The Overflow of His Shekinah Glory

This was the sunrise that Jesus and I shared in North Dakota

This was the sunrise that Jesus and I shared in North Dakota

His Presence is like a radiant fire of joy within us that overflows because He is uncontainable!  The Hebrew word for the dwelling (or Presence of God) is Sh’cheenah or as we pronounce it Shekinah.  That Presence is what Jesus says dwells within Him and He in us, we who are His disciple’s.

This past weekend I traveled to North Dakota to speak at Crystal Springs Baptist Camp Retreat.  The overflow of His Shekinah Glory was powerful.

I had been waiting in airports all day from weather delays.  It was late and they finally cancelled all departing flights.

I found a flight for the next day, going into a different city and to a hotel!  It was late.  I proceeded to the long cab line, opened my cab door, threw in my bags, shut the door and all of a sudden the glory of the Lord filled the cab.  I mean, we hadn’t even driven 20 feet from the curb and we were giving testimony to the power of His glory!  The cab driver was from Nigeria and for the next hour we were worshipping together the glory of the One who filled us! We had revival right there in the cab! Oh my, the overflow of His Shekinah Glory!

After a few hours of sleep, I got in another taxi.  This time I shared the cab with a Jewish man and an Ethiopian driver.  God’s presence immediately filled the cab. I felt this overwhelming love (Jesus’ love) for the two men.  We talked non-stop for an hour- when we got to the airport it was like saying goodbye to best friends.  I got to share the power of Jesus’ name, and it was good. Oh my- the overflow of Shekinah Glory!

I got into the airport and noticed my flight was delayed, again.  Wall to wall people stood waiting for flights. With no available seat I stood in a corner, opened my Bible and noticed a man looking at me.  I looked up and made eye contact.  He said, “What are you reading?” I said, “The Bible.” He waited for my next words.  I said, “Do you know Jesus?” He said, “No, I’m Hindu.”

Immediately the Lord took us to the deepest places of His heart. I was blown away at how fast we were going to His heart. I looked up and saw that my flight had been delayed another half hour.  I thought to myself I’ll never make it to my destination, today.  Then the Hindu said, “Will you pray for me?” Jesus! I said to myself!!  You are amazing me!!  I said, “Yes!” and we prayed! It was powerful! Oh my, the overflow of His Shekinah Glory!

I got to the retreat ON TIME to speak to speak for my first session. The power of His presence filled that campsite!

At the close of the retreat, women came forward weeping.  They wept because He so overflowed within them that there was no other emotion than tears because of the inexpressible joy.  The overflow of His Shekinah Glory!

The retreat attendees all left, going into all parts of North Dakota, some parts of South Dakota and Minnesota.  I sat alone with the Lord at sunset and imagined the fire of revival traveling with them.  It was good.

I sensed the Lord’s glory in my sleep.  He woke me when it was still dark outside.  All the ladies were gone.  I was alone with Him.  I started to worship Him, loudly!  No one could hear me.  It got intense.  I felt like I needed to go outside.  Typically, I would have been afraid to go outside- I mean what kind of wild animals lurk before dawn in ND?  Bears, coyotes, snakes? I didn’t know, but I had to go out.  I started to run around like a little girl who was totally freed from all inhibition and worshipped.  I wept tears from the inexpressible joy that was exploding in me. Who can contain it?!  His Shekinah Glory!

2 Chronicles 7:2-3″And the priests could not enter the house of the LORD, because the glory of the LORD had filled the LORD’S house. When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the LORD, saying: “For He is good, for His mercy endures forever.”

Paul told us in Roman’s “Know ye not that you are the temple of God?” If we confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved. Then, His Presence fills us. God’s ultimate goal was always that He would dwell within His people (Jer.31:31-33). When we accept Jesus we become the temple of His Shekinah GLORY!

It is interesting that when the children of Israel had experienced the glory of the Lord coming down they were overcome and praised Him.

His presence, His Shekinah Glory compels us to proclaim:

“For He is good, for His mercy endures forever.”

The overflow of His Shekinah Glory goes before and around us- Many times filling cabs, airports and everywhere along our journey. We are conduits of His Shekinah Glory! Halleluiah!!

Comments

1. And then a woman, sitting at her computer, in the kitchen of her home, reads how God manifest His presence in, around and through you and is filled with the overflow of His Shekinah Glory!

“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Eph 3:20-21

With love and prayers,

2. Joanne Peterson says:

Oh Sharon, this makes me long for it! I had never before know what Shekinah Glory was before this post. I knew of the smoke and how the priests could not minister, but this fleshes that out! Blessings, Joanne

3. Amen! The whole earth is filled with His Glory! Fill us to the brim and overflowing!

4. Amy Brown says:

Oh Sharon! It was so wonderful meeting you in ND. My drive with my mother-in-law was blessed as well. It was amazing how God stired and stired during prayer and praise time until I had to stand up or blow up. It wasn’t easy summarizing our current battles, but I think the women understood that my message to them was “God is bigger than middle school! He is bigger than doubt. He is working even when we neglect his word, temporarily lose sight of how trustworthy he is and get a little lost in the season.”

God has continued to show me his presence. Throughout the night and next morning the Holy Spirit seemed to get bigger and bigger inside of me as if to say, “Can you hear me now?”

God is bigger than middle school, girl dramma, and my shortcomings! This momma can raise another child to successful adulthood despite the negative influences growing in this hurting world. I don’t care if she delivers newspapers for the rest of her life, what I mean by sucessful is that our prayers will be answered and the Holy Spirit will work in her, growing her faith, drawing her near, showing her how big her God is that she asked into her heart.

Reading through Proverbs together, as my older daughter recommended is such a blessing. What would we do without the word of God? I cannot fathom it. God bless you! I am so glad you got home safe and so glad to have met you.

• Amy- the blessing was all mine to meet you! You should think about coming to the conference in Charlotte, NC next summer called She Speaks! you would love it. Hugs, Sharon

5. Charlotte Askew says:

Sharon, as I read this post I could literally feel my heart swelling within me. My insides felt like they would explode from the joy of the Lord. I get so excited when I see Him work in ways such as what you experienced.

I would have ran and jumped and praised with you sweet lady. I would have been the second voice yelling to the world of His love.

Praise God Almighty, He has set me free from bondage too many times to count. When I face battles of any kind, I need only yell His name and He comes…..He comes and frees me from those battles. Praise the Father, Son and Holy Ghost…AMEN and AMEN

6. Sharon, I had to come back. I just walked in the door from Bible Study at the church…and guess what we were learning about tonight…?? The Shekinah Glory of God!!! I’m not kidding!!

One thing that I thought was so beautiful. A quote was read from a book authored by a Jewish man. He was writing about the Priests who went to the temple. Do you that they would not even speak God’s Holy Name. When they would come to His Name in a reading, they would read it as “the ineffable Name”. Ineffable of course meaning “not able to be expressed, inexpressible”. They wouldn’t speak it because of it’s sacredness. In fact, when the priests would say “the ineffable Name”, all those hearing that expression would close their eyes because the Shekinah Glory of God would come down and no-one can see God and live. Eyes closed in holy reverence and awe as God’s glory fell upon them. I just thought that was so beautiful.

Don’t you love it when God repeats His message to you in less than 5 hours! He wants me aware and acknowledging His Shekinah Glory.

Praise You…for Your ineffable Name,
    PS. I have a friend who’s daughter’s name is Shekira…oh may she grow to radiate God’s glory.

• I love that!!!!!!!!!!!! How often do you hear about the Shekinah Glory of God? That is so Him!!!! Thank you for sharing what you learned, I didn’t know all of that!!! WOW!

Love, Sharon

7. Sheila says:

Your traveling experience would have left many people frustrated, angry, bitter and yelling at others because of delays that are beyond their control. How humbling it is to know that God used each delay for you to share His word. You are truly blessed.

8. Brittanny says:

Thank you for that post! How amazing how He places us uniquely in places at exactly the right time all for his purpose! Just yesterday I was caught in a bad rain storm trying to locate a friend’s house I had never been to before. My GPS system could not locate where I was and kept taking me off the main road….a good 40 minutes later it finally came back and lead me to my destination. I later learned that there was a major accident on the road I was supposed to be on! Sent shivers down my spine because I knew He was protecting me!

What is Shekinah mean? I’ve never heard it before but praise be to God! haha 🙂

• The original Hebrew word (Shekinah) means the dwelling or settling of THE DIVINE PRESENCE OF GOD…….Shekinah ( “dwelling of God” ).
      He ( Jesus Christ ) who dwelt in the cloud and in the tabernacle ( Ex 14.19; Ex 40.34-35; 1 Co 10.1-4 ), became flesh and dwelt among us ( John 1.14 ), and now dwells in us, “Christ in you, the hope of glory” ( Col 1.27 ).

9. Tracey Beukes says:

Wow, wow, wow Sharon!!!! Praise the Lord!! Reading this message today was like being in His presence … His Shekinah Glory!! I literally got goosebumps!! Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us, and reminding me to take His Shekinah Glory wherever I go.

10. Sherry Melvin says:

This was your devotion for the 29th. I was actually on the road traveling to a women’s conference yesterday so I wasn’t able to read this but it wasn’t meant for me to read it until now. This very moment, 5:30am the 30th. This was so powerful to me this morning, I’m not a morning person so the Shekinah woke me up to put this Word in me. We are waiting on 300 ladies from all walks of life and all kinds of “stuff” surrounding them. I pray that the Shekinah would meet them as they begin their journeys this morning and filled them even before they cross the threshold for this hotel. Thank you Sharon.

11. Tiffiny says:

12. Ya…it’s me again.

This morning I was reading in Acts about when Philip shared with the Ethiopian sitting in his “cab”…well…”chariot”…the Bible times taxi. *smile* It immediately made me think of you and your encounter with the Ethiopian cab driver. As Philip shared the Scripture with this man, you did likewise, following the example set by an earlier disciple of the Lord. I just loved that modern day, paralleled example of God’s Word coming alive with such similarity. I don’t know if you had to run to catch your “chariot” as Philip did, but I’m guessing it ended the same…”he went on his way rejoicing”.

Just wanted to share that. Hope you’re having a wonderful time with a couple of your girls home visiting.
    Hugs, love and prayers,

13. Even though I didnt get the blessed privilege of meeting you as in talking to you, I was one of the many ladies that was able to attend the ND Ladies Retreat. I am a busy mom of 6 young ones and privileged to be able to homeschool the 5 oldest. Needless to say with 5 boys and 1 girl…my life is rarely dull! A lot of “hoops’ had to be jumped thru for me to be able to attend the retreat but God was faithful and allowed me to attend. I came needing to be refreshed and renewed and i def. was not disappointed. I have put in different places of my home the words…Choose Joy….and with the Lord’s help I am striving to do that each day. Thank you for being willing to be used of God in helping me to grow closer to the Lord. Blessings to you!

• Oh how I wish I could have given you a hug and talked to you personally! Praise God you were able to attend!! I remember well how hard it was to do much of anything when we were raising our 5 other than be a mother and wife! I’m praying for you today! I hope we’ll have the opportunity to meet again, soon!Love and hugs!

14. Oh Sharon, this post today touched me deeply. That bursting joy that takes our breath away – it’s such a thing of beauty. I feel like you captured so well (especially the part about what might be lurking out there in the dark) the feeling that it just can. not. be. contained! Those moments where you just want to Shout To The Lord, all the earth, let us sing – they are gifts right from our Abba. Shekinah Glory overflows, indeed! This just filled my own heart with joy this morning. Thank you!

15. Love this, Sharon, thanks for sharing all the glorious details. What an encouragement! Love and Hugs to you.

16. Came to your site through P31 Ministries. All of your blog posts have truly blessed me, your honesty and love for the Lord are so encouraging. This post, however, is extra special. I long for God’s presence to rest with me to that degree, He breathes such joyful purpose into the routine of daily life.