He Gives His Angels Charge to Protect You

AngelIt was nearly midnight as I rolled into the gas station in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. I opened the gas cap  to pump the gas and a group of motorcycle riders surrounded me. They wore leather vests and jackets with symbols I didn’t understand. The one who spoke had scars all over his face with fingerless leather gloves and chains hung from under his vest. He demanded that I fill the tank and then they would take a ride with me, I was mortified to say the least.  At that point the gas wouldn’t pump, happy I told them it wasn’t working and that I needed to go inside and get help.

Inside the station a man dressed just like the bikers sat behind the counter. I told him the gas pump wasn’t working  and apprehensively told him about my offenders outside. Without looking up he turned the pump on and said, “You’re on your own.”

As I pumped gas they came in closer and I felt a knife touch the back of my neck. Another knife drew in front of me. I prayed as I pumped the gas that the Lord would rescue me. The gas station closed, the lights went off-my hope for another car to pull up was over.

He told me to get in and they would tell me where to drive—I got in.  They opened the other three doors, but as they arched their bodies to get in- they jumped back and started to run away. They ran to their motorcycles. While they ran I drove off with the doors still open. Bam, bam the doors hit the concrete posts that protect the gas tanks.

Shaking I drove home thanking the Lord for protecting me. A couple of times I looked in the back seat wondering what they had seen. What had they seen that caused them to run? Angels ?

Rarely are we allowed to see the unseen realm of angelic protection defending us. But we know that the Word of the Lord is true and in Psalm 91: 11-15 He says;

“He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up…Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.”

That incident happened when I was in college, I’ll never forget how God protected me.

Dale and I often read or quote Psalm 91 before going to sleep at night because, he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty!  He is our refuge and our fortress in Him we put our trust.

Be blessed this weekend in the power and strength of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who was and is and is to come!!!!

To read Entertaining Angels Unaware post click here.

Comments

1. Doreen Armstrong says:

Thank you for sharing – I read Psalm 91 often.

2. Amazing story of how God protected you!

Glad I found your blog — I’m enjoying reading through older posts.

3. charmin says:

God knows I needed this article this morning…..I had a negative mamogram report and I know I am HEALED and that the doctor is wrong but by reading this article it helped to know that God is with you nomatter what you mind says..your spirit should always say”He will never leave you nor forsake you” Thank You…God bless

• Lord be glorified through Charmin, shelter her under Your wings and flood her with Your peace. Heal her body from top to bottom in Jesus’ name, amen! love, sharon

• Lord, be glorified in and through Charmin. Flood her with Your peace, Your healing and Your confidence in Jesus’ name, amen! Love you!

4. Psalm 91 has been coming up for me for a few weeks now. I will write it down for the nightstand! Thanks for sharing right straight from the heart and being willing to just be open and real. This is another powerful and strengthening story!

5. That was a great post. So glad He is our protection.

6. Woohoo Sharon! Love your story. Yes indeed, He has His angels keep charge over us! YEA God!!! Praising Him! thanks for sharing.

7. So needed this today. I will pray this Psalm for my youngest daughter also. He IS our refuge. God is so amazing, thank you for sharing how he protected you. Blessings Anna

8. Marilyn says:

You’ll never know how powerful this was today as another friend and I were praying with a gal who is really struggling. My friend prayed for Angels to minister to her…she didn’t know I had brought along a copy of your devotion to share. God is so good! We read your passage from Psalm 91. It ministered to us all. Thank you. Love you!

9. Incredible – thanks for the reminder how the Lord truly protects us.

10. God is an amazing God and Protector. Jehovah Jireh provided a way of escape so you could share the story with others. …so glad you did!

11. Linda from pa says:

Sharon God knew back in your college years that you would be writing
    This blog. He knew that you would be speaking and writing as a mentor
    To other women for HIS glory. God had a plan for you

God chased those men from the car because He had a plan for you!

He has a plan for all of us.

Thanks for sharing your angel story.

• You’re so right Linda, He has a plan for us all–in some instances we’ll never know His purposes or protections until we’re in eternal glory. Oh the life of faith!!!

12. sheeba m says:

I have known and seen of Our Lord’s presence many times in my life and as I grow older it feels stronger…Last year when I had a car accident(at no fault of mine) just minutes after I had dropped my son off at his preschool, I knew the Lord was with me all through it all. I felt the wings of His presence wrap me up and fill me with love and comfort. I was weeping with joy with that physical touch from our God.So even as I drove and watched the other car hit me, I knew out loud that God was there.Who knows the mysteries of Our Lord’s plans but we can surely trust Him with our lives.

13. Read this to a group of University students as we were travelling home this weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. What a testimony and encouragement of God’s protection and personal care. WOW! Thank You Lord for Your hand on Sharon’s life, from such a young age. Her walk with You is challenging me to take You at Your Word.

The other morning I read in Acts 19 that “God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul”. I immediately thought of you. The Lord has worked in you and through you in very unique ways. I don’t hear stories like you share, from personal experience, on a constant basis elsewhere, yet it is a lifestyle for you. Your walk with the Lord really is challenging me to believe Him…believe His Word…live His Word.

Thank You for constantly reminding me we serve a LIVING God who is alive and active and longing to show Himself to us.
    Love you,

• Thank you Joy! I’m so glad you shared it with the University students, it helps us all to know how God is working on our behalf in the unseen realm! I hope you had a blessed Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend.
      Love that chapter in Acts:). He is the same today as yesterday and will be tomorrow! Love you!!!

14. Wow, what an incredible story. Have you read David Jeremiah’s book about angels? Very informative. Thanks for sharing this story Sharon. What an Awesome God!

15. Mrs. Sharon.
    I was drawn in to read your inspiring writing that has to be from the very mind of the Holy Spirit Jesus sent to us. My wife and I have had one storm after another that I won’t trouble you with the details. But as I was getting up and down all night long praying each time out to mercifully to God for Help with all these Storms that won’t stop coming to me and Shannon (my wife). He cut on my smart phone for sure and I looked over at it and it was even open to my email! My encouragement for today was their and I acknowledge that it was my Lord leading me to read it. Oh my Lord is so Good!! Thank you for being obedient to God and I’m telling you my life is changed!! My wife will be getting up soon and I know that God has made us one in Him and it is going to touch her to. THANK YOU!! We will be reading more of your writing and please just keep on with Him. I know His hands is on your hand to write. Just wanted you to know how it touched me. I am a husband and father of 5 kids who all have grown and gone but one. My 14 year old daughter and she has that disease called (teenager). God bless you and your family.

• Anonymous says:

That comment went or I put it in the wrong place it was actually meant to go into today’s letter you wrote about Storms in our life and how we compare them with when Jesus was in the boat asleep and his disciple’s were worrying. Sorry I’m 47 and my teenage daughter says I shouldn’t own a smart phone. I think she may be right.

16. carol says:

My husband and I have been having a lot of disagreements concerning my daughter, what the bible says about different subjects which I don’t want to get in to and how we interpt what the bible says….his opinion are different than mine and we bicker, but he thinks he is always right.He says its pulling us apart and I’m getting afraid to talk to him about anything concerning the bible. I don’t know what to do I don’t want to lose my husband.

• Anonymous says:

I will pray and agree with you that God will step in this situation. I have seen this before and usually the humble one will just stop stating their opinion and to me that person is taking on the attitude of Jesus. Its good that you both know The Lord and a lot of times we all take our eyes off of him and put them on different subjects but if we would fix our eys on him each time something arises in a argument or discussion of His word then I think that the fact that His love for us and how he hung on that cross we all will agree. That is what my wife and I did when we started fussing about the same things or sounds the same as your situation. We just made a agreement we would stop and not talk about the subject we was disagreeing on and we would fall back to the Cross and how He hung there knowing all He knew. It took a little while and we still will fuss off and on but for the better we just stop talking about the disagreement’s and we started praying together about thanking him for what he did. I am not real good at explaining things but I will pray now for you and your husband.

17. Judy L. says: