The 30 Day Journey to Power

30 Day Journey to Power

I got the most amazing gift in the mail. It was from a woman who was at a conference that I spoke at a little over a month ago.  I had challenged the audience to read every day for a month: Ephesians 1 and 3 and John 17: 20-26,  Jesus’ last will and testament.  This woman DID it.  She then journaled the experience and sent me her journal.  She had also taken in-depth notes at the conference and wrote down revelations that God had spoken to her. It was the MOST powerful 30 days I’ve ever read about! Powerful, profound, and supernatural are just a few words to describe it.

I posted about it on Facebook, and many responded saying they were going to take the challenge, too. For days after I posted it when people saw me, they instantly said, “I’m taking the 30 day challenge!” After these people journal their month, I’m planning on writing a short 30 Day Challenge booklet with my teaching using some of their experiences along with my own. I’m so excited!  I’ve already started writing it.

This lady wrote the good, the bad, and the ugly of how she felt every day.  She wrote of her challenges of not wanting to read and how she didn’t get anything out of it on some days. She told of the distractions that tried to overshadow the desire to follow through. Writing the hardships really heightened my excitement when I saw Holy Spirit work mightily after she was obedient. It was incredible.

After breaking through her self and pressing into Him…

• She slept better.  She couldn’t remember the last time she felt this rested.
  • She experienced peace and the fullness of true joy that overrode what normally upset her.
  • She is diabetic, and her sugar level stabilized.
  • Her marriage was transformed from “doing her duty” to “deep love”.
  • Her husband, who doesn’t go to church, went to church with her.
  • She started tithing more even though she had little.

She had a business meeting with people she works with – people she dislikes the most.  And they dislike her.  Daggers started to fly at the meeting.  Normally, this would make her blood pressure sky rocket and give her unbearable stress.  But, an amazing thing happened.  She sat there, and a peace overcame her.  She felt as though she was looking down on the meeting, like she wasn’t really present in body but in spirit looking down.  She heard their complaints but felt God’s compassion for them.  She saw their value and that God loved them as much as He loved her. That was something she could never have done on her own before this month. She was free!

She was part of a Christian club that does good things for people.  She loved the people.  However, when she got to the monthly meeting she felt the Lord saying, “I don’t want you to do this.”  She said to herself, “There are a lot of good things I can do but now I only want to do what He wants me to do.”  She knew needed more time with Him for that season.

She fasted from watching television. She only watched a few clean movies but realized when you’re on a mission to greatness with God you better be focused on Him. She caught herself turning it on once but then turned it off and found herself more energized than usual.

Amidst the daily stress of work, she had peace!

That was just a portion from her journal entries.  It was a profound month.  I’m so thankful she was led to send me her journey.  It is empowering many.

I Corinthians 2:9-10

“‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered the heart of man the things God has prepared for those who love Him.’ But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes the deep things of God.

II Corinthians 2:5 says, “. . .that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

The hidden wisdom of God, the greater mysteries, are revealed to those who search the heart of Him who is able to do immeasureably more than you can think or fathom. I desire every spiriual blessing, wisdom and revelation that God has for me. Do you want to take the challenge?  Read Ephesians chapters 1 and 3 and John 17: 20-26 and fast from something that distracts you from hearing from Him for 30 days. Journal the experience.

Comments

1. LOVE your new blog, Sharon!!! Can’t wait to see you in July!

2. Sharon…first of all…LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!! The picture is precious. You are precious!

Now…I’m feeling so disappointed…I didn’t realize there was a fasting element to the challenge until just now….and I was on Day 21. I really want to start over again. Not that the past 3 weeks haven’t been beneficial, but I just feel like they will be nothing in comparison to the next 30 days…like the past 21 have been just a “taste” of what God is going to do.

Reading this post opened my eyes to something incredible that happened today. I had an appointment with a cardiologist. My blood pressure has been high. I’ve been on medication. Today…(off meds)…it was normal to low. The power of the Great Physician.

Also, while my family and I were away last week enjoying a mini-holiday, God moved in so many ways that He took my breath away. I felt His pleasure from the rainbow He placed in the sky to remind me He keeps His promises…to the “stranger” who hugged me and reminded me God loves me….to the “Fruit of the Spirit” bracelet He directed me to for my sister (long story)…to the change in weather when the forecast had been rain every day…to the…(I think you get the idea).

OK…now I’m going to pray about what the Lord wants me to “fast” from for the next 30 days….hmmm…something that distracts me from hearing from Him…might be more than one thing *smile*.

Soooooo excited with you Sharon, and can’t wait to read your 30 Day Journey to Power booklet!!!!!
    Hugs and love,

3. Sharon, I LOVE, LOVE your new blog!!! And I love your first post is about prayer, fasting, and being in the Word. It perfectly reflects your heart. Thanks for inviting us to stop by.

Love you and see you in July…can’t wait!

Wendy

4. Karla H. says:

First of all, I know God brought me to this sight specifically for this challenge. In looking around the site though I love it! I am undergoing chemo for breast cancer that I know without a doubt God led me to find. I’m halfway through and though I’ve seen His hand from the beginning He knew I needed a little more focus time with Him now that we have the routine down. We’ve seen Him provide just the right doctors I’d need that I’ve known for over 20 yrs. He’s even changed my chemo schedule so it wouldn’t interfere with my daughter’s birthday, our planned family vacation and church camp. This He changed within an hour of my realizing the conflicts before I could really do anything more than ask how flexible the schedule was, which they weren’t eager to change. During that hour, God had the surgeon call me and the Oncologist to let me know I couldn’t start chemo for one more week as I needed that extra week for healing from the double mastectomy. It was just enough time to allow those improtant family times to fall on the best days during the chemo cycle!! Only God! He’s provided more than we deserve over and over through this adventure! Whatever the outcome of this interruption, though my gut feeling is positive and peaceful, I know God is holding onto us tightly .

Thank you for allowing Him to use you to reach me!! There are a couple of difficult relationships that I need a fresh perspective on. My now 11 year old daughter and I will be doing this challenge for the month of June. She’s starting middle school in the fall and wants to be prepared. What a better way than going before the throne! The fasting component will likely be something we do together daily for the month but we still have to decide on that. I for one can’t wait to see what God is up to!

• Wow karla, God is surely working powerfully in your life! I cannot tell you how excited I am that you are taking the 30 day challenge. Please, please keep me posted on how your 3o day journey goes and your health.
      Jesus, I lift Karla up to You asking for a miracle over her. We ask for complete and total healing over every cell of her body. God we ask that you not only heal her but restore her immunity, her strength, her zeal and everything that has been lost. Thank You Lord! In Jesus’ Name Amen

• Karla, as I read your comment I just had to respond too. I have recently completed chemo for ovarian cancer, and your response echo’s mine. I felt like God was extending Jeremiah 29:4 to me, and carrying me into a time of exile. Exile…an enforced removal from one’s native surroundings; a prolonged period of living away. The Lord carried me into a further time of separation from the world so that my heart would learn to rest in Christ alone. The Lord provided for all my needs in very specific ways and this interruption truly became a divine intervention.

Blessings and prayers to you,

• Karla H. says:

Thank you, Sharon. I certainly wouldn’t have asked for this but I can’t tell you how we’ve been blessed over and over through it. I know God will use it somehow and I continue to see Him each step of the way. Than you for praying and I will let you know how this 30 day journey goes!

Joy,
        Thank you, too! I couldn’t agree more that it’s been a divine intervention. And no matter what the outcome, I’ve had a peace about it from the beginning. Oh there have been a few of “those” days but thankfully not many. I can see God using this adventure in my extended family and I pray they see Him above all.

I pray He blesses you both!
        Karla

5. Can’t wait to see your journal!

6. Mommy Ann says:

Had been very busy the past weeks – but Today I read this article and would want to take the challenge too… everyday – am asking the Lord to help me know Him deeper and be very deep in my spiritual relationship with Him… I just don’t know how to go on – and had not asked anyone to help how to do it….

Thanks for sharing – I will definitely share my journal….

7. Good morning Sharon,

I wanted to let you know that I am planning to do the 30 Day Journey to Power. I heard about your challenge from Wendy Blight. Just this week I started a 30 Day Challenge that Wendy had suggested. So this will fit in perfect with my daily quiet time with the LORD.

In closing I would love to share with you a scripture I readed today from one of my daily devotional. I pray that it will be an encouragement for you. “The Lord is good, a strength in the day of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.” Nahum 1:7

God bless my new friend,
    Carol – Olathe, KS

• Thank you SO much Carol, that scripture blessed me! Yay, I’m thrilled that you are doing the 30 day Journey to Power Challenge!!! Let me know how your 30 days go after you’re finished. Blessings!

8. Sheila Payne says:

I am a first time visitor and am quite impressed. I would love to talk with the lady that sent you her journal. I have wanted to do this and the part that jumped at me was the television fast. I love to unwind in front of a Hallmark movie or a cooking show. So far I have failed everytime I try to fast television since 1995. I would like to hear more about that. Maybe we could be accountability partners.

• Hi Sheila, I just emailed my journal friend.I would love for you to find success this time at fasting from the Tv. It could really be an amazing 30 days! You’ve got me excited about the potential! I’m going to start praying that you can do it.

9. Mandy Currie says:

Sharon I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your 30 day challenge and have subscribed to your blog even though I live in England, I often find my faith is boosted and challenged by my American friends, for this I am so grateful.

• I’m so glad you enjoyed it and subscribed! I’ve never been to England, I hope to come visit soon. Do you have a good church there? Blessings, Sharon

10. Tracey says:

Oh Sharon, I love this and it is confirmation for what the Lord has been whispering to me.. I am doing this… Thanks so much for sharing this woman’s story! I want so much to be closer to HIM and I have allowed things to creep in.. sometimes it is hard for me to find good quality time for Him( I used to and it was wondrous) I want that and more … LOLOL Thank You!!

• You are so welcome and praise God you are doing this challenge. Stay the course, don’t get discouraged, the more you press in the more He reveals!

11. Anita Owen says:

I am very glad Wendy shared this with “me”. I want to take this challenge! So, I am in – starting tomorrow. I think I will “rotate my Bibles” for I can see all the versions. Thank you very much Sharon. It is nice to meet you by the way.

12. Bernadette says:

Hi Sharon
    I love your new blog, very powerful. I am going to take this 30 day challenge, I will start tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how God speaks to me.

13. Wow! Sharon, can’t wait to read your 30-day challenge/journal and find out more. I’m desperate here. I know I need Him.

14. Charmaine Daugherty says:

I am inspired! I so want to do this, I do have a bit of trouble figuring out what to fast though. It seems that it comes so easy to others of what to fast. I feel lost sometimes, with that. I do need something like this, I need/want to hear from Him clearly, to fall more in love with Him and to be in His perfect will for my life. I enjoy your blog and all of the blessings Proverbs 31 pours into my life. Hope to do something like this one day, to speak life and encourage other women to live the life God has for them and to see the treasure they are. He has done so much fro me and I know the best is yet to come. 🙂

• Charmaine, I saw your comment and just wanted to encourage you. I was uncertain what the Lord would desire me to ‘fast’ from as well. I began praying that He would show me the thing(s) that distracted me from hearing from Him. Much was revealed just as I began to notice choices I would make eg. reaching for my computer or iPod before having my quiet time with the Lord….choosing to watch a DVD before finishing some Bible study preparation…going out for coffee before writing that note to a friend who I felt impressed to encourage in the Lord. God began to reveal to me that these other choices were distracting me from hearing from Him and walking in obedience. I think it’s more difficult when these things in themselves aren’t ‘bad’, they just aren’t ‘best’. It didn’t mean that I NEVER enjoyed a coffee out again, but I intentionally put the Lord first in all things. (I did shut down my iPod for 30 days and I also have disabled my Facebook account completely…God showed me that intimacy comes with proximity, whether it be closeness to the Lord or with friends…there needs to be face-to-face communication.)

I pray the Lord will make it clear to you what He desires you to ‘fast’ from so that your desire for Him will deepen. Yes, the best is yet to come. He is yet to come again! 🙂
      Blessings,

• Charmaine Daugherty says:

Joy, thank you so much for the encouragement 🙂 I have found something to fast, Facebook! It takes a lot of my time that I could be spending in the Word or with my family. I am not one of those who are on it all day, I do have things to do, but I use it for down time and to play a game here or there, catch up with friends etc. I looked at my day and what I did everyday and how much time I gave to different things and I feel like that was what needed to go. So I believe He will honor my sacrifice, but not only that I am excited to see what He is going to reveal to me. Today is day 2! I am ready for more of Jesus, He is my love and my life<3 Just love Him. Thanks again, blessings, Charmaine

15. Wimberly says:

Good afternoon! I am new to your sweet blog and wanted to give a special thank you for the 30 Day Challenge. I have been touched by the Lord’s work though you. My heart has ached for my young grand daughters because their parents have asked me not to sing ‘Jesus Loves Me’, or any of the Christian songs from my childhood or pray with them. At one time, my daughter-in-law, who is not a believer, shared with me that she new how important my relationship was with the Lord and she wanted me to know it was OK to share with my granddaughters. I let her know how much that meant to me. But it has changed since my 18 month year old grand daughter began to sing the songs and I was over heard praying with her. As I read Christ’s prayer, in Ephesians, He spoke to me that the His love in me is powerful and that through His Love they will know Him in me. I am praying for his work in me and the continued Hope in him for my son and his family’s salvation. Joyfully will be journaling to see Him work in our lives. Thank you again and His blessing to you and your family. Wimberly

• May the Lord continue to encourage and strengthen you Wimberly! I’m so happy the He put you in my path and I can now pray for you! Love and hugs! sharon

16. I am happy I bumped into your blog.The 30 day challenge sounds challenging.Am yearning to grow into a deeper relationship with him.the first thing that came to mindwas Facebook& Candy Crush saga.I pray that I will succeed and that God will answer my prayers ,even as I get to hear him speaking to me

17. Thank you Wendy! I love you!

Trackbacks

1. […] She saw that we were beginning a 30 Day Challenge.  Guess what?  She is doing the same thing on her blog!  She has some exciting things tied to her journey, so I if you want to see what her challenge is […]