminder this morning. I really needed this. Please pray for our marriage! I want to live the Honeymoon Life! I have been praying for this for the past few months and this devotional gave me hope to not stop praying and gave me a different way to look at things. Thank YOU!!

47. Amanda Aceves says:

Thank you for this message. God knew I needed this and His timing is best. I have been married for 8 years, didn’t go on a honeymoon, tend to compare, and have bitterness. Thank you for this message. I hope to read this book with a friend during summer as our bible study just ended and we’re looking for a book to read. Thank you for being open and honest and sharing how to live Gods way.. May God bless you.

48. Debbie herbst says:

Thank you so much!Today is our 27th wedding anniversary! What important reminders about my perspective, coveting and contentment. Tremendous reminder to make the most of every day. Truly c God’s design that this was the Proverbs 31 devoted TODAY.

49. S. Marie says:

What a message…wow. It’s amazing to think how quickly the negative mindset can happen– even just a few years after the wedding. Especially when there are unexplained hardships to be endured such as infertility. Appreciate your prayers.

50. Jennifer Schubert says:

Thank you so much for this reminder. Jennifer

51. Allison says:

I love the idea of living a honeymoon life! The romance in our marriage is definitely dim, and finding ways to rekindle it are so tough! And how hard it is to resist resentment when it feels sometimes that my husband has just gone into “hibernate mode” and isn’t really living our life anymore. I would dearly love prayer for my marriage and my mindset! Thank you for your stories. Just what I needed!

52. Nikki says:

I’m sitting here thanking the Lord for this email. God is always showing me his realness and answering my prayers. My husband and i have been married for 19 years this year and have 4 children. Our life has been caught up in being busy with children, work and less focused on our marriage. I homeschool all our children and cherish every moment even when it gets hard. My husband and i sit and talk and dream but never make action to those thoughts. This blog changed my thought process to make everyday a dream and live life together daily with contentment with what we have and share with each other daily. Take a time out and live a honeymoon marriage everyday. I’m making a promise today to make everyday special for us when he comes home and not have expectations of him. My prayer is that i will love him, be content with our marriage and cherish every moment as if it were our last. Thanks for sharing. Please pray for us.

53. Erika Crawford says:

Erika

54. Hi, Sharon!

We celebrated our 21st anniversary last week. I can relate so much to you! My husband is a lot like your Dale, working such long hours at his business plus being a search and rescue worker. Our marriage could use prayer. We are in that transition stage where our daughters are leaving the nest (one attending college and the other soon to be a high school senior.) We have a 10 year old son.

I am enjoying your blog very much!
    Julie

55. Maritza says:

Hi Sharon! I’m joining from Proverbs31 Encouragement today and just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed your blog. This May 30th my husband and I will celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary and though marriage can be tough,there can be many “rocky roads”to walk, I could never have imagined all the wonderful things God had in store for us along the way. From reading your blog I was reminded of an advice our pastor gave our congregation on keeping marriage pure…” the grass is always greener on the other side”. He was teaching us not to find contentment outside of the marriage vows and to keep the marriage pure. My husband and I have gone through many trials together but God has helped us through each one. We have grown together and have learned to cherish each other.Your article reminded me of how much I love my husband and how lucky I am to have him. Thank you and God bless! Hope you have a wonderful trip to Europe!

56. De. Thank you!

57. Thank you for this reminder, and thank you for the prayers! Sadie

58. Becky J says:

What a refreshing word, that is much needed- we will be celebrating 26 years this summer and I fear we have allowed our children’s interests and such to take priority and we need to refocus on our marriage- tomorrow our son moves an hour and a half away to his own apartment and starts his job Monday- he graduated from college last week- my Momma heart has been so sensitive and my husband and I have been feeling the stress!! We need to make our marriage a priority! Thanks friend for the encouragement!

• You’re so welcome, Becky! May the Lord bless your marriage!
      Lord, rekindle strong passion in Becky’s marriage, help them to become newly weds again! In Jesus’ Name, Amen

59. Alicia Baldwin-Evans says:

Thank you, Sharon, for this amazing perspective! My husband and I have been married nearly 7 years, and the flame went out a long time ago. There is still a spark, but it rarely flares. I love my husband, and I know that he loves me, but there is a profound distance between us. Please pray for us. Thank you!

60. Emily m says:

Emily

61. Pray for me that I will Love my husband as I should. Sometimes I don’t pay much attention to him and do other things. I know this is wrong, but I seem to keep doing it. There are other things too, but I don’t want to make it public.

62. Zorata Pierson says:

This is excellent for all brides, new and seasoned! Zorata

63. I’m guilty of spending too much time not appreciating what my husband brings to our marriage. We’ve recently come back together to work on saving our marriage. Winning the gift set would be a blessing to my heart. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Gayna

64. Margaret says:

Celebrating 25 years this year, but the last few have been rough. Financial stress, health and job loss have put the relationship on the back burner. Love your simple reminder and story above. Thank you.

65. Elizabeth says:

Prayers for my marriage. Elizabeth

66. Jamie M

67. Thank you for this post. My husband and I have been married 10 years this December and through chronic illness, multiple miscarriages, financial and family troubles, loss, etc., we’ve lost our spark. Please pray that we can get it back. I want the honeymoon life for us.

Thank you and God bless!

68. c rogers says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sharon. I love when you guest write for Proverbs 31! I love my husband and am often thankful for him. But, your posts are yet another great reminder of how very fortunate I am that we love each still after 20 years…and help me think proactively of what else I need to fix in my perspective or how else I can show that he means the world to me. Thanks again!

69. Jennifer says:

Thank you for praying for my husband and me. I’m praying for your marriage as well. My name is Jennifer.

70. Joanna Kearns says:

It would be a god send to win this we are still going through soo much real suffering and trials please help something AMAZING happen to us ! thanks for the chance Joanna Kearns

71. My husband and I have been married almost 19 years. We have 2 children and we are very involved in their lives. I love my husband and I know he loves me, but we have put our marriage on hold and give our all to the kids. Sooner rather than later, I know the kids will be out of the house and it’ll just be us, 2 strangers really. I miss my hubby, our intimacy has suffered greatly as well.

72. Heather Christon says:

I needed to read this! Honeymoon life and sweet puppy love! We really need a date night. We have only been out once since our baby was born.

73. Amy Dowty says:

Amy and my husband’s name is Doug.

Please pray for me and my husband. my name is Sharon and my husband’s name is Leroy. we are really struggling right now. but I am trusting God to deliver us from this difficult time

75. Lya Lin says:

Thank you for this post(devotional) so timely when my family is going through many relationship challenges! I see my brother, dad and even my husband undergoing, each of them, into their specific struggles because of bitter, wrong choices made and harsh consequences. As sister, daughter and wife, I know the weaknesses they don’t often admit and I pray they can overcome their obstacles. Thank you for your prayers. I am grateful for them.Love, Lya Lin.

76. Laura Wright Smith says:

I am certain this email did not find me by mere coincidence. I have nearly lost all hope that my marriage can ever be restored much less be an eternal honeymoon. I’m certain, however, that with God ALL things are possible. I came very close to walking away several years ago but God. He is the ONLY thing that has kept me here. Over the past 5-6 years, I have walked through biblical forgiveness and can say the Lord has undeniably changed my perspective. Now I just have to wait and hope and pray He changes my husband’s as well. I do not ask many people to pray for us because I know that not everyone is truly who they say they are, nor do their prayers actually touch the Father’s heart. But I am asking you, Sharon. I remember when you were the President of the P31 Ministries and you stepped away to follow the Lord’s leading. Seems He had your marriage in mind and I can only imagine that it changed everything. I too am at that place. I believe the Lord wants me to give up my dreams so that I can come along side my husband and help make His come true. This is hard for me as I have always wanted to earn my B.A. degree. The Lord has let me go to college and if He wills I will graduate in December of this year. I desire only to please Him. I believe my hopes and dreams are safe in His hands. I just want to be certain this is what He wants. Thank you for lifting us up to the Lord! Sweet Blessings!

77. I am thankful for your words of encouragement. My only thought is how do you apply this message to someone who is in an abusive marriage. When you are in a mentally and/or physically abusive marriage, are you suppose to be thankful for the constant tearing down of yourself as a person, even more so as a wife. I have been married for 35 years and I can say that the physical part is not happening at present the mental abuse is still a constant thing and never knowing what to expect minute by minute because he gets mad over anything. I am reaching out to women in my shoes who have stayed hoping and praying to be treated like a viable person. I do not wish him to be like anyone else’s husband. I pray for God to supply with whatever I need to keep my sanity and not be bitter toward him or anyone. I am disabled and cannot do many things; I pray to be able to take care of myself and do not want anyone to do it for me. When I spoke to a professional about my situation he told me I have never had a marriage. Maybe that is true. All I can say is pray and put all your expectations on the Lord, because only He can carry you through.

• Oh Monica, I’m so sorry you’ve been through so much hardship. Your advice to others in abusive marriages is good, pray. Only God knows each persons life behind closed doors. He is a good Father and He will truly give wisdom for each persons marriage. Lord, touch Monica’s husband with Your great love, restore their marriage and ignite it with passion again. Thank You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen

78. Tracie says:

Thanks so much for this and your devotion on proverbs 31 website!

79. Angela says:

Lord, rekindle our passion not only for You, but for each other as well. I have been blessed with an amazing husband and your devotional was perfect timing as we celebrate our anniversary today!

• I love that, Angela! May the Lord open the window of heaven over you, your marriage and your home and pour out so many blessings that you can’t contain them all! Happy anniversary!

80. Annie posey eison says:

This actually put a new perspective on my outlook on my marriage. It is hard being disabled and married. A very different feeling when you could at least help. I will try to be more caring in making an How God thinks approach and humble myself. Thank you

81. Courtney says:

But what do you do when you are trying to make your marriage work & make it better, when all is lost & you feel your relationship has diminished to merely “roommates”, not even the best friend or friend roommates, the only sharing a residence kind, & you can’t even get your husband to show he cares enough to make any effort??? Today is our 5yr anniversary. It is 7:52pm & although I posted a special “happy anniversary” “memory” tribute w/ a short paragraph of how much I love him & how thankful I am for him, I have still yet to receive even the simplest “happy anniversary” from him. ??

82. Jaelen says:

Jaelen. Thank you.

83. Leah R. says:

This is a fantastic mindset to habe, and I want to embrace it! Thank you so much for sharing!!

84. Darcy says:

Thank you for this post, and for the post on proverbs 31 as well. My husband and I met and married within 7 months, and then welcome our son 9 months later. We just welcomed our beautiful daughter this last year, and I just feel like we’re in this stage of independent survival. We’ve only been married 4 years, and it seems like such a lifetime since we had that honeymoon stage. Thank you for reminding me of what matters, and for encouraging me to be praying for my husband in those moments I just want to lose it. I know God brought us together ? Have a wonderful weekend!

85. Julie says:

Julie and my husband Nathan. We’ve been married for 5 years and are expecting our first child in August. I’m madly in love with my husband still, but I find some aspects areas that I endure rather than relish in.

86. Erin. Loved the article. Would love to have that “honeymoon life” you describe.

87. Shannon says:

Thanks for this post. My husband an I have been married 15 years, and more than half of that time has been full of arguing and discontent. We have 3 healthy boys and rarely have time to talk to each other- at times I feel like we don’t know each other anymore. I long to have that spark back, to be the example our children need to see of a Godly marriage, to spend time together peaceabley. Please pray for us! God Bless

• Lord, bring peace, love and passion to this marriage. Help the boys see what marriage is meant to be through the revival that takes place in their marriage in the coming days. Thank You!

88. Thank you for your encouraging words. I needed them.

🙂 April

89. Robin says:

Thank you so much for the reminder–your story is very inspiring!! Your prayers are appreciated!!

90. Laura says:

I love your decision to live every day like you’re still newly-weds. So precious! My husband and I are still considered newly-weds but we definitely don’t act like it. He is a wonderful person, but most days I feel the passion has already diminished. It leaves me feeling sad and hopeless for the future. I want a special, connected relationship with my husband. Please pray for our marriage!

91. Charell says:

My husband and I of 21 years have been separated for 2 months. My husband lost hope and I am praying for hope to be restored and for reconciliation. We are at the empty nest stage and I believe my husband is having a midlife crisis. Please pray for us!

92. Oh how much I pray that God will change our marriage and the way I see my husband!

• Lord, do it!Change this marriage for Your glory, make it what You meant for it to be! Open their eyes to see everything through Your eyes. In Jesus’ Name, Amen

93. Great story and encouragement AND reminder!

94. I’d lik to learn more

95. Ashlee says:

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I pray that God will transform the perspective I have of my husband. I pray that I will live out each day as if it were our honeymoon. And I pray for new and creative ways on how to do that. Amen.

96. Jennifer Abbott says:

Wonderful. Lord please help all the marriages represented in these comments. Thank you for my husband and please help me put him first before all other human priorities.

97. Enjoyed your post. Opens my eyes to see that I must change. Prayers for healing and a renewed appreciation for each other.

98. Susan says:

99. Juanita says:

Hi Sharon, thanks very much for this beautiful post. Phew! Mine is a marriage than I cannot explain. My husband is a workaholic and perfectionist. We do not communicate well because most times its his work tali. I am a stay at home Mom. I long for him to get back and we at least talk bond, but that’s not the case. I am very, very lonely. I feel like kicking him out of my thoughts so that the pain lessens. I am really confused, please advise me how to go about it. We are very distant. Please pray for me.

100. Marie B says:

Thank you for sharing. You encouraged me to do the same.

101. Robyn says:

I so enjoyed this post and the one you wrote for Proverbs 31! I am hoping to change my mindset to this one! I am fortunate that I have a great husband, but this is a fantastic reminder for me to “fill in the gaps” and to serve him, not just to look for him to serve me, or to wait for the perfect trip.

Thank you so much for posting! I so very much needed this reminder and encouragement. We have moments when we connect, but that’s all it seems sometimes, just moments. I will keep on extending grace, praying for ways to speak well and most importantly, live out my gratitude, regardless of whether we are connecting or not. I will stay hopeful, because my hope comes from the Lord, not from my beloved.

We’ve been married for 50 years and I have never lost my desire for my husband. Now that he has serious heart problems, I cherish every day with him not knowing how long this will last.

104. Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for this message. I have been taking care of my husband after surgery and then my elderly sister who was moved to my hometown. I have taken over all of her finances, legal affairs, and placed her in assisted living. 6 days after the move she had to have major surgery. I have spent the last 8 days at the hospital with her. Today she moves to a rehab center. I am so grateful for my understanding husband but also fight resentment and am physically and mentally exhausted. I often covet my friend’s life who complains of being tired from trips to New York, attending weddings, beach adventures. I pray for a renewed mind and strength. I pray for the energy and time to have the Honeymoon life with my husband.

105. Tammy says:

Thank you for your words. My husband and I have been married almost 37 years. I am thankful everyday that we are still together and happy.
    Praise God.

106. Darcie says:

Great read Mrs Glasgow. Thank you for sharing. Prayers are always good.

107. Linda says:

Thank you for the advice. Makes so much sense! Sounds like advice couples need BEFORE they get married!

108. Sharon Prayers appreciated…Thank you for this wisdom

109. Thank you for your prayers. I’m believing for a full restoration in my marriage. I believe that God will make all things new. Jenny

110. Tammy Jackson says:

So thankful for this blog and devotional helping remind us as wives the power and influence that we can have in the way we love and relate to our husbands. Life is fragile with no guarantees, so choosing to live the honeymoon life each day will bless us with the way our hearts desire when we truly love, cherish and relish the spouse God has blessed us with.

111. Veronica says:

Please pray for our marriage. Our 5th anniversary is coming up. Thanks.

112. Ann Black says:

I am getting married Huly 1st and whe we are not taking a honeymoon we “have a plan”. We are going to spend time alone focusing on us and eachother. This idea is a beautiful extension of our plan. Thank you for your very timely post and wonderful example of a God blessed marriage.

113. Carmen says:

What a great reminder! We’ve been married for over 20 years and things haven’t always gone smooth, but I try and remember what a wonderful man God has brought me. He’s not perfect and neither am I, but we’re perfect for each other!