Blessed is He Who is Not Offended by Me

LampIf you are visiting me today from Proverbs 31 Encouragement Today Devotions, welcome!

John the Baptist was a burning and shining lamp; inwardly burning with love and zeal, outwardly shining in all holiness.

~Jesus said, “Among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist.”

~ The angel told his father, Zacharias, that he would be filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb and that he would go in the spirit and power of Elijah.

~The Holy Spirit revealed to John the Baptist that the One whom He descended upon would be the Messiah.  John witnessed this with his own eyes at Jesus’ baptism. (John 1:32-34)

Yet, when Herod imprisoned him in the awful, putrid dungeon for days upon end with no relief, we read in Luke 7:18-28 that John the Baptist sent his disciples to ask Jesus if He was indeed the Coming One or if they should look for another?  Can you imagine?… Oh my goodness, I can’t!  John the Baptizer, who was called the forerunner to Jesus, who was filled from the womb with the Holy Spirit, the burning and shining lamp- falling prey to doubt and despair!!

To answer John’s questions… Jesus told his disciples, “Go and tell John the things you have seen and heard: the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”

John’s entire life was lived to foretell the coming of the Messiah.  And he lived his calling to the fullest.  He lived his life as a burning and shining lamp…  But his current circumstances made him tremble.  I LOVE what he did!  When in doubt- he sought Truth.  Truth always frees us.  You can imprison a body but not the spirit. As long as we know the truth- the truth will set us free.

Jesus says to us all, “Blessed is he who is not offended” when circumstances are hard and answers are not in sight.  He loves us.  He loved John the Baptist.  Many times we’ll never know the answers to why things happen.

John the Baptist lives on as a memorial and example for other burning and shining lamps- to seek Truth when circumstances make us doubt.

How we respond in those times are of the highest importance to God.  He watches to see whether in our darkest hour, if we will respond to Him who is invisible- more than to the visible around us.  For faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.  Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward!  For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise!

When a trial comes, confront it with truth like John the Baptist did and it will free you. When this life is over we want Jesus to say that we were a burning and shining lamp; inwardly burning with love and zeal and outwardly shining in all holiness-who sought TRUTH at all cost.

Here are a few things I do when I’m faced with a trial:

Trial+Truth= Triumph

1. Pray and believe that you will be triumphant. “ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.(Phil 4:13)And yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.”(Romans 8:37) Declare these truths with determination and confidence as you petition the Lord!
  2. Quickly access your dilemma. Is it life threatening physically or spiritually? If the answer is no, then take a deep breath and say, thank you Lord. You can do this, even if it’s brutal! If it is life threatening you can do it to- it’ll take more prayer!
  3. Focus on one problem at a time. Example: Our daughter was scheduled to have her tonsils taken out at the same time our car was broken down through vandalism. We got a call from the hospital on the same day that the glass company called to say the car windows kept coming in broken. The hospital said that our insurance company had decided 4 days before surgery that her tonsils were a preexisting condition and would not cover the procedure even though it had been previously approved. I decided to not focus on that issue, instead I asked my friends to pray.
  4.  Ask for help. Do you know what gets in the way of us asking for help? Pride.  “His pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD his God.” 2 Chronicles 26:16  We need to ask God for help and help from others when we have needs.  It’s humbling to ask for help depending on what kind of help you need. If you can’t ask, pride is in the way and God hates pride.
  5. Read the Word. This is where you find TRUTH. In any trial Dale and I are facing, we read the Word.  It is our faithful road map.  Holy Spirit ALWAYS gives hope and answers through His Word. The more problems we have- the more we choose to read it.              Does God Still work Miracles?

What do you need help with  to get through your trial today?  Prayer. . .do you need to ask for help…time in the Word? Write what you need in the comment section. We’ll pray for you. The comment enters you to win two books, Jesus Calling, The Prisoner in the Third Cell(this is a MUST read) and a TARGET GIFT CARD!Winner drawn next week.jesus callingThe Prisoner in the Third Cell

Comments

1. brenda says:

I humbly ask prayer for my son Ryan, who has addiction problems and needs to get right with the Lord.

• Lord God we ask that You draw Ryan to Yourself, convict him of sin, righteousness and Your judgement. Man him a new man in You! In Jesus’ name, amen.

• Theresa says:

Brenda, I stand in prayer for Ryan and your whole family. There is a wonderful site called Setting Captives Free. Even if Ryan isn’t ready for this healing journey yet the site offers many resources for those affected by a loved ones addiction.

2. Vickie says:

Have heard my husband preach an amazing sermon from this passage based on the Word and some things we heard in an old sermon by Vance Havner. (Paraphrase of Haver): On the day that John the Baptist ever said the worst thing he ever said about Jesus, Jesus said the best thing He ever said about John.
    I agree that John’s circumstances brought doubt! Thanks for your words!

3. Bonnie says:

Prayers for patience and Gods will. In my relationships and at work.

• Lord give Bonnie the patience she needs in the relationships at work! Bring peace and joy in the middle of it all. Thank You Lord, In Jesus’ name, amen.

4. Jaimie says:

My business is in financial trouble. Please Pray for direction and peace.

5. Bernadette says:

Prayer for our nation. Thank you Sharon for a wonderful time at the women’s conference this past Friday & Saturday! Blessings!

• Aw thank you Bernadette!! Lord, God almighty we beg of You to lead out nation out of the condition that it is in. Bring wisdom and salvation to our leaders. Protect us Lord! In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs!

6. I need God’s help to finish my dissertation and get it approved this week as its been on for too long and affecting relationship with my husband. I need a breakthrough job where i will flourish with a company that will be able to sponsor my work visa before the current one expires.
    Please pray for me.

• Lord only You can give Tolu the ability to get her dissertation done and approved this week. Bring peace and love into her marriage. Open the right door for the job You want for her. Bless her! In Jesus’ name, amen.

7. Diane Nordman says:

Please pray for my husband. It has been over 3 1/2 years since he has had full-time work. It is getting to be so difficult financially, and now even spiritually. He is a pastor and the church asked him to leave 3 1/2 years ago. He is helping another church part-time, but he doesn’t seem to ever get the “full-time” call. I’m wondering how long the Lord will let this go on- it’s hard making ends meet, and yes, we have asked others for help, but we wish that we didn’t have to. I am a teacher at a Christian school- it is hard to stay so positive at times. We will not lose our faith- but it has been so hard. We have 4 children in or just out of college and our youngest is in high school. Thank you for your prayers. God bless you.

• Oh Diane my heart breaks for you. I’m sorry its been so hard. Lord open the door for Diane’s husband. Send provisions and blessings in Jesus’ name, amen.

8. This is what I needed this morning; reassurance and reminders to get out of my pity and into Him.

9. Rosann says:

Praying for physical healing for myself and for my sisters, my niece, and my brother in law. Praising God for all that He has done so far!

• Lord, I lift up Rosanne’s family to YOU, our Healer and Great Physician. Do a mighty work in this family, help all to see You high and lifted up. In Jesus’ name, amen.

10. Heather says:

Prayer and more time in the word. There are a few things right now that weigh heavy on my heart.

11. Susan says:

Please pray for balance and direction as I seek the Lord’s will for this new season. Thank you.

• Lord- give Susan the desires of her heart in this new season. Help her to only do what You say do. Give her wisdom in all things. In Jesus’ name, amen.

12. Teresa Lowell says:

My pastor has been preaching thru the book of James these past several weeks and I see now that many of my daily devotions and even my weekly Bible study has been on trials. Thank you for sharing God’s Truth. Trials + Truth = Triumph (I love this!)

13. Need prayer for God’s wisdom and intervention in a family relationship. I don’t know what else to do in this situation.

14. Amanda says:

Prayers for uncertainty in employment and prayers to trust that God is in control and that his plan is the best way.

• Lord give Amanda a peace about her employment right now. Take this burden off of her and help her to trust You in middle of the trial. Thank You Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

15. Brenda says:

Healing. Deliverance. Peace. Wisdom. Job.
    Your posts touch my heart… We are kindred spirits. God is using your words as a balm to hurting souls. Thank you and may God richly bless you.

• Thank you so much Brenda. I would love to meet my kindred spirit in person! Lord, I ask for healing, deliverance, peace, wisdom and a job in Jesus’ name, amen!! XOXO

16. My husband lost his job last May due to a long battle with sin. I need prayer for my heart to find joy in the New Normal of no longer being a stay at home mom. I have to work 2-3 days a week to help with income due to so long without a job.

• Oh Shari, I’m so sorry. I hope you were ministered to with this blog post today. Lord, give Shari joy again, take the heavy weight off of her, help her to run and not be weary. In Jesus’ name, amen. XOXOX

17. paige says:

Need prayers for some minor financial problems. Thank you!

18. Cindy Winter says:

I am so encouraged that even John the Baptist struggled with doubt. I think I tend to put the Bible characters like him and the disciples on a pedestal at times, but then I realize they were human just like us. Even though they had the living Son of God with them they still doubted and failed and didn’t even recognize Him at times. Dear God, forgive my doubt and unbelief! Our God is so awesome and He loves us so much He keeps accepting us back over and over. He will never leave us or forsake us! Praise His holy name!

19. sarah says:

I’m praying that my daughter will be able focus and improve her grades. Also that she may make wise friend choices.

• Lord help Sarah’s daughter that she will become a stronger student and that her grades will improve! Give her wisdom in choosing friends and help her to see through Your eyes! In Jesus’ name, amen.

20. Praying for relief from horrible neighbor’s that have been harassing me for over two years, including destruction of property, trespassing and threats. I’ve been told by lawyers and police to file a restraining order against them, but our garages face each other in close proximity and I fear the fallout of such a actions. However, I’m sorry to say that I have run out of all the goodness I can muster towards this family and having to live next to them is robbing me of my joy. Everyday I say, this is not going to affect me anymore and them they do something new. I know I should pray for my enemies, but the only prayer I can muster right now is, “GOD, please bless these people with a new address!” I’ve never had this sort of problem before. We’ve always gotten along with our neighbors and have been great friends. I feel like a failure as a Christian example towards them and soooo terribly frustrated and beaten down. Ugh….

21. Jeanie Kelley says:

Please be praying for me and my family. 1. Lupus our cat. I know that this sounds odd, but he has been sick and considered as one of the family. 2 Daniel, our son, who is 13. He has agreed to come to counseling with me so I pray for restoration and a softening of the heart. Please pray that God will begin to use him in a huge way. 3. Warren, my husband, still looking for a job full time with benefits. I have been frustrated with this, but he is at least working temporarily doing taxes. 4. Lastly me, for God to unsettle me. I need this unsettling to see where God really wants me.

• Lord help my dear Jeanie’s son, Daniel. Restore his heart and make him mighty in Your name. Send the job that Warren needs so desperately. Help the cat to recover! and last but not least help Jeanie to see through Your eyes and hear through Your ears Your heart for her life. In Jesus’ name, amen.

22. Denise says:

Family and anxiety.

23. Denise B. says:

Sharon,

I would like prayer for my family…we are in the mist of working through a generational cycle of anger. Please pray for my husband that he understands that he is following in his father’s footsteps with his angry approach to things. (We have done countless difference courses and counselling session to work on this very issue with no prevail.) As I see my two boys, 12 and 9 years of age, following in their father’s footstep of anger, I have sought the help of at our church’s Children and Family Director. (CFD)

I have since took up a topically study on ager and am clinging to James 1:19-20 as my foundation of truth along with a book called Spiritual Parenting by Dr. Michelle Anthony. These two biblical resources along with the help of our CFD from church has helped me to focus on my boys and the need to stop this vicious cycle from continuing.

Please pray for God’s continual wisdom for me and our church’s CFD as we work through family, parental and individual meetings. Pray also for the work of the Holy Spirit within my family members and for me in particular as I focus on James 1:19-20 as a teachable moment for my boys and encourage my husband in other ways in handling his anger. Also pray for us as a family to willing and wholeheartedly seek to get the help we need to end this cycle of anger and begin living within an family environment where the Holy Spirit teaches and guides us into a “righteous life which God desires.”

Thank you so much.

• Lord God please help Denise’s family to break this generational cycle of anger off. Give them an extra portion of Your grace and mercy. Give them a revelation of Your great love. In Jesus’ name, amen.

24. Nancy says:

Healing for my 4 yr.old granddaughter, Elizabeth, for a muscle disorder.

• Jesus we lift Nancy’s granddaughter before Your throne asking for a miracle for her muscle disorder. Lord we ask that You heal her and that she will be perfect in Jesus’ name, amen.

25. Nanci D says:

Trust. This is my word this year. I need to trust God but I get so frustrated because he doesn’t answer prayers easily. I need prayer for wisdom/insight. My husband needs a new job.

• Lord increase Nanci’s faith. Your disciples asked You to increase their ability to believe and You did. Give her wisdom and Your direction. Bless her husband with a job that would provide for the family. Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

26. Margie says:

This post has been just what I needed. Trials+Truth=Triumph.

We are faced with financial problems. What do I need?
    God’s Word, prayer and faith to follow Him through this difficult time.

• I’m so glad Margie! Lord send provisions for Margie and her family. INcrease their faith while they watch You do what only You can do! Thank You!! In Jesus’ name, amen.

27. charmin says:

We urgently need a home within the zone of our kids school..Strength and healing from Breast Cancer..presently on last Checmo…I am so excited to finish Chemo……thank youLord………..

CharminLisa

28. theresa says:

I’d like prayers for my church as it’s going through changes in leadership and many members have left and others feel uncertain about the future.

29. Candace says:

please pray for my daughter, as well as my strength in the Lord. Please pray that the Lord will give her a spirit of obedience, to follow wise instructions (mine as well as thoughs in leadership over her), also that she will not give in to peer pressur that God will help her to stand strong when pressure arises against her to do things ungodly, and also that the Lord will Guard her mouth from filthy evil communication. Pray also for myself that the Lord will help and guide me to be the Mother that I need to be in order to raise her and be an effective positive influence in her life.

• Lord, give Candace Your wisdom and love in raising this daughter. Convict her daughter of Your holiness and purity. Bring Christian’s in her life that will walk along side her. Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

30. Charlotte Askew says:

Good morning Sharon, I need prayer for my baby sister who had been sick several weeks with pneumonia. They did a CT scan last Friday to make sure the pneumonia was gone and discovered that she has nodules in her lungs. Another CT scan of the abdomen is scheduled this Friday to see if there is a mass there that the nodules might have grown from. They will be referring her for cancer treatment. Would you please pray for her.

• Oh my Charlotte! Yes, I will pray! Let me know what happens on Friday. Lord we lift up Charlotte’s sister to You asking for healing for this dear one. If there is any cancer in her body we ask that You will rid her of it before the scans are even done! Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs

31. I would absolutely love to win those two books!! They look wonderful and lately I have an urging to read more; however if you would pray for me that would be equally as wonderful!!

I’m struggling in two areas and I’m waiting to hear from God; I don’t want to do anything unless I’m sure it’s Him. Please pray that I will be sensitive to the spirit and that I will have the confidence to follow through with anything He asks of me. Financially, I have been unstable for years now (about 15 years) and I am praying for a good paying job working with good people. I work around many unbelievers and it’s very difficult most of the time. I would LOVE to work around other believers. Is that too much to ask?

Thank you for your prayers!!!!

• Both of these books are so good and easy to read if you don’t have a lot of time!
      Oh Lord you know Lisha is waiting to hear from You. Make it clear what she is to do, speak to her through Your Word, in her dreams, through other people- while she’s praying! Confirm it Lord! Help her to find a better job, one that You want for her Lord. Provide for her needs for they are many. Thank You Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

• Lisha Parish says:

Sharon,

You are such a sweetheart to pray for all of us like you did!! I cried when I saw your prayer for me; it meant so much that you would take your time to care about me!! I am happy for Tina to win the gift, I know it was hard to pick!!

Thanks again for your faithful work in God’s Kingdom!

32. Becky J says:

Thank you for the encouraging words of truth from THE WORD!! I had a cracked molar that had to be extracted nearly a week ago – I need healing from the infection that settled in that area of my mouth..thank you so much! The Lord be with you all..xo

33. Laurie says:

Please pray for my husband’s schedule and job book be found. He has his own business and cannot bill those who he has done jobs for with out it. God knows where it is, ask Him to lead us directly to it. Thanks.

34. Stacy Fortenberry says:

Please pray for my sister and her children. Her husband of 36 years will be buried today after long battle w cancer. My youngest has chronic stomach issues that steal her joy. Thank you for reminder of trials + Truth = TRIUMPH! That is exciting and inspiring! I am challenged to spend time in word everyday. Thank you! Love, Stacy

• Oh Stacy your poor sister and her children. That breaks my heart in half. I’m so sorry. I’ll pray for them and your youngest. I’m glad the post ministered to you! That means everything to me!
      Lord, bless this family- Stacy’s sister and her kids- comfort them and provide for their every need. Heal stacy’s youngest who has the stomach problems- give them the answers they need for healing. In Jesus’ name, amen.

35. Trish says:

Prayers for financial help in my business and our home. Husband lost his job two years ago still seeking employment to replace it. About to lose everything. We need eyes and ears to hear his direction and the right doors to open. Praising him always!!!

• Oh Trish how awful! Lord Jesus we cry out to you on behalf of Trish asking for a miracle for their finances. Open doors that only You can open! Lead them to where they need to go right now. In Jesus’ name, amen. Hugs

36. I would appreciate prayer for my 7 year old grand daughter, Amy who has been going through chemo for a cancerous tumor. This Friday 3/14 will be having a scan to determine if surgery can be done to remove the tumor, or more chemo is needed. Also for the relationship with son and daughter in law. Thank you, and so appreciate your blogs, God is using them right now in my life.

• Sweet Jean, I’m sorry for all that you’ve been through. The Lord knows your hurt. I’m blessed to know that my blog post have been used by the Lord to minister to you. Lord heal Jean’s granddaughter. Take this tumor away and all side effects. Bless this family and bring unity to them in Jesus’ name, amen.

37. Kathi says:

Prayer for my marriage, for our adult children to be saved, our grandchildren to not be deterred from church by any actions of their parents or anyone else, my mother and uncle buried their mother in November neither one of them is saved they need Jesus, things going on at my job that need to be brought into the light – even if God uses me to do it I need strength. My husband and I went to see the Son of God movie. I was a little upset that the TRUTH wasn’t used, yes they quoted Scripture but Jesus didn’t receive 40 stripes, Jesus didn’t go into the cave/tomb and kiss Lazarus on the head, and Mary didn’t have Jesus in her arms after the crucifixion the body wasn’t removed from the cross until the next day. If this movie is a tool to reach the lost, we need to pray that the lost won’t be turned away because the Truth wasn’t told in the movie calling Christians everywhere hypocrites. Sorry, got off track a bit there. :)

• Kathi thank you so much for giving us a review about the movie. I haven’t seen it and wanted to very much. I haven’t heard reviews so, thank you! Lord we ask for blessings on Kathi’s family, on her marriage, her children and grandchildren. Give her Your wisdom at her job and the leading to do the right thing. Thank You Lord! In Jesus, name, amen.

38. Amber says:

Pray for comfort and confidence in God’s word

39. Audrey says:

I struggle with alcohol abuse. I’ve been saved for 3 years, and for 3 years I’ve begged God to remove this from me. Now, I realize that He is using this for many things, teaching me, strengthening me, keeping me humble in my marriage, but I can’t stand the thought of living like this anymore.God is calling me out for more, but I can’t move on until I let go of the alcohol abuse.

40. melissa says:

This devotion was exactly what I needed today. My husband and I have struggled financially over the last several years. It seemsthings are going great and suddenly hit that wall again. My husband always says things will work out. It is fine. And he is usually right. I know God is my provider and has pulled us through several situations. I struggle with doubt myself sometimes. After a situation yesterday afternoon, this was perfect to get up and read this. I started a journal a month ago and added todays devotion. Also in need of a healing and direction in another situation.
    Thank you.

41. Wendy says:

I need to trust more and be anxious less.

• Lord you delight in giving us good things. Fill Wendy with Your Joy today! Take the burden of anxiety off of her and help her to trust You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

42. Kay Coger says:

My son is seeking an internship before beginning his senior year in college. He has submitted MANY applications but has not heard from any. He has struggled academically but is hanging on and still on track to graduate on time. However, he needs some work experience before he graduates. I know this isn’t life threatening, but the word does say to seek Him in all things. We are calling on the Lord to open doors of opportunity for our son.
    Thank you!

• Lord- open the door that You have prepared for this son. Lead him in Your way and strengthen his faith in You. Make him a mighty man for You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

43. Pride is a huge issue for me, and becoming a mother 18 months ago has helped me see that it’s a problem. Asking for help is very difficult, even when I know I can’t do something (or at least not well).

• Lord use this time to reveal things to Kim that she couldn’t see before. Open her eyes to see the wonderous things you have for her without pride. Bless her Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

44. Please pray that I will have the help of the Holy Spirit to hand over
    my anxiety and worries about my son to The Lord. I pray for reminders
    and nudges from the Holy Spirit to pray IN THE MOMENT, when I worry.
    I need to trust in The Lord that He is taking care of my son.

• Lord God we ask for protection for Michelle’s son. We ask You to use him for Your glory and make him prosper. Give him a hunger for You and Your Word. Thanks You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

45. Please pray for my brother. He has fallen away from The Lord. Also for my husband that he may grow stronger in faith. Thank you!

• Lord help Lena’s brother come back to you just like the prodigal son. Wake him up to Your glory! Bless Lena’s husband with a stronger measure of love for You Lord. Thank You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

46. Amber M says:

Thank you so much for both of your uplifting posts here and on P31. I very much needed this today and ask humbly for prayers. My unbalanced thoughts and feellings get in the way of my happiness. I am searching for the Peace the Jesus offers and want to cling to It and Him.

• Lord take confusion and unbalanced thoughts away from Amber. Help her to be stable in all her thinking and grounded on Truth. Give her a hunger for Your Word so that she may combat lies of the enemy with truth of Your Word. Thank You. In Jesus name, amen.

47. Debbie says:

I moved back home and have been unemployed for the last few months. I am staying with family but with no work it’s getting tight and hard to pay the bills. Please pray for a full-time job. I have asked others for help, and have been praying, but it’s getting hard to continue to trust God even though I know for a fact He wanted me to move back home.

48. Patricia says:

I need prayers for my daughter. Her husband tried to kill her and in defending herself was charged with a felony and two misdeamors. She has told the truth and he has lied in court. She could face a three year mandatory prison term. Please pray for her.

49. Janice says:

Our family business is in financial trouble. Please pray for wisdom and direction for my husband and sons .

50. Heidi Gardner says:

Prayer for my husband and I to be on the same page with direction for our family.

51. Jaydnn says:

Need wisdom, discernment and healing. Praying earnestly for these.
    Desperately pleading to Him.

52. D word of God is most inspiring word I have ever read in life becos it carries God’s Spirit which able to change,transform and create new things in one’s life.it is only d word of God in d inside of us that makes us to shine and becos d d word of god is the light of men when it comes in contact with one’s life it illuminates decipating darkess of any kind(whether darkness of sin,sorrow, sickness,affliction,poverty,depression,disappointment,failure,delay,rising and fallinf etc) it has ability and power to deal with them. So no matter the condition we find ourself,as we trust and believe the word of God,it wil bring all the solution we need in life

53. Prayer that I can rest and trust in the Lord while my husband is in jail for drug abuse.

54. Good morning Sharon,

It is not by chance that I stumbled in your blog. This is God’s grace. Continue to be a disciple of the Lord. Many thanks to you.

I humply ask for prayers for these:
    1. To be a warrior of faith
    2. For my husband to really change for the better in terms of his goals, attitude towards work and responsibility and sticking to his word. May he discover our Lord God and faith as he is an atheist.
    3. May God’s love shine upon my family- mother, sister, and father. That they choose to do good instead of inflicting wounds to each other. That they lean not on their understanding. Please cleanse their heart.
    4. That my sister will not be in love with money and material things in this world. To choose family in terms of helping first. That she may return the family’s wealth.
    5. I humbly ask for God’s protection and safety for my son W and good health always.
    6. That a promotion will happen to me this year in terms of my training career.
    7. That the decision i made recently is correct under God’s grace and that my parents will be able to accept it soon.
    8. That me, my husband and son will be together soon under one roof.
    Many thanks sharon.

55. Barb Metreyeon says:

I love that you reminded me that John “doubled checked” with Jesus. It is such a good reminder that when in doubt, the “truth” will set you free.

56. Heather Gabaldon says:

Need prayer for husband to find a new job and for finances for our family.

57. Lana Lyday says:

Thank you so much for this post – it is just what I needed today!! I’m in need of the Holy Spirit’s direction in my life, and to keep from being anxious and discouraged in the “waiting”. I definitely need more time in the Word…. and this post was the reminder that I needed.

58. Terrie Johnson says:

Thank you for this post. The Lord always seems to find me. I so need his love and patience with me during this time of waiting. My hours went from 40 plus to 16. I have asked him to lead me in the direction of the job that he feels is the best fit for me. I am praying for peace,guidance and trust. I tend to try to fix things myself. Thank you Lord for the challenges as well as the blessing as both help me to reach out to you. I am Not drowning Father Thank you, Love your troublesome child Terrie**

59. I humbly ask for prayers for my adult son for spiritual maturity, job success & God’s will to be done in his life. Also, my own struggles with my job. Thank you.

60. Beckie says:

Thank you for making this point so eloquently. Please pray for me and my family. My marriage is ending and my sons are going to be going through so much while this takes place. I really needed this reminder to keep going back to the truth! The truth does and will set us all free if we only lay down our pride and our burdens and seek his help.
    Many blessings and thanks for all you do!
    Beckie

61. Karmen Steckman says:

Wow, what a wonderful reminder! Thank you so much!! :)

I am need of prayer for guidance and healing of my kidneys and severe insomnia.

What a blessing you both are, Sharon and Dale!!!

62. Mary-Margaret says:

Need prayers that God will lift my own insecurities about myself, and that my husband will become a spiritual leader in our home and grow his relationship with God. Thank you!

63. Judy L. says:

I need prayers for my children and myself as well as my husband. My husband & I separated. This was the last thing I expected. I never imagined a day without him or my kids without their father in the home. I need prayer to understand and accept God’s plan for my life. I need God in my life to help me conquer my insecurities, doubts and fears.
    Thank you!

64. Brittanny says:

I need prayer for the future: relationship and job-wise. Thanks!

65. Today’s post hit home with me. Prisoner in the Third Cell will be a definite purchase if I do not win it. I am currently reading Jesus Calling and am enjoying it very much.

Please pray for me and for my two teenage children. Me– to be able to show them love “no matter what”, even if their choices are not what I would want them to make. My children as they transition into adulthood and through the teenage years. I pray they will have the strength they need to stand strong.

66. Larissa says:

Prayer while I’m in a season of waiting.

67. Oh my so many prayer requests posted in this comment section! So many needs. Oh Lord, I ask You to meet each and every need according to Your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Lord, I pray You reach down and give each one of the people listed on this page hope, because You are the God of hope! We can trust You and place our confidence in YOU, our living God!

Sharon, thank you for this encouraging post. It was a timely message for me today as I feel beaten down as I wait on God’s promises to be fulfilled.

Blessings-

68. Prayers covering my heart cry that my husband and I are softened in heart and obedient to God so that we are able to overcome 16 years of a terribly broken marriage. That we find TRUTH through answers in the word, prayer and corporate prayer, and through our own individual love story with Jesus – the one sent by God, our father, to shed His blood FOR US, so that we can live in ALL that He died for TODAY (and that we are lead to those truths in the word). That our old ways – of the past 16 years – become renewed by our total surrender to the Lord – our ONLY ANSWER. That we each die to the self and come to life as joyful children of God – ready to walk out a REAL marriage in LOVE and Freedom through Christ Jesus, and according to His word. That we HONOR GOD by living for Him and NOT this world. That we renew each day with our love for God and that we invite His Spirit to dwell among us again. That we allow one another a personal relationship with the Lord God and that we encourage one another in our personal walk with Him and that these personal relationships with our Creator are honored and ordered that they reign as the most important relationships in our Lives, and then for the marriage to follow after that, as second in priority to our own Life in Christ. That all of this become our truth and when we feel stuck, distracted or discouraged, that we pray and turn to the word of God, but even more important that we are able to lay our burdens down before other believers and are freed to ask for prayer from them, and even guidance in being led to the truth through the word of God.

• Lord Jesus, we ask in hope and faith that Jodi’s and her husband’s marriage will see healing and growth in love for one another. We ask that you will guide them into all truth and whisper your love to take anything not of You away. We pray for protection from you Lord to keep them in the center. Thank you Lord for your peace and we ask that you give Jodi her heart’s desire. In Jesus’ Holy name we ask these blessings! Love blessings and More.

69. Dianna Sharpe says:

On December my husband was hospitalized with punemonia, then he had heart problems got out for one day and went back for pancreatitis. So we spent the month of December in the hospital. He had to have a scan for a spot on the pancreas today.In the meantime three weeks ago he had a heart attack and had three stents placed. We celebrated our first anniversary in January;my prayer request is that the ct is good and that we will keep our eyes on our Lord and not grow weary.

• Lord Jesus, thank you watching over Dianna and her husband through this season in life and bringing healing and strength, to the highest in their lives. Jesus we ask that you would give them a perfect CT scan and that they will go home and be well soon. We give you the Glory Lord in what you have done in their lives to stand fast and love You, even while facing the impossible. In Jesus’ name we ask!

70. Peggy says:

I need prayers for my son, who is incarcerated. Please pray for guidance in his spiritual life, maturity, and with his mental health issues. He has bipolar disorder and impulse control problems. Also, please pray for him to develop more insight into his mental health issues and social challenges.

• Lord Jesus thank you Peggy’s son who is loved and seen by you. We ask Jesus that you will bring clarity and conviction into who you are Lord and who he is. We ask that you would redeem him by your blood and that he will be saved. We ask this even now Lord as we know you are doing more to protect him in incarceration from darkness and bringing light into every thought he has. Thank you Lord for bringing healing into Peggy’s son’s life!

71. Selina says:

I need prayer for the TRUTH to come out! My grandchild was molested by a our pastor who is denying it. This is not his first time under allegations but I need for this to be the last time. My family is hurting we need TRUTH and healing this was someone I trusted with my whole family. Lord help us!

• Lord Jesus we ask for your Spirit to bring truth to this family and church’s life. We ask Lord to cover Selina’s grandchild with your healing wings to allow her to thrive and be well. We pray Lord for speedy justice in this Pastor’s walk and life. We ask for your peace to flow around this family and church and may your name bring Love and contentment! In Jesus’ name!

72. Susan says:

I need prayer for finances. This has been an ongoing problem for several years and I am TIRED. Please, please pray.

• Lord please open your storehouse to bless Susan with a breakthrough of finances, spiritual blessings and love. As her daughter, please give her supernatural strength to climb these mountains for you and rest in that you are giving her your best help. In Jesus’ name we ask for a double portion Lord!

After reading through some of the comments (prayer needs) that are represented on your blog, I realize that current circumstance is really not that troubling. However, I do know that God cares about all our needs, so,….my prayer is that He will strengthen my faith and help me to simply rest in His perfect love and grace. I was reminded of this Scripture:
    2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. Thank you for your continued faithfulness to share God’s Word in such a tender and constructive manner. Blessings to you!

74. michelle h says:

courage to “take my hands off my life”!

• Lord Jesus, we ask for courage to live life stronger and faithful to you. We ask Jesus that you will wrap your arms around Michelle and love her to her deepest parts. We ask for your protection with your angels as you promised in Psalm 91. We ask for Life in Jesus’ name!

75. Christina Lyon says:

13 days ago our precious newborn, Charlotte Anne, was born 5 weeks early. She’s currently in the NICU because she won’t take all of her bottle. She needs to take at least 70-75% and she’s at about 50%. She’s our 5 the child and due to complications I had to have a hysterectomy. It all just hit me today and I feel “crushed and perplexed”! I’ve prayed and prayed and now I’m crying. I feel hopeless. I know that this is just a season but my arms are empty at home. Please pray that Charlotte will take her bottles and that I will know the love of God!

• Lord Jesus we ask that you will bring healing to Charlotte Anne’s body even now to eat and thrive. We pray for a joy blessing over Christina’s and her family’s life, that she will feel and trust that you are with her more than ever. We ask Father that you will lift the hopeless feeling and bring Charlotte Anne home soon! In Jesus’ name we ask!

76. Charlie Potchad says:

My husband has been diagnosed with lymphoma….prayers for healing.

• Lord thank you for Your Light in this couple’s life. We ask that you will comfort them through this hard time of suffering and visit them in their life in every moment. We trust that you are bringing healing from cancer even now to Charlie’s body, we ask this as your believers in Jesus’ Name!

My husband is undergoing bladder cancer treatment. He has some discomfort and needs to find the Lord as his comfort and source of peace. Pray this event would turn his heart to the Lord. May I be a light to him and prepare the way for him to enter into God’s Kingdom.

• Lord, We thank you for life and solid marriage in this couple, that you are with them now and in the future. We ask that Kathy will continue to be a loving witness of You and she will bring Your light to her husband to the deepest parts of his heart. We ask Father that you will comfort them in this hard time of suffering and bring Your Healing Hand to work with the doctors and bring Your Perfection in his life and body. In Jesus’ Name we ask!

78. Colleen says:

I just wanted to say “Wow” and thank you for this and your sharing on Proverbs 31. Sometimes it does seem to be one thing after the other until we stop, get still, and listen. I often take walks in this Montana ranchland that is my temporary home and I just talk to God – pouring it all out. Then I praise and thank Him in the midst of the “lesson” and sing my lungs out for Him!! He is the answer – always! Praying and reading His Words give perspective and peace. Every breath is potential communion and opportunity to praise and seek Him. Thank you for sharing, Sharon. I appreciate you, My Sister in God!

79. Shelly W says:

Thank you for providing a place to request prayer. I am thankful for His love and understanding. I am thankful for your loving heart and desire to share His word with the world.

80. I ask for prayers to tear down the idols I have made of food and body image in my life. I pray to put God first and to seek Him always.

• Lord only You know Kate’s heart and all she struggles with, help her. Encounter her as never before Lord. Give her the strength to do what You are asking of her. In Jesus’ name, amen.

81. I need to get right with God and love my husband as I should. It is hard. I need God to be with me during this time. My heart is not in it fully.

82. I do not love my husband as I should. He is a good man, but things have changed. I need God’s guidance as to what to do. I need to get right with God.

83. Our 7 year old son has a kidney disease. We have been praying for several years that God would heal him.

• Lord we ask for a supernatural healing for Stacy’s son. You told us to ask and we are asking and believing for complete healing. Thank You Jesus. In Jesus’ name, amen.

84. Karen says:

Prayer for my husband and I who have not been getting along for awhile.

85. Dona Haggerty says:

Thank you for sharing this devotion today. God brought it to me just when I needed it the most!!!
    We need prayer for our finances! My husband (66 years old) is the pastor of a
    very small church. We have raised 7 children and we have no savings.
    We just got hit with a $850 car repair bill.
    At the same time we are in the middle of planning our daughters wedding on a very small budget … which is just three months away.
    We have mounting medical bills for my husband and myself (I am 61).
    PLEASE PRAY FOR US! Thank you!

• Oh Dona- I SO feel your pain about the car and medical bills!
      One of our five daughters is getting married in less than three months as well! Lord, Jesus please send provisions for this dear family. Open the window of heaven and pour out on them such blessings that they won’t be able to contain them all. Cover them with Your peace that passes all understanding and be glorified through the wedding and every other part of their life. In Jesus’ name, amen. Love YOU!

86. Please pray that I will have a very great hunger for God’s Word!!! Thank you so much, Sharon for prayer and for your writings.

• You are so welcome LaNelle! Lord, may it be as LaNelle asks of You, that her hunger for the Word will be unquenchable! Work mightily in her! In Jesus’ name, amen.

87. Sharon, The gentleness that flows from God in your life is refreshing to my soul. The timing of His words through your life come very personal to me. This season in my life is one none of us look forward to, yet much of His tenderness can be found. My mom is facing many years of doing life in her own power, coming to a crash landing. With many previous crash landings, from terminal cancer 10 years ago, to breaking her neck 2 years ago, God has revealed himself to us in ways that have brought His love into our relationships. I so Lift Him up in praise, for this victory.
    Now facing the last enemy to be destroyed, death, is very welcomed by my Mom. Yet the Lord knows the day and the time. She is so ready, and finds herself rebelling in His delay. Just a few minutes ago we talked on the phone, prayed and read ‘Jesus Calling’ and the scriptures that were referenced. His refreshing love was embraced.
    I am requesting prayer for God’s insight, that I might be very aware of my impulsive desire to fix, to provide answers, diet, exercise. That I know when to let go, and when to assist, while continually yielding and moving in His loving power. My One Word, for this year is gentle. So thankful for the Fruit of the Spirit, because in my flesh I am anything but, gentle.

• Dear sweet Shae, I’m so sorry it’s been so hard. Lord, God give Shae Your love for her mom, Your wisdom for her words and Your gentleness when she feels anything but! Reveal Yourself to Shae’s mom Lord! Speak to her as only You can. Thank You! In Jesus’ name, amen.

88. McKala Nehring says:

My trial is to let the positive sound louder and stronger than the negative things I tell myself. When a task is overwhelming I just give up. God is in all things and I know he will guide me and carry me if I let him. I will give strength to learn, and build from these overwhelming feelings a sense of hope and strength :)

• Lord increase MaKala’s strength in You. Help her to run and not be weary. Give her Your eyes to see and your ears to hear so that she can be faithful in all things. Thank You! In Jesus’ name, amen.

89. Kellie says:

My family needs “HOPE”

90. Joanne Peterson says:

We need help with our two little boys with the adoption issues, attachment issues, constant chaos from deliberate messes, disobedience, aggression, exhaustion, and then the resulting marriage issues from burnout.

Thank you Sharon for your prayers.

91. Dear Sharon,

I have been finding the challenges of raising a teenage son in my fifties with the added challenge of my blindness and four adult daughters with their challenges rather overwhelming. There are seasons of great joy and the girls and my son are all so lovely. It’s hard to know how to pray sometimes, this is where I come unstuck, how do I pray for the crumbling marriage of my eldest daughter? How do I pray for the mental stability for my third daughter, and how do I pray for my second and fourth daughter to see that Jesus is the ‘way the truth and the life’? My son is such a blessing but he definately needs a lot of encouragement to do the right thing. I know this is part of parenting and God has ordained it this way, and how do I help my husband who is facing incredible bullying and harrassment at work to the point where it is affecting his health? We know that Jesus shows us the way and he experienced great trials and persecutions and we are walking in his footsteps, I often wonder how much we are supposed to ‘manage’ our path when we are supposed to leave it up to God.

I am hoping and praying that things will settle a little so everything isn’t a struggle. Thank you so much for your encouragement, it means so much to know that I can always find strength to help in time of need.

Sending you love as I wait for Jesus,

Ruth.

92. Diane Fetter says:

I would love prayer for wisdom in making decisions on caring for aging parents. That my Mom’s heart would be soften and she would deal with years of bitterness. For unity with my siblings to work together to solve problems.
    Thanks for the prayers. this has been a prayer concern for many years now. In the past few weeks I’m starting to see God work. and I praise Him for that.

93. Sharon I read your blog faithfully and am ALWAYS encouraged and blessed. I found the Proverbs 31 website over a year ago when I was very sick and in depression due to prescribed medication for asthma. I found such comfort and peace in my darkest moments reading your blog and began searching God’s word again. I can proclaim that my Trials+Truth = Triumph in my life. My husband and I were led to a wonderful church and I know that through this difficult time that God was calling me back to Him. I have been strengthened by your faithfulness to walk daily with God and seek His truth. Thank you so much for your shining light in a dark world. My need: that I will continue to walk in His light and that my life will be a light to others so they can know the joy and love of Christ. Love and blessings.

94. Connie says:

My oldest son needs revelation, his eyes need opened to the truth and then repentance. I know because of his lying he has opened the door for sin to operate in his life, he has always twisted the truth to make his wrong choices look right and he’s deceived because he believes that it’s working. I love your blog.

95. Sharon, we were talking about this very passage of Scripture Sunday night at “small group”. It is incredible to think of John questioning as to whether Jesus was the Messiah, especially after all John had declared and seen and no doubt would have been taught since birth because of his own father’s encounter with the angel prior to his conception and his mother’s filling with the Spirit when Mary visited. Gracious, his life began with so many “God-stories”! You think…how can he have doubts?

That brings to mind another Scripture: John 20:29, “Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’

Powerful post here again my friend, and wonderful Biblical guidance. I love you tons, and your faithfulness to God’s Word.
    Hugs,

96. Please pray for our family business. We are facing some tough choices in this present economy. This is also causing a lot of problems in our family relationships. Thank you & bless you. I love your blog!

97. Please pray for health problems due to an ongoing addiction. Healing and freedom from oppression.
    Thank you and bless you.

98. Diana T. says:

This, being my first post, really enjoyed reading Sharon Glasgow’s devotion on “Overcome by Love!” Every thought, every sentence, every word touched my heart particularly “She whispered an answer to my unspoken question: “He was a drug addict. A couple of months ago he surrendered his life to Christ and is now free from his addiction. He’s overcome by love for Jesus!”

About that time an elderly woman and man started to dance with him. They were his grandparents. For years, this couple had steadfastly prayed for their grandson.!”

I too am a grandma… my grandson is 13 yrs. old (he is autistic, but is doing very well) and my granddaughter is 7 years old. Their mom [my daughter] is 31.

Anyway, being a grandma has not been easy by any means. You see, I am over 1100 miles away from them and unfortunately my daughter is the ‘breadwinner’ and her husband is the “stay at home parent.” I do hear from my daughter about every 3-4 mos., via phone and about once a month via email. My daughter and her family lives in San Diego, CA [where I am originally from] and I live in a rural area named Sheridan, OR. Oh, it’s a very long story, which I hope to unravel as I post and as I comment on this site’s blog, Twitter, Pinterest, and other outlets.

I have not read most of the blogs, etc, being the first time here and all, but I hope to get to know you all, little by little, as I delve into the varied ways of communicating. What’s super exciting is the fact that I have opportunities to take some online Bible Studies and then answer or make comments on this and other blogs within your site!

I also loved the part entitled; “Trial + Truth= triumph!” I have a happy feeling I am going to find me liking a lot about this site and learning and growing together w/ most, if not all, of you ladies! I am so excited to be here and in having to humble myself in God leading me here!

God Bless,
    Diana Toohey (“2e”)

99. Julia says:

I am asking my God to heal my sister from the GIST cancer she has. Father again I am asking for healing mercy that you will remove the tumor in her stomach. All this I ask in the name of Jesus. I believe that you can heal her and only you.

100. Katherine McPherson says:

I need prayer so I can move on from divorce yet continue to pray for my ex-husband. He is a drug and porn addict.