Pray Until Something Happens

I've had this basket for 25 years

I’ve had this basket for 25 years

Pray Until Something Happens Story

Last weeks winner of 3 books, DVD, candle jars and seeds is Kim- you posted on 2014/09/18 at 4:24 PM.

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with bright light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man He had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This, the man did, day after day.

For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down with his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the Adversary decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man’s weary mind: “You’ve been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn’t budged. Why kill yourself over this? You’re never going to move it” —thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

“Why kill myself over this?” he thought. “I’ll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that’ll be good enough.” And that’s just what he planned to do— until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. “Lord” he said, “I’ve labored long and hard in Your service, putting all my strength to do that which You’ve asked. Yet, after all this time, I haven’t even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What’s wrong? Why am I failing?”

The Lord responded compassionately,

“My friend, when I asked you to serve Me— you accepted. I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength— which you’ve done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me— with your strength spent, thinking that you’ve failed. But is that really so?”

“Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscular. Your back sinew is mighty. Your hands are callused from the constant pressure;and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you’ve grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven’t moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you’ve done. I, my friend, will now move the rock.”

At times, when we hear from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants. What God ACTUALLY wants is just simple OBEDIENCE and FAITH IN HIM. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it’s still God who moves the mountains.

P.U.S.H. = Pray Until Something Happens! When everything seems to go wrong, just P.U.S.H. … When the job gets you down, P.U.S.H. … When people don’t react the way you think they should, P.U.S.H. … When your money looks funny and the bills are due, P.U.S.H. … When people just don’t understand you, just P.U.S.H.

What mountain do you need GOD to move? Your finances? Job? A relationship? Sickness? Your ministry? Tell me in the comment section below. Your request will enter your name to win this cornucopia full of fresh fall gourds, some from my very own garden. Cornucopia means, horn of plenty or abundance of something. May the Lord bless you abundantly. Last week we prayed for your prayer requests. Many answered prayers have been coming in!! Thank You Lord! We need each other! The power of prayer is incredible.

I've had this basket for 25 years

I’ve had this basket for 25 years

Comments

1. Sharon…this is perfect!!! (Of course it is…because God’s timing is always perfect!!) Tonight I host an “IF:Pray” gathering in my home. (I’m a local leader with “IF:Gatherings”, under the founder/visionary Jennie Allen.) I am going to share this illustration with all who come. May we not grow weary in prayer, service, ministry etc… but may we obediently respond to what the Lord asks of us, trusting He is working in ways we cannot see.

Love you my friend,

• Praise the Lord Joy!He’s amazing me, more than ever! XOXOX

• Jesus always amazes me. Please pray for my three boys. thank -you.

• Jennifer says:

Pray for my marriage .pray for my troubled heart for it is heavy burdened

• Abba Father, I lift up Jennifer to you and pray that you would bring peace and healing to her marriage. Strengthen her to stand firm in You and follow Your voice in this time. You want her to have a free spirit and heart- not weighed down by the world, so Father take these worldly cares off of her heart and fill her life with new joy.

• babalwa says:

Good day .please pray fro me ,I am a mother of 2boys I am working but I dont see my money ,I cant even support my children ,I have unessesaary debts,my husband even called my that I am usless,I am trying so hard but I dont know what is happening ,I just want God to hlep me ,I cant even buy myslef clothes ,Please help me

• sheila says:

please pray for my husband in sub acute unit for over 1yr after 2 cardiac arrest and a stroke also pray for my son, my finances, a home and please pray for my very good friends that have been such a blessing to me. I don’t know what or where I’d be if god hadn’t blessed me with them, thank you

2. Terrie Johnson says:

The right job Father not my choice but yours, YOU know my heart and the things I want and need. If this be the job then I will push that rock for all that it is worth, I do trust you but I am feeling uncertain. Thank you Jesus

3. Teresa says:

What a great and timely illustration. Through some very unique circumstances, I only have two weeks left at my current job. I need prayer for the Lord to show me whether or not to bring my son home from school and homeschool him (he’s a Junior and we homeschooled up until his Freshman year), OR will He provide the job I need? Thank you for praying with me!

• Teresa says:

Just an update…the day after I posted this prayer request, the Lord answered our prayer. Someone anonymously donated a large sum of money and put it in our son’s school account. We will not need to pull him out! PTL!

4. Nanci D says:

I would love see a couple of prayers answered. My husband either needs a new job or a better attitude about the one he has. Long story but it would be nice for him to get a new job. Another request is that we need 19k to pay a debt that we have. Two things I have been praying for a long time.

• Father in Heaven, we ask that You would open up the door for Nanci’s husband to have a new job. We ask that you would give them exceedingly and abundantly more than they can ask or think in this time. Bring them into alignment with Your word in every day and fill them afresh with Your joy!

5. Tuija says:

That’s a wonderful read. Thank you! I pray salvation for my whole family . Especially my husband and oldest daughter. I believe in the power of prayer. PUSH!

6. Becky J says:

Our family needs more of Jesus..in body, mind and soul..in relation to possibly moving closer to my husband’s work, bodily health, jobs and direction for our three children and a family business we are birthing. Thank you for your prayers. Thank You, Lord that You hear and answer! xo

7. Julie says:

I would deeply appreciate prayers. I previously had breast cancer and now several scans show a growth in my left lung. I will see a surgeon this week after being advised to have the area in the lung removed. I do pray for healing but most of all that others can see God’s glory through it all.

• Karla H. says:

Praying for God to reveal himself in a mighty way to you and those around you! May He heal your body in the process.
      Big Hug – Karla (also a breast cancer survivor)

• Lord, I pray in Jesus’ powerful name that you would heal the growth in Julie’s lung. You are mighty to save and believe you have all authority in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, so we ask that your will would be done as it is in heaven! That you would bless this woman with full healing to the GLORY of your NAME! We believe that you will be honored in her faith. Give her strength to PUSH!!! Astound the doctors and make this a testimony that goes out into all the nations of your faithfulness.

8. Julie says:

Love, love, LOVE this blog. I am on the verge of a huge breakthrough with my health, and it is all due to God sustaining me to have the faith to trust Him at His word when He told me He would heal me through natural alternatives about 8 years ago. I have been P.U.S.H.ing for about 8 years, and I’m starting to see breakthrough. Praise God for His faithfulness!!! The doctors wanted to replace my right knee, right hip and both shoulders, but God told me, “No! Trust Me”. Soon I will be walking and moving like never before, and it’s all because I trusted God to be faithful to His promises. About 3 years ago, God gave me Hebrews 11:11 (which basically says “God always keeps His promises”) to sustain my hope in His promise. Every time I would become discouraged, the numbers 11 11 would show up in the most unusual places to give me hope that God will come through with His promise. I encourage all of you to trust God at His Word. If He has promised you something, it will come to pass. Keep P.U.S.H.ing

9. claudia says:

Hello, please pray for my marriage of 17 years. My husband and I don’t get along and we are trying but theres just something that seems to make things go wrong. I want to stay married forever to my husband. I love him and for him and our 3 kids I want to stay with him. I need to find a job that will work with my youngest daughter school schedule. I feel sad and depress. I went from having 2 jobs to not having none. I miss my husbands affection and love.
    thank you.

• Anonymous says:

Will be praying Claudia. Trust in the Lord!

• Lifting you up, Claudia! Lord, give Claudia a newfound servant love for her husband even when she doesn’t see any fruit or progress. Give her the overwhelming, servant-hearted love Jesus had for us when he died on the cross so that she can love her husband even when they don’t get along. Provide for her a job that would bless their family and bring glory to your name. Give her a JOY even in the midst of the struggle to PUSH…let her know that you are creating in her a beautiful heart that is faithful to you!!! “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18

10. Renee Elliott says:

A job for my husband

11. Brittany Reed says:

A transformed mind, renewed. To go back to school. Another job for my husband, one where he can devote more time to God then me secondly. For my husband to learn to trust God completely and not to worry about bills. Long life for our family of 5. Deliverance for my mother in law and that she will respect me. A sister in Christ in my life that I can grow in Christ with. To feel pure & holy, be pure and holy like Jesus. To let go of my past.

12. Doreen says:

I need a PUSH for physical and spiritual healing in my family.

13. KAY LYNN PARRISH says:

My husband not attending church. He is a good Christian man but he refuses to attend church. He did years ago and got his feelings hurt and has refused to attend any church. That is my rock. Thank you for this post it was very good. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS KAY

14. Paula says:

When my back went out on May 30th God spoke so clearly the verses in Mark 11, 22“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23“Trulyf I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” And not just once. It came up several times over the course of a week. He is going to move this mountain of pain and fear in my life. I believe it. I’m waiting on Him and continuing to hope.

15. Karla H. says:

for wisdom

16. Anne Marie says:

Sharon, thank you so much for this beautiful message today. My husband, Jon, is addicted to alcohol and drugs. We have been separated for 17 months and have two young daughters. I pray for Jon’s healing and the healing of our marriage and family every day. I am so afraid it will never change. Thank you for your love and prayers.

• Lord, we ask for POWER to come from your throne and to heal Jon from every addiction. That you would become his only passion and desire as you heal his heart. Love on him and show him that you are the Author and Perfecter of our faith. Thank you that by your stripes, Jesus, we are healed! Healing for their family, marriage, life. PUSH!

17. Kathy H says:

Pray for my children. They have such a call of God on their lives and the devil keeps distracting them. But I know that the gates of Hell shall NOT prevail!.

• Lord, we pray that the Adversary would not prevail any longer over Kathy’s children. Break the chains that have bound them in Jesus’ name!!! Rescue them and shower your LOVE upon them!! Give them a spirit of holiness to live for you alone!

18. Shelley Summerville says:

My husband and I have been praying for over 2 years about what God wants us to do- feel that it is more than what we are doing here. We need guidance for his job and our future- if it includes a different job, a different state, a different lifestyle… God is preparing us for something- I truly believe that. I just shared this email with him to encourage him to keep pushing. Thank you for sharing your heart!

19. brenda says:

Please, pray for my son Ryan. I’m battle worn and weary. I have so much to be thankful for and I am most grateful. I need strength and discernment as I seek to follow the Lord’s will in my life.

20. I can feel stronger by praying for my granddaughter who is supposed to be born in January. We found out she has Trisome 18. She will probably die after birth. I would like God to move this mountain, but if the mountain he wants to move is that I trust in Him for the strength to get through this, so be it. I need Him.

• Oh Anne, my heart goes out to you and your family in this struggle. He is faithful! Lord, we pray for a supernatural, beautiful miracle over Anne’s grandaughter’s life. We know that you have planted this life within and you are ABLE to heal any chromosomal imperfection in the name of Jesus! We ask for perfect alignment of each chromosome. That you would touch this little soul and heal it for the glory of Your Name!! Lord, give Anne the steadfastness to PUSH even when the outcome seems impossible. Create in her a heart that leans only upon you in times of trouble. In JESUS’ name, amen! Hugs!!!

21. Charlotte Askew says:

I am asking God to give me favor to find a part time job for the winter months to help relieve some of the financial stress. Let the people see my abilities and not my senior citizen age.

22. Marie says:

Sharon, I love your posts-it seems your thoughts are my thoughts so many times. My heart is heavy today, as we have just scheduled an MRI for my husband who has been battling cancer for 1.5yrs. He is having neurological issues now and of course I fear the worst. My task, given by my Lord, is to stay in faith-and that I will do. I am clinging to His promises and claim them for my husband, our sons and for myself. God is always faithful, and I yield my will to His. God bless you for your ministry and your encouraging words.

• Marie, I will be praying that you have the strength PUSH even in the midst of scary tests and diagnosis and that our Lord would love on you and give you comfort. Lord, you are MAKER and HEALER and we believe that you have all authority to bring this MRI back completely normal. That you would relieve Marie’s husband of any neurological issues he’s having all to the glory of your Son… “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.” Philippians 2:10. Hugs!

23. Kate S says:

For my friend who is having surgery for stage 2 melanoma and for my daughter who was just hired for her first job but needs a place to live. Thank you for this wonderful post Sharon, I always enjoy reading your blog.

Please pray for my 19 year old daughter who is 16 weeks pregnant and unmarried. The father acts one day like he wants to be involved andvthe next out partying with girls etc. Please pray for God’s will to be done. That she will discern what to do as far as he is concerned. He’s been emotionally abusive to her. I don’t know how to pray

• Lord, you see this pain. Your heart aches with us. So we ask that you would surround this woman with your love and be a Father to the fatherless during this time. We ask that you would show this woman what to do in this hardship, that you would refine her heart as she must PUSH. Light the path before her and give her HOPE!

25. Dorothy says:

prayers for healing of a small hernia in my stomach please and thank you

26. michelle says:

Healing for myself and my family, after my mom passed a few years ago, my family has been very broken. My dad especially is lonely and has no friends and his health is suffering.
    And my attention-deficit has gotten worse, I haven’t finished college and I can barely hold a conversation anymore without my mind wandering. Praying is even harder, i feel like i’m just daydreaming or if i pray aloud i feel like i’m talking to air

• I pray for healing over your family and attention-deficit, Michelle! He is faithful to hear your every prayer! I encourage you to pick a Psalm and use it to help you as you pray today. His word is Alive. PUSH!

27. I need prayer. I have gastritis and breast microcalcifications. In addition, seborrheic dermatitis and hair loss. I know this is all happening according to God’s plan and will for my life.

28. Thank you Sharon and to everyone who will be praying. I need deliverance from anger and pride. The LORD has been working in my life through my children. I want to be a godly mother to them and to be Christ-like but battling with my emotions is so hard.

• Thank you for sharing this MT. James 1:19-20 tells us, “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” You are an over-comer of all of this in Christ! Father in Heaven, let MT know that she has freedom from these things in You because of Your death on the cross and resurrection. Let her know that You have the power and have given her what she needs to not be filled with anger or pride. Who the Son sets free is free indeed. Stand firm sister- all of Heaven is standing with you.

29. Sharon-
    What a warrior for Jesus you are. I so appreciate and love your fierce passion for Jesus yet your feminine flair! I want you to know I pray for you often.

I would love prayer for my ministry . I am entering into the fall retreat season/beginning to really follow steps of faith in support raising and dreaming some big God sized dreams for the next steps. Thanks friend!

• Thank you for your prayers Jenn! So needed and appreciated! Father, strengthen Jenn in her ministry calling. Show her where to turn in the support raising and help her to PUSH for the fullness that You have for her. Blessings to you sister!

30. Thank you Sharon and to everyone who will be praying. I need deliverance from anger and pride. The LORD has been working in my life through my children. I want to be a godly mother to them and to be Christ-like but battling with my emotions is so hard. I desire victory in this area of my life. Victory in Jesus!

Thank you and Blessings!

31. Fannie Goldsmith says:

I am in a difficult situation financially and I desperately needs God’s help and guidance in my situation. I really enjoy your devotionals. Your thoughts are a real blessing. Thank you.

• Thank You Heavenly Father for providing for Fannie! Thank you for making a way where there seems to be no way. Lord Jesus, you ARE the way, the truth, the life. We receive that You have promised to make a way, to show us the truth, and fill us with life to the full. Bless Fannie with every need supplied (Philippians 4:19)! In Jesus name, amen.

32. Angela Gibbons says:

Please pray for healing for my husband and I. He has migraine headaches and I’m having ringing in my ears. Please pray that we would have direction from the Lord on what to do with our house we have had for sale. We thought this was something the Lord wanted us to do. We will continue to PUSH! Thank you

33. Thank you Sharon for your wonderful, inspirational posts. I also love the pictures of your wonderful farm! Please pray for healing of my eldest daughter. Also,I am currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer, asking for prayer for myself and my family for healing and strength during this time.
    Asking for prayer for healing, financial help and direction for our lives so God’s plan and
    will for our lives will be fulfilled.

• Thank you for sharing MV! Father in the almighty name of Jesus, I lift up this precious person’s family and health to You. You are the God who heals and we believe that You will show yourself strong on their behalf. Thank You Abba!

34. Gloria Nofsinger says:

We are trying to pay down a not-so-huge debt before my retired husband retires from his part-time job. Even at our stage of life, we need to budget wisely. We were on track but now our car needs repairs. I am reminded to trust that God knows and provides. It is easy to become discouraged.

• Father in Heaven, thank You that you never leave us or forsake us- in every stage of our lives. Thank You that you know what Gloria and her husband need and you WILL be faithful to Your word to provide for them. Bring hope, faith, love, and joy into their lives in a new and incredible way! This is who You are! Thank You Jesus!

35. Jerre Roller says:

I have relationship problems. My best friend(?) just dumped me and my oldest son refuses to have anything to do with me or his siblings. I really need prayers to get through this. Thank you for this wonderful website and the newsletter.

• Hi Jerre! I’m going to pray for you right now.
      Father in Heaven, pour out a tangible sense of Your presence on Jerre’s life in this time. You are the friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24! In all of this pain and loss, bring restoration as only You are capable of doing. Thank You Jesus for being faithful to Jerre even in the valley and the shadows of life. You are the light of the world and I ask that your truth and light would pierce the darkness and bring restoration.

36. Kathryn says:

Please pray for my husband’s healing. He had surgery last year for pancreatic cancer and is having complications. His work is very stressful and he does trust God but the days are long. We both need God’s strength and I need to repent of my bitterness. We also need God to bles our finances. Thank you so very much for your prayers.

• Hi Kathryn! Praying for you!
      Father in Heaven, I pray that You would come and bring order into this family in the midst of the profound difficulties. Bring healing to the complications and let there be no more cancer! Lord Jesus, I ask that there would be no bitterness or weights of sin in the family to hold them back or weigh them down- let righteousness, joy, and peace flood the hearts where bitterness used to be. Let freedom and restoration be poured out into Kathryn’s family right now in the power of who You are King Jesus! We trust You and Your ability to move and work for them. Let them know they are not alone. Amen!

37. JRC j says:

Our relationships with our children. Thank you.

38. carol m says:

What mountain do I need GOD to move? Finances? Job? A relationship? Sickness? My ministry? How about all of these. I loved, loved, loved this article. All these articles seem to come when I most need them. So finances, yes, need a car I can call my own, just reliable and one I can afford. Relationship–just be able to reach others and not be afraid to tell them about Jesus and what he has done for me, to be bolder than I am already. Sickness – only that I will be able to use these “thorns” to win others, for there are always others worse off…I can still see, breathe, walk, talk, hear and claim Jesus as my Savior! God Bless you Sharon!

• Thank You Heavenly Father that You are ALL that we need, in EVERY, SINGLE way! Thank You for providing for ALL of Carol’s needs in Your riches and glory! Help her to believe in who you are like never before and watch You move every mountain before her! In Jesus almighty and powerful name, Amen!!

39. For a successful job and that we sell the property that needs to pay off our bills.

40. Kristi says:

Hello, please pray for me to persevere in this season that I’m in and not to give up fighting for my children. All odds seem against me but I know the Lord is fighting for me and that victory is already mine!

• That’s right Kristi! Keep holding on to the Word and the truth. Close your ears to all voices that tell you anything other than the Word of God! Victory is the Lord’s and He has given it to you at the cross!

41. Kristi says:

Please pray for strength and perseverance in this season of fighting for my children, I know the Lord is fighting the battle for me, I just need prayer to hold on to his promises. Thank you!

42. Kristi says:

Sorry:) Didn’t think my post went through the first time. I’ll take the extra prayers though!! Thanks again!

43. Lora C says:

The mountains that I need moved are: health issues, children with addiction issues, finances, and serenity to accept what is and strength to keep praying until something happens.

• Jesus tells us in Mark 11:23, “Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.” We speak to these mountains and command them to move, in Jesus’ almighty name!

44. My mountain is my husband’s job. He’s been without work for almost 2 years. He’s had many interviews and is becoming discouraged when he continues to be rejected.
    Also for my health problems. I’ve been dealing with fertility issues for a few years now that only seem to be getting worse.

• Aw Julie! My heart goes out to you!
      Abba in Heaven, I lift up Julie to Your Throne! Bring a mighty open door for her husband in this season. You are their provider and only You! I pray for healing over her body from the fertility issues. Bring a mighty wave of healing into her body- even now! In Jesus’ name, amen.

45. My mountain is more like a mountain range. Nothing physically life threatening, although mental/emotional can certainly take a toll physically. My beloved, his job, his life – he is so full of anger, bitterness, resentment. It spews out all over me, all the time, and I can barely take it. Jesus keeps me sane, this I say with all truthfulness. I cannot do this life without Jesus, just wondering though how many more years we will struggle with all of this. I just need prayer, you do not need to enter me in the drawing. Thank you!

• Thank you for sharing this Kathy! We will PUSH and believe the Lord to bring this mountain range into the sea!! How big is our God? He is stronger than all of these things… He is faithful to His promises. When the wind and waves surround us- we know that His whisper calms the raging storms. I pray that His voice would go forth right now into your precious family and that healing would come at every level. You are loved by the almighty King, Kathy! Blessings to you sister.

46. I would love some prayers for wisdom…
    Wisdom to be able to discern God’s will with regard to how He wants me to contribute to the world now that the homeschooling ministry He called me to has been completed…
    Wisdom to find the correct treatment for a recently diagnosed illness of mine…
    Wisdom to know how to nurture and enhance the relationships I have with my husband and children
    I pray that God would be given glory in all these situations!

• Hi Holly! I’m praying for wisdom to come into your life about each of these things. Father in Heaven has promised to give us wisdom when we ask (James 1:5)- and He is not a respecter of persons about this! Halleluyah! How we all need more of His wisdom! “For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding…” (Proverbs 2:6) . I pray for your ministry in Jesus’ name. I pray for healing regarding your illness! I pray for each relationship in your life to be fully blessed and enriched. More of You Jesus! Let Holly be richly blessed in every way in You. In Jesus’ name- amen.

47. I would like prayer about a job situation. I need to pursue my own business, working where I’m at now does not leave time for anything, it also limits any involvement with people. It is my belief that we are here to be involved with others. Thank you!
    Jan

• Yes in Jesus’ name, Father- open the doors for Jan! Show her the path that You have for her and lead her in boldness and courage! Amen!

48. Rocio says:

thanks for posting this… please pray for wisdom and discernment for my friend as she decides if she needs to return to work or to stay home with her kids. Thanks. :o)

• Father in Jesus’ name, show Rocio’s friend the path that she is supposed to take at this time. Give her complete clarity of mind and confirmations- so that she has perfect peace about the decision! Amen.

49. Michelle Fatta says:

Thank you Sharon! 🙂 This is an on time message!
    Prayer for God to save my family and heal our relationships.

50. Bev DeSalvo says:

Pray until something happens:
    I am pastor’s wife of a large church and have recently worked through trauma from childhood abuse of every kind. I have been open and honest with our friends and congregation and have written a book about my journey. The Holy One has given me great peace about everything, but I’m not sure about the method. Please pray that He will lead me to the right place to publish Walking the Broken Road to Intimacy. It is dedicated to His wounded children…all for His glory. Psalm 115:1

• Thank you for sharing this Bev! I will be praying that the doors will be opened for you and your testimony to be heart. Father in Heaven- make a way for Bev as she boldly shares her story of abuse and healing. Bring her where You want her to be and give her divine appointments- even to minister to young people that come into her life. Thank-You Abba for healing Bev and making her a mighty beacon of hope and restoration! In Jesus’ name, amen!

51. Joanna M says:

I lost my job a little over a month ago and am praying I find something new very very soon!

• Mary T says:

Joanna, I am praying that God lead you to a new “job” and that He allow you to use your gifts to serve Him in whatever vocation you are working in! Amen!

• We will PUSH for the best possible job that the Lord can give to you Joanna! Father, I pray that You would prepare Joanna for the next step and the job that You have for her. Show her the steps that she is supposed to take in order to walk into her calling. Open the doors that You have for her Father- in Jesus’ name- amen!

52. Mary T says:

Sharon, your thoughts today have given me hope. I have been VERY impatient lately and have been asking God each day to help me to be patient with others, especially those closest to my heart. I am going to pray each day that the Lord teach me and help me to be patient and I am going to pray until something happens! Would you pray for me as well? God bless!

• Yes Mary! I will stand in agreement with you sister! Galatians 5:22-23 tells us, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” As the Holy Spirit to give you a fresh touch of His power and that all of the fruits of His presence in you would be what come out- all day, every day! Jesus loves you! He is with you and will say yes to the good desires that He places in your heart- especially to be more patient. 🙂 Grace to you!

53. Shannon B says:

Thank you, Sharon! I’ve been praying to have clarity & direction in finishing my degree, finances, family, among other things, are ALL concerns that I will continue to PUSH for.

God bless,
    Shannon

Please help us sell our house. Running out of time lord we need you help.

• Yes Father, help this person sell their house if this is Your will! Thank-You ahead of time for moving on their behalf! In Jesus’ name, amen.

55. Debbie says:

My mountain is cancer. A rare and aggressive cancer that I was diagnosed with 8 1/2 yrs. ago. In that span of time if has returned 4 times, the fourth I’ve been battling the past 16 months. God continues to strengthen me in spirit, but my prayer is for this mountain to be removed.

• Oh Debbie! I’m praying for you sister! Father in Jesus’ almighty name, I ask that You would sovereignly intervene regarding this cancer. I ask that You would strengthen Debbie in her spirit and totally and completely remove the cancer. We ask You believing that You are faithful to Debbie’s life and her heart. Help Debbie to see You more fully and clearly in this time. Let her know Your intimate presence and love for her. I ask that healing would come- in Jesus’ name, amen!!

56. Sarah says:

Financial crisis. We’ve filed for bankruptcy to keep from losing everything but now the payment I have to make each month will barely leave us with enough to eat and keep the lights on. I commute 50miles each day for work and our three kids keep us busy beyond that. My youngest has cerebral palsy and learning delays. My oldest son had surgery for a football injury yesterday…

• Father, in Jesus’ name, I ask that You would minister to Sarah and her family by Your Holy Spirit in these trials! Give her family every, single bit of money and resources that they need in this time and for the rest of their lives. Bring healing to her children in every way!! You have ALL power and authority in Heaven and on Earth- so we take faith and trust You to bring healing. Father I pray that where the enemy has tried to steal from them- that You would show them the path of restoration and bring it all back to them 100 fold!

57. Denise says:

Please pray for my son and my brother, that the Lord will do mighty things. Sometimes I’m so discouraged waiting for God to work. Today I will PUSH some more.

• Yes Denise!! I’ve heard it said before, “If you don’t quit, you win!” Keep pressing forward and keep PUSHing!! The battle belongs to the Lord and He has already won the victory for you and your family. He is faithful to His promises over your lives!

58. Margaret Morgan says:

I feel like I’m “stuck” between a rock and a difficult place right now. I lost 2 wonderful jobs in 1 year…. 6 months apart….currently unemployed, searching for work as a RN. I was terminated from my last job as Hospice RN due to “service failure” as a result of my hearing disability ( my new manager, whom I’ve already forgiven, stated a month prior to my termination that if she had known I had a hearing disability when they interviewed me back in December she wouldn’t have hired me ). I was crushed and emotionally hurt by this. I went above and beyond for this employer and my hospice patients. A week later my husband and I received notice from our Stafford home renter that she was giving her 30 day’s notice to move out. With me being unemployed, we made a quick financial decision to downsize and move out of our Fredericksburg home back to our Stafford home ( still in the process of completing the move and getting our Fredericksburg home ready to put up for sale ) My marriage has been quite a challenge for the past 7 years as well….husband is quick to anger, impatient. I’m a very forgiving loving woman but can’t ignore the profound effect it has had on me and my 4 daughters. I have faith and look up to God daily, asking Him to show me the way. Sometimes I just feel lost.

• Hi Margaret! Thank-you for sharing!
      Father, in Jesus’ name I ask that You would come through quickly in Margaret’s life and family. You are all-powerful and on the Throne- right now! Your leadership is perfect and You will provide for all of their needs. I ask that her marriage would be healed as well as the girls’ relationship with their Father. I lift her up to you with each of else important cares in her life and ask for a fresh wave of Your healing, freedom, and deliverance to be poured over them. Amen!

59. Carol says:

Healing for our family physically, financially and spiritually. Thank you for your posts.

60. Anon. says:

I need definition of my place to be, forgiveness, and
    May the Lord grant that we have beautiful feet.
    I need to be more well spoken.
    And I need the removal of the negative, and the addition of good.
    And I need Isaiah. and for the Lord to re(new) my strength.

• Praying for these things with you Anon! Keep studying the Word and allowing the Holy Spirit to teach you. He will keep showing you truth and give you more and more strength! Blessings to you!

61. We are seeking God’s direction for a new career path and possibly a move for our family. Thanks for the prayers- and for the wonderful illustration!

• Keep PUSHing Shannon! Our great King Jesus is faithfully leading you and your family! I pray for a swift clarity and understanding for you all! Amen.

62. Laurie says:

Our mountain is caring for elderly parents who don’t think they need caring for — alzheimer’s and physical health. We are either laughing or crying – sometimes at the same time!! But definitely praying all the time too.

• Praying for you all to have power and might in this season Laurie! I know this must be very challenging for you all- but remember that the Lord will always pull you through! He is with you. Blessings to you and your family sister!

63. Sharon you are wonderful. I so love your posts, each one, and I wish that someday we could meet!!! The mountain that tugs at my heart is my youngest son, Jonathan, who is a prodigal, and a talented artist with the soul of a philosopher who has just begun college. He is filled with anxiety, stress, and negativity and I feel that things are constantly thrown in his path to cast doubt. I love this PUSH concept. Thank you so much for your servant’s heart and love.

• Thank you Stephanie! I would love to meet you as well!
      I lift up Jonathan right now to the Throne of Grace and pray that his life would be mightily snatched from the fire right now. That all deception from the enemy of his soul would be removed and that his eyes would be filled with Holy light! I pray that all of his anxiety, stress, and negatively would be totally removed! I pray for strength over Stephanie as she stands firm in You to see this transformation. Help her Father to wait patiently- but be strongly persistent in prayer. You hear our every cry and move at the sound of our voices! In Jesus’ name, amen!

64. Beverly says:

Please pray for my teenage son- he has walked away from The Lord. Making some bad decisions. Feel like job lately, much has happened. But I know God is preparing a testimony.

65. Pls pray that my husband’s heart will soften and that he will be the spiritual leader of our home and that he realizes that his joy must come from the Lord. That his eyes will open to see that family time is important and that God will help him in his new job. Also that I would be the wife that God has called me to be.

66. Hi Sharon,
    I always love your messages and I too would love to meet you someday!! I actually did meet you for a brief moment when speaking at our church. I thanked you for touching my heart/soul. You are beautiful inside and out! I would love prayer for help in some skin issues and guidance on help with a decision of a doctor(s) to help. I also keep you and your family in my prayers because satan is always out to seek and destroy those especially who share/love etc… the Lord. Many of God’s Blessings to you to stay so very strong in the Lord!

67. Rahab says:

My son is graduating from college on Dec 19. I need to have my passport and visa to attend. I live in Regina, Canada. Please pray that I will make it and also for peace and joy as I wait.

• Father in Jesus name, I pray that You would make a way for Rehab according to Your will and good pleasure to see her son graduate from college. Amen!

68. peace says:

i need PUSH… a job and in my postgraduate programme to end victoriously as the year 2014 come an end.

• Anonymous says:

Father, in the name of Jesus I pray that Peace finds a job soon. Open doors of opportunity for her and cause Your favour to surround her wherever she submits her application.
      Amen!!!

69. Sharon,
    I need that P.U.S.H. in the area of my health, my finances and in finding acceptable child care for my son and especially in my attitude. Recently diagnosed and treated for uterine cancer my 52 year old self is tired but must go back to work soon. I have kept my 4 years old son home with me for the past few weeks which has had its ups and downs. (mostly ups but still very tiring). But most importantly I need to find a church home where we can worship and serve. Thank you for your devotion. It was on point.
    Lisa

70. I have been pushing like the man with no movement. My husband has been having a hard time finding a job that stays. He is 58 and I am 56. Pray for us. I have been knocking and praying to my Lord and I am trying to stay the course for my family.

Thank you for your prayers and blessings and I will keep the Faith in my soul until the Lord answers.

Erma

71. Melissa says:

I have been praying daily for months for my children to be brought back to me on a permanent basis. their current placement is not beneficial to them at all. they want to be with me and i want them to. I’ve hired a lawyer but due to my past behaviors,my rights were terminated and they don’t think i have a good chance. i am Completely rehabilitated,have my own business, bought a house, and have found the Lord. aunt has custody and allows them to live in Filth with no social life. i pray so hard for a divine intervention.

• Lord, nothing is too hard for You. Bring this family back together and Your peace and harmony to everyone involved. This is not hard for You! Do it Lord! We eagerly await! In Jesus’ name, amen!

• God is a God of healing and restoration. Blessed be THE NAME OF THE LORD!

• Yvette says:

I pray that he brings you your request with many blessings. And know and have faith that he will!!!

72. Yvette says:

I am praying for a broken relationship between me and the love of my life be renewed and restored and some how all this turns around. I pray that you all are blessed.

73. Rahab says:

I need for God to come through for us soon; breakthroughs is our finances, relationships restored between my husband and his children, favour at work, physical , emotional and spiritual healing in both my husband and I. I desperately need to be a better wife, mother, friend and co worker. I pray for God to remove and deliver me totally and completely from worry, fear, pride, arrogance, judgemental attitude, anger, gossiping , belittling others- the list goes on and on. Create in me a clean heart O God, help me be who You want me to be. I am sick and tired of who I am. I want to give You honour and glorify you in all I do. I can do nothing without His intervention in my life/ circumstances! I have been praying very weak prayers but I need to get back to the place where I used to pray and see changes and breakthroughs. Thank you Sharon for this post and for all the women who are praying for each other. I lift every need that has been posted her to you God. We know you as the Eph 3:20 God so we are P.U.S.H ing and by faith believing that You are working behind the scenes and readying ourselves for the amazements. Thank You faithful One! Amen!

74. Atieno says:

Happy New Year. Please pray for my husband and I. We’ve been trying for a baby for a year.
    I’m also out of work and looking for a job.
    We’re praying for God to grow our family and bless me wih a job.
    Amen.

• Rahab says:

Father in the name of Jesus I pray that You grant Atieno the desires of her heart- to have a child and find a good job. May she be amazed by the breakthrough we are believing for her. Amen

75. Babra says:

Sharon,I am happy I bumped into your blog.Am going thru a tough situation.Am happy as it has made me turn back to my God as he’s the only one who can see me thru it. Am praying and I believe that he will answer me in his time and according to his will,while trusting that it is what am praying for.It is encouraging and I look forward to reading more from you.God bless